Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Take the report with a pinch of salt anyway. The Daily Signal is a right wing publication funded by The Heritage Foundation who are a right wing think tank owned by right wing billionaires. The Heritage Foundation are thought to be anti-vax climate change deniers funded to some extent by the tobacco industry.

If there's one thing we need now it's more right wing voices

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

i.e. someone who wears a mask in enclosed spaces and therefore less likely to have lost their sense of smell due to having COVID?

No, someone who if they wear a mask, can't smell leaking gas, i mean, you wouldn't put a mask on a canary down a mine would you.

45 minutes ago, Soup said:

What's wrong with working at MacDonald's?

You'll have to ask the former nurses/doctors/police currently complaining on twitter and the like that those are the only jobs they can get now. They don't seem too happy to be giving up their well paying, well benefitting careers to work there tbh. 

And all for essentially nothing. Strange world. 

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No, someone who if they wear a mask, can't smell leaking gas, i mean, you wouldn't put a mask on a canary down a mine would you.

I think they’ve moved on to gas analysers now, much like gas engineers use.

But I get your point. If a tradesman is going into someone’s house or business and is asked to wear a mask, they should.  

I don’t wear a mask any more, unless the business I am visiting requires it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

You'll have to ask the former nurses/doctors/police currently complaining on twitter and the like that those are the only jobs they can get now. They don't seem too happy to be giving up their well paying, well benefitting careers to work there tbh. 

And all for essentially nothing. Strange world. 

Yes, I'll agree with the last bit :D

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

But I'm hugely intolerant to anti vaxxers. The absolute best I can say about them is that they're really unfortunate victims of an extensive, highly organised and highly motivated brainwashing movement committing a clear pattern of social and mass media manipulation. 

Mate chill out, that's utter crap.

For instance do I fall in to that group because I don't want to have a 3rd jab if it means mixing vaccines? Why can't I stick to what's already inside me? 

If I'm an anti vaxxer for that then **** me

Edited by Soup

16 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I work with someone (in a hospital) who has refused any Covid-19 jabs for 'religious reasons'.

I kindly asked what that reason/s is and they declined to state it.

I'm  taking a wild guess that they were  Muslim?

Alot of muslims are refusing the vaccine due to religious ideology.

When I say religious ideology, what I really mean is bullsh1t as there is no reasoning behind it.

7 minutes ago, Raj said:

I'm  taking a wild guess that they were  Muslim?

Alot of muslims are refusing the vaccine due to religious ideology.

When I say religious ideology, what I really mean is bullsh1t as there is no reasoning behind it.

It’s the use of Porcine Gelatine in the vaccine that some religious groups find problematic, mostly a small number from Jewish and Muslim communities. I’ve seen anti-vaxxers also use religion as an excuse though. 

1 minute ago, jgtuk said:

It’s the use of Porcine Gelatine in the vaccine that some religious groups find problematic, mostly a small number from Jewish and Muslim communities. I’ve seen anti-vaxxers also use religion as an excuse though. 

I'm sure they put alot worse into their bodies than something so specific!

2 hours ago, Soup said:

Mate chill out, that's utter crap.

For instance do I fall in to that group because I don't want to have a 3rd jab if it means mixing vaccines? Why can't I stick to what's already inside me? 

If I'm an anti vaxxer for that then **** me

Why don’t you want to mix it? 

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If you were arguing for most other political, humanitarian or spiritual positions, I'd agree. I work in social housing and know quite a few colleagues who help provide an excellent public service for vulnerable people but whom are brexit voting Tories. Some of them I'm even friends with, despite the massive difference in world view. 

But I'm hugely intolerant to anti vaxxers. The absolute best I can say about them is that they're really unfortunate victims of an extensive, highly organised and highly motivated brainwashing movement committing a clear pattern of social and mass media manipulation. 

But even then, I'm sorry, but it's still those most prone to envy, to bitterness, to resentment, to fear, to hatred, to overwhelming self interest and those lacking hugely in empathy that fall prey to these movements. 

So I just don't really have any patience for it. With the minute exception of people perhaps prone to allergic reactions to some medications or whatever, there's just no reason to not get vaccinated.

And the very concept of "prejudice" against anti vaxxers is, I'm sorry, offensively stupid. 

A ****ing men… praise the Lord sweet Brother Numpsey.

• Like 1

What's people thoughts on giving +13's the vaccine?

We've booked my daughter in for one as she is at Secondary school where the cases of positives were very high.

However  the risk of something serious happening to them is pretty low anyway?

@Izzy did you get your kids vaccinated?

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I work with someone (in a hospital) who has refused any Covid-19 jabs for 'religious reasons'.

I kindly asked what that reason/s is and they declined to state it.

16 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I’m pretty sure that in both religions, the sanctity of life is more important than the rules and regs. Hence you can break the rules to avoid a threat to your life. The religious leaders of Muslims and Jews have told their followers that they should take the vaccine.   I’ve read that in the USA, some of the RW religious Christian groups are avoiding the vaccine because  fetal cell lines – cells grown in a laboratory based on aborted fetal cells collected generations ago – were used in testing during research and development of the mRNA vaccines, and during production of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raj said:

What's people thoughts on giving +13's the vaccine?

We've booked my daughter in for one as she is at Secondary school where the cases of positives were very high.

However  the risk of something serious happening to them is pretty low anyway?

@Izzy did you get your kids vaccinated?

My father in law (ex medic) is of the opinion that U14 shouldn't have it because of the marginal myocardial risk. Basically what the JVCI said.  The decision was taken out of our hands because our 13 y o caught it …….. given that most of his isolation is over half term, I guess we got lucky - Assuming there isn’t any long covid - it’s a very difficult decision.  Natural immunity is alway the best option. 

Edited by st albans fox