Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The thing I don’t understand col, is what difference, even if it doesn’t ?

surely the chance that it might is worth wearing it ? what have you got to lose ??  And it’s just possible that you might help by not infecting someone else if you are carrying the virus a day or so before symptoms begin to show,  it astonishes me to see some over 70’s wandering around supermarkets without a mask on. (I’m sure not all of them are hard of hearing ).  it’s like playing a game of Russian roulette where the chamber has 10,000 bullets in it but only one is occupied …..why take the risk ?

Yeah but I it’s my right not to wear a mask, and the narrative…… :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Sad that it has come to this. Thank you for everything you have done. You deserve something better after what you've been through and are now seeing. Best wishes for the rest of your career. You have made a difference. 

This x 1000

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Sad that it has come to this. Thank you for everything you have done. You deserve something better after what you've been through and are now seeing. Best wishes for the rest of your career. You have made a difference. 

:appl:

Poor immune response in many double- vaccinated blood cancer patients

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/poor-immune-response-double-vaccinated-blood-cancer-patients

I'm in this group so this why I'm happy to see people being vaccinated, wearing masks and social distancing. 

I've had my first, second and third primary vaccination and now waiting for the booster appointment.

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Poor immune response in many double- vaccinated blood cancer patients

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/poor-immune-response-double-vaccinated-blood-cancer-patients

I'm in this group so this why I'm happy to see people being vaccinated, wearing masks and social distancing. 

I've had my first, second and third primary vaccination and now waiting for the booster appointment.

Sorry buddy, some members of society can’t bring themselves to wear a face nappy because they haven’t seen irrefutable evidence (in their eyes)  that it might save your life …..

maybe just stay at home for a few years to spare them the ignominy of having to put one on ……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sorry buddy, some members of society can’t bring themselves to wear a face nappy because they haven’t seen irrefutable evidence (in their eyes)  that it might save your life …..

maybe just stay at home for a few years to spare them the ignominy of having to put one on ……

The annoying thing is, I'm otherwise fit and only 57. I run a bit and played football all my life, eventually moving to 5 a side before finally stopping at age 50. Under normal circumstances I would probably have a normal length life.

Covid will most likely kill me or leave me with severe disabilities at best.

5 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

The annoying thing is, I'm otherwise fit and only 57. I run a bit and played football all my life, eventually moving to 5 a side before finally stopping at age 50. Under normal circumstances I would probably have a normal length life.

Covid will most likely kill me or leave me with severe disabilities at best.

I suspect that’s a glass almost empty approach but understandable nevertheless 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I suspect that’s a glass almost empty approach but understandable nevertheless 

No. That's what my consultants are telling me :dunno:

Edit: I also have Bronchiectasis (chronic lung disease) which can cause extra complications during ICU treatments involving intubation etc. My Bronchiectasis is stable and I take a long term antibiotic to help but it is generally progressive and causes structural lung damage.

Edited by jgtuk

43 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Edit: I also have Bronchiectasis (chronic lung disease) which can cause extra complications during ICU treatments involving intubation etc. My Bronchiectasis is stable and I take a long term antibiotic to help but it is generally progressive and causes structural lung damage.

Blimey mate - you’ve got a pretty sh1t hand at the moment ……. Hope you manage to steer clear of it

• Like 2

Despite in excess of 40k positive tests per day, I’ve had test and trace calls for both my kids. 

the first one took half an hour.  Now I’ve had the second one and I refused to go through it again. Evidently there is no way the system can tie up same households so that the data is available to them.  And there is no option in their system to say that the case is a household infection so all info duplicated apart from the outside of house tracing for the individual who has tested positive. 

they only have three options 

co operative 

non co operative 

call back at a designated time 

so I’ve been listed as non co operative. 
if they had a decent system then we could have had a ten minute conversation and they could have had the information they needed to trace possible contacts at his school from last week (not that this makes any difference because half the class was infected) 

Anyone who has had to go through these phone calls when they have already done everything they need to has my sympathies…..

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Despite in excess of 40k positive tests per day, I’ve had test and trace calls for both my kids. 

the first one took half an hour.  Now I’ve had the second one and I refused to go through it again. Evidently there is no way the system can tie up same households so that the data is available to them.  And there is no option in their system to say that the case is a household infection so all info duplicated apart from the outside of house tracing for the individual who has tested positive. 

co operative 

non co operative 

if they had a decent system then we could have had a ten minute conversation and they could have had the information they needed to trace possible contacts at his school from last week (not that this makes any difference because half the class was infected) 

Anyone who has had to go through these phone calls when they have already done everything they need to has my sympathies…..

Shambles...

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

co operative 

non co operative 

Well they only spent £37 billion on it

• Like 2

On 24/10/2021 at 13:10, jgtuk said:

what do you do about flu?

22 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Ferguson will be fuming.

Oh good, you're back!

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on the replies you got to this.

On 23/10/2021 at 13:29, Legend_in_blue said:

Please provide the real world data that masks make a difference.  Not clinical, peer reviewed trials in a medical setting, real world data.  I am struggling to find any.

On 23/10/2021 at 13:43, FoxesDeb said:
On 23/10/2021 at 13:45, leicsmac said:

Are they the sort of thing you were hoping for?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, reporterpenguin said:

Oh good, you're back!

I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on the replies you got to this.

Are they the sort of thing you were hoping for?

No joking matter.  Listening to the BBC news tonight and the state of mental health in this country and it's a sad, sad place to be.  We will look back in 10, 20, 30 years time and ask was this worth it?  Have the benefits outweighed the costs?

Someone needs to be held accountable.  Tip of the iceberg stuff on the news tonight.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Went into my local Tesco earlier and I was the only one wearing a mask, despite a request to wear face coverings as you enter the store.

I also discovered that some members of my sisters family have tested positive today. Seems to be getting even closer!

Not surprised though, given the attitude of too many people.

15 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Went into my local Tesco earlier and I was the only one wearing a mask, despite a request to wear face coverings as you enter the store.

I also discovered that some members of my sisters family have tested positive today. Seems to be getting even closer!

Not surprised though, given the attitude of too many people.

I noticed the same thing yesterday - mask-wearing seems to be becoming a rarity in a lot of public settings. And if you're the only one with one on, the feeling of being on the moral high-ground is tempered somewhat by a feeling that everyone around thinks that you're a bit of a dick.  

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I noticed the same thing yesterday - mask-wearing seems to be becoming a rarity in a lot of public settings. And if you're the only one with one on, the feeling of being on the moral high-ground is tempered somewhat by a feeling that everyone around thinks that you're a bit of a dick.  

First-Time-meme-template-of-The-Ballad-o

Granted I have 30+ years of experience but you do eventually get used to it :thumbup:

30 minutes ago, String fellow said:

We don't wear them at work, but I'd say the majority of customers do.

Most will then take them off if sitting at my desk and having a chat, which is fine with me. They do ask if they can.

I only have to wear a mask at work if a customer wants me to accompany them on a test drive.

I've got a screen at my desk too.

However, if I'm going in a shop, I will wear a mask.

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

No joking matter.  Listening to the BBC news tonight and the state of mental health in this country and it's a sad, sad place to be.  We will look back in 10, 20, 30 years time and ask was this worth it?  Have the benefits outweighed the costs?

Someone needs to be held accountable.  Tip of the iceberg stuff on the news tonight.

...no comment on the "real world data" you were seeking, then?

• Like 1