Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

My mum has tested positive. 

My missus and I both did a PCR test yesterday around 9.30am.

Shes already got her result notification (negative thankfully) at 5am this morning. 

Where's mine?! They were sent off together at the same time from the same test centre... 

Me and my son had ours together on Tuesday afternoon. I got my result Wednesday evening and his came through Thursday morning.

10 hours ago, Otis said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59077036

• They also appear to be just as infectious

Yet when I wrote this I was accused of spreading mismisinformation. 

The report you are now attempting to use to make yourself look smart, literally contradicts what you said. It says if you are fully vaccinated you have less chance of catching it from someone you live with. And that the viral load decline is much faster in the vaccinated, which means you have less chance of passing it on than someone vaccinated. Meaning the vaccine can stop / reduce the chance of you getting it and from passing it on. 

Stop talking if absolutes you utter weapon. Will it stop 100% of cases, will it stop you from spreading it 100% of the time... NO!!! Does it reduce the chances of both of those things (ergo. it stops some people getting it and stops some people passing it on) YES. 

666343413_Screenshot2021-10-29at08_42_11.thumb.png.7ce23b15b28d6c998a8f979517e8f0ca.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Spudulike said:

What you need to consider is that a vaccinated person is less likely to get covid and, consequently as a result, less likely to spread it. I think that has been the point being made all along. 

10 hours ago, Otis said:

True. But that wasn't the point made yesterday. 

So you are no longer arguing that the vaccine CAN stop you from contracting it?

1438395116_Screenshot2021-10-29at08_42_11.thumb.png.9e9463e1e82b0a5273bab6d70250e14b.png

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yeah my missus is continuing to take LFTs anyway. We reckon mum was first infection either Monday or Tuesday. 

I do understand that negative now might not mean negative in a few days so will look out for symptoms.

🤞🏾 in any case! 

Because there are so many cases in the school we have become aware of the general ignorance via WhatsApp groups 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The report you are now attempting to use to make yourself look smart, literally contradicts what you said. It says if you are fully vaccinated you have less chance of catching it from someone you live with. And that the viral load decline is much faster in the vaccinated, which means you have less chance of passing it on than someone vaccinated. Meaning the vaccine can stop / reduce the chance of you getting it and from passing it on. 

Stop talking if absolutes you utter weapon. Will it stop 100% of cases, will it stop you from spreading it 100% of the time... NO!!! Does it reduce the chances of both of those things (ergo. it stops some people getting it and stops some people passing it on) YES. 

666343413_Screenshot2021-10-29at08_42_11.thumb.png.7ce23b15b28d6c998a8f979517e8f0ca.png

I really think you should re read the posts. I was saying you can still catch it and pass it on.

And the report literally states the vaccinated person will be just as infectious as an unvaccinated person... which you argue. 

Can you stop with the personal abuse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otis said:

I really think you should re read the posts. I was saying you can still catch it and pass it on.

And the report literally states the vaccinated person will be just as infectious as an unvaccinated person... which you argue. 

Can you stop with the personal abuse.

No you didn’t say that, you might think it’s a subtle difference in what you just said and what you actually said, but it isn’t, it’s entirely different. 

1438395116_Screenshot2021-10-29at08_42_11.thumb.png.9e9463e1e82b0a5273bab6d70250e14b.png

A girl in work with me, her and her family all decided not to get vaccinated. I'm not really sure the reason, I know there wasn't a good reason so assumed they'd either swallowed some anti-vax nonsense or just thought it wouldn't happen to them but I left it there as that's there choice, not mine. 

Husband caught it, brought it home and now they all have it. All except one of them are really I'll and the husband's now in hospital on a ventilator. 

Im finding it really weird being in a position of obviously hoping he pulls through and is ok but also feeling a bit like "well derrrr, what did you expect?"

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rain King said:

Anyone got vomiting on the symptom bingo case? Barely gone an hour without doing so since early afternoon.

That sounds like the Norovirus. It’s doing the rounds at the schools, which, for the record, isn’t unusual for this time of year. Trust me, I’ve been working in education for nearly 15 years and it’s the same each year. Sept-Xmas is the time it runs it’s course. Year before covid was pretty bad for it. 

Edited by fox_favourite

9 hours ago, Rain King said:

Anyone got vomiting on the symptom bingo case? Barely gone an hour without doing so since early afternoon.

Also, slightly suspicious…but you haven’t been spying on or been near the Arsenal training camp have you? They have a stomach bug going round and put 2 and 2 together and got 3456774

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

That sounds like the Norovirus. It’s doing the rounds at the schools, which, for the record, isn’t unusual for this time of year. Trust me, I’ve been working in education for nearly 15 years and it’s the same each year. Sept-Xmas is the time it runs it’s course. Year before covid was pretty bad for it. 

Having it at the same time as covid would be a it unlucky?

10 hours ago, Rain King said:

Just recovered from covid. Had a bit of a dodgy stomach at times, but nothing out of the ordinary. Was pretty mild generally apart from the first couple of days, which were a bit rough.

Anecdotally, much like many have said here, I didn't test positive on an LFT until 4 days post initial symptoms. 

Edited by martyn

Guest Col city fan
21 hours ago, RobHawk said:

A girl in work with me, her and her family all decided not to get vaccinated. I'm not really sure the reason, I know there wasn't a good reason so assumed they'd either swallowed some anti-vax nonsense or just thought it wouldn't happen to them but I left it there as that's there choice, not mine. 

Husband caught it, brought it home and now they all have it. All except one of them are really I'll and the husband's now in hospital on a ventilator. 

Im finding it really weird being in a position of obviously hoping he pulls through and is ok but also feeling a bit like "well derrrr, what did you expect?"

Horrible though it sounds, what DID they expect? They’ve not given their bodies any defence against a potentially life threatening condition 

🤷‍♂️

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, Rain King said:

Having it at the same time as covid would be a it unlucky?

Why? Two separate infections contracted simultaneously. I guess that is ‘unlucky’ but of course, can happen 

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Horrible though it sounds, what DID they expect? They’ve not given their bodies any defence against a potentially life threatening condition 

🤷‍♂️

Well, if they are generally fit and healthy people, they wouldn't expect to end up on a ventilator. That's horrendously bad luck. 

Or, perhaps, they are absolute porkers.....in which case, they were, frankly, asking for trouble to expect an easy ride

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Well, if they are generally fit and healthy people, they wouldn't expect to end up on a ventilator. That's horrendously bad luck. 

Or, perhaps, they are absolute porkers.....in which case, they were, frankly, asking for trouble to expect an easy ride

it’s not as straightforward as that …….and I promise you that it was no fun falling asleep and wondering if you were going to wake up ! 

admittedly, it’s moved on now so a bit less scary as we generally know what to expect …..but if your lungs/chest are affected it can be v unpleasant indeed.  just being vulnerable or overweight - it’s way more complex than that. 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

🤷‍♂️

Swings and roundabouts isn't it.  My dads friend died 2 days after his 2nd shot from a heart attack with no underlying conditions.  Could be coincidence of course but can see why some might be reticent about getting it.

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

it’s not as straightforward as that …….and I promise you that it was no fun falling asleep and wondering if you were going to wake up ! 

admittedly, it’s moved on now so a bit less scary as we generally know what to expect …..but if your lungs/chest are affected it can be v unpleasant indeed.  just being vulnerable or overweight - it’s way more complex than that. 

Not saying it's pleasant, but very very few people on ventilation are healthy. Outliers and exceptions of course, dependent on the viral.load. But you csn count yourself  exceptionally  unlucky to be healthy and on a ventilator. Unless,.of course, the OP actually meant the patient is on oxygen - which is far less dramatic 

On 28/10/2021 at 20:03, Col city fan said:

Hospital admissions due to c19 highest since February

It ain’t going away folks 

I stopped looking at this number when it was revealed that these figures included people in hospital for other reasons, some who even caught it in hospital.

Given that this is what the figure means (rather than people admitted due to being ill with Covid as you'd expect), it's a useless figure. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I stopped looking at this number when it was revealed that these figures included people in hospital for other reasons, some who even caught it in hospital.

Given that this is what the figure means (rather than people admitted due to being ill with Covid as you'd expect), it's a useless figure. 

Whatever figures you want to look at, the number of hospital admissions of people with covid and/or the numbers of people contracting it whilst in hospital is rising… steeply

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Whatever figures you want to look at, the number of hospital admissions of people with covid and/or the numbers of people contracting it whilst in hospital is rising… steeply

Looks pretty flat since July to me.

https://mol.im/a/10147669#i-b21780d974b05258

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-daily-covid-admissions

Local summary for | Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Cases in the city of Leicester up 42.2% in 7 days to October 25th. County up 17% in same period. Only Melton district has an infection rate out of the city lower than 400 per 100000. It was also the only county region to see a decline in infection rates during the same 7 day period.

Hospital admissions for covid in University of Leicester Hospitals up 36.4%  in same period.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

🤷‍♂️

Yeah I'm right with you... He's still not great, temperature all over the place, girl I work with is beside herself. I'm sure they regret not having it done now.