Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You are 63% less likely to pass it on. Stop thinking I’m absolutes, it is not 100% effective, it’s been said from day one, we all   know this, so examples of x or y person getting it are meaningless. 

I'm not thinking in absolutes. I pointing out that you said incorrect to my statement that it doesn't stop you from passing it on or contracting it.

Nearly everyone will catch it at some point, like the government says, we're going to learn to live with it.

5 minutes ago, Otis said:

I'm not thinking in absolutes. I pointing out that you said incorrect to my statement that it doesn't stop you from passing it on or contracting it.

Nearly everyone will catch it at some point, like the government says, we're going to learn to live with it.

Well you are are it clearly states you are less likely to pass it on, so it clearly stops people from passing it on.

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I think you and I have always agreed on the basics throughout this whole thing, albeit we might approach it in different ways 🤔 

If the overweight 55 year old needs my (and my children's) help with herd immunity through vaccination to avoid them dying I am happy to comply. I would also hope that were Covid to affect the youngsters the way it has the older generation, the overweight 55 year olds would be equally obliging. 

The overweight 55 year old needs to help him/herself first and foremost by being less overweight and fitter in order to fight any infection off in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Well you are are it clearly states you are less likely to pass it on, so it clearly stops people from passing it on.

You’re arguing against someone who doesn’t take science into account, just evidence from ‘children he knows’ and not being ’sure’, doesn’t think in ‘absolutes’ but is willing to give an opinion when others lives could be at stake. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

You’re arguing against someone who doesn’t take science into account, just evidence from ‘children he knows’ and not being ’sure’, doesn’t think in ‘absolutes’ but is willing to give an opinion when others lives could be at stake. 

What have I said that's false.

Just now, Otis said:

What have I said that's false.

You’ve littered this thread with anecdotes and personal opinion and try to twist fact and data. You are part of the misinformation we’re seeing everywhere. Why not look at the peer reviewed research also found throughout the thread and you might find some absolutes to think about. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It reduces transmission, if you are vaccinated you are less likely to pass it on and if everyone is vaccinated you are less likely to catch it as they are less likely to pass it on to you.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2294250-how-much-less-likely-are-you-to-spread-covid-19-if-youre-vaccinated/

"However, the data used only went up to 24 March, before delta became dominant. The team is now using more recent data to work out the impact of delta, says Prunas".

This seems way outdated!

Even if you are vaccinated, you can still be infected with COVID-19 and pass it on to others. If you are identified as a contact of someone with COVID-19 but you are not required to self-isolate, you can help protect others by following the guidance on how to stay safe and help prevent the spread.

11 Oct 2021

8 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

You’ve littered this thread with anecdotes and personal opinion and try to twist fact and data. You are part of the misinformation we’re seeing everywhere. Why not look at the peer reviewed research also found throughout the thread and you might find some absolutes to think about. 

Can you give an example where I've spread miss information?

1 minute ago, Otis said:

Even if you are vaccinated, you can still be infected with COVID-19 and pass it on to others. If you are identified as a contact of someone with COVID-19 but you are not required to self-isolate, you can help protect others by following the guidance on how to stay safe and help prevent the spread.

11 Oct 2021

Why post that? We already know 😂

1 minute ago, jgtuk said:

Why post that? We already know 😂

Backing up my claim that the vaccine doesn't stop transmission. And I was called incorrect by babylon and accused of spreading missinformation by yourself. 

2 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Using anecdote and swerving information is spreading misinformation. Arguing about the effectiveness of vaccines because you’re ‘not sure’ is misinformation. 
You don’t have to make bold statements to misinform. 

Of cause I'm going to state anecdotes. I'm not going to mention what may or may not have happened to someone I don't know. By saying I'm not sure isn't spreading falsehoods at all, it's just saying I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the vaccines ability to stop the spread after 6 months. Are you sure it does? If so then why the need for boosters. 

See. You’re manipulating what Babylon said. He was merely correcting your statement with the latest information we have. We know that the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission. We also know that it is very good at helping to stop transmission. You put a negative spin with your statement ‘As the vaccine will not stop you from passing it on or contracting it as proven today by the double jabbed’.

I think you are being a bit disingenuous if you can’t see that your negative spin helps reinforce misinformation.

7 minutes ago, Otis said:

Backing up my claim that the vaccine doesn't stop transmission. And I was called incorrect by babylon and accused of spreading missinformation by yourself. 

It's shocking that you can't get your head around the concept of reduced transmission rates.  If having the vaccine means you're less likely to catch and subsequently spread the virus, it's semantically correct to say that it "stops" you getting/spreading it even if it isn't the most pedantically accurate wording of the concept.  Clinging onto this wordplay is terribly bad faith and the hallmark of people who want to disagree but don't have a more reasonable argument to make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Otis said:

Of cause I'm going to state anecdotes. I'm not going to mention what may or may not have happened to someone I don't know. By saying I'm not sure isn't spreading falsehoods at all, it's just saying I'm not sure of the effectiveness of the vaccines ability to stop the spread after 6 months. Are you sure it does? If so then why the need for boosters. 

Who cares if you’re sure or not? I’ll listen to people who are sure (as sure as they can be).

I’ll say again, instead of arguing with me, go read some of the evidence on the thread - Line-x has proffered more than enough for you to have a more reasoned idea. 
Evidence shouldn’t come from your aunts brothers son in law, or facebook/twitter/instagram etc. 

Anyway, I'm probably wasting my time, you're definitely wasting yours on me.

Have a good night 

8 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

See. You’re manipulating what Babylon said. He was merely correcting your statement with the latest information we have. We know that the vaccine doesn’t stop transmission. We also know that it is very good at helping to stop transmission. You put a negative spin with your statement ‘As the vaccine will not stop you from passing it on or contracting it as proven today by the double jabbed’.

I think you are being a bit disingenuous if you can’t see that your negative spin helps reinforce misinformation.

I stand by what I said is correct. Whether you take what I said in a positive or negative way is up to the reader.

"Having a goalkeeper in your team stops the other team scoring"

"Curious, you say that but I see you've conceded a goal in your last 5 matches, instead of being a sheep I'm going to think for myself and play without any goalkeepers from now on, checkmate"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It's shocking that you can't get your head around the concept of reduced transmission rates.  If having the vaccine means you're less likely to catch and subsequently spread the virus, it's semantically correct to say that it "stops" you getting/spreading it even if it isn't the most pedantically accurate wording of the concept.  Clinging onto this wordplay is terribly bad faith and the hallmark of people who want to disagree but don't have a more reasonable argument to make.

26 minutes ago, Otis said:

11 Oct 2021

I'm not playing with words. The Government states almost word for word what I said, yet I was called incorrect for saying it.

6 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

Who cares if you’re sure or not? I’ll listen to people who are sure (as sure as they can be).

I’ll say again, instead of arguing with me, go read some of the evidence on the thread - Line-x has proffered more than enough for you to have a more reasoned idea. 
Evidence shouldn’t come from your aunts brothers son in law, or facebook/twitter/instagram etc. 

Anyway, I'm probably wasting my time, you're definitely wasting yours on me.

Have a good night 

No I'm looking at the data and suggesting why case rates aren't decreasing with more a more people being vaccinated everyday. Or am I not allowed an opinion?

Have a good night.