Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

6 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

Swings and roundabouts isn't it.  My dads friend died 2 days after his 2nd shot from a heart attack with no underlying conditions.  Could be coincidence of course but can see why some might be reticent about getting it.

If half a million people get the jab on one particular day, you can expect that 50 of them will be dead within 72 hours. 

5 hours ago, fox_favourite said:
12 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

If half a million people get the jab on one particular day, you can expect that 50 of them will be dead within 72 hours. 

Huh? Why? That’s was written as a definite statement.

a) Are you expecting sound and evidenced argument??

b) It may well be true. But only because if you take any random half million people you can probably expect 50 of them to be dead within 72 hours.

Anyone else really struggle with the isolation after testing positive?

Wasn't really fussed for the first few days as felt too rough to do anything  anyway but I'm feeling OK today and desperate to go out for a walk or something.

Suddenly the thought of being trapped at home for almost another week feels me with dread.

I've just been and sat in the garden in the rain for 20 minutes.

21 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Wasn't really fussed for the first few days as felt too rough to do anything  anyway but I'm feeling OK today and desperate to go out for a walk or something.

Suddenly the thought of being trapped at home for almost another week feels me with dread.

Can imagine it’s tough going. But it’s only a week then you’ll be out again. 

what were your initial symptoms when it started?

43 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just go for a walk late at night, I had to isolate with family beginning of the year and I’d just go for a walk late evening because no one was around anyway. 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Just go for a walk late at night, I had to isolate with family beginning of the year and I’d just go for a walk late evening because no one was around anyway. 

That's what I did last year. Does wonders for your mental wellbeing. 

12 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

a) Are you expecting sound and evidenced argument??

b) It may well be true. But only because if you take any random half million people you can probably expect 50 of them to be dead within 72 hours.

Point b is exactly my point. You can't take a random death of one person shortly after having the jab as significant, because by the law of averages quite a lot of people will die shortly after having the jab. 

I don't understand point a. It seems a bit strange sarcastically (I presume) suggesting that sound and evidenced argument won't come from me, before repeating exactly my argument. Am I missing a hidden meaning? 

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

Point b is exactly my point. You can't take a random death of one person shortly after having the jab as significant, because by the law of averages quite a lot of people will die shortly after having the jab. 

I don't understand point a. It seems a bit strange sarcastically (I presume) suggesting that sound and evidenced argument won't come from me, before repeating exactly my argument. Am I missing a hidden meaning? 

I think Phil may have misunderstood your point and thought you were making an anti vaccination stand of some sort, as I did. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

45 minutes ago, Buce said:

I know a bloke who tried this approach to paying his mortgage and it worked a treat.

Right up to the moment they came for his house.

I’m trying the same approach to worrying about my weight …. Problem is I keep needing to buy new clothes and climbing three flights of stairs brings me out in a sweat! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

the more you read and think about the virus the worse you will be, i have just forgot it even existed now and i feel fine, i don't have the vaccine.

the more you worry about it the more damage it will do to you.

I admire your stance on this to be honest. I don't worry about the virus either and I feel fine also. I do however worry about any restrictions that could be placed upon me in the future if I refuse the rolling vaccine program which looks set in motion. 

Do you not worry that all your leisure activities could be taken away from you? Holidays, football, eating and drinking out etc. Maybe even a mandate for working as well. I'd feel no guilt about not having a vaccine, even if I was looked upon as being selfish. But to lose my rights to have fun might be to much for me. Plus the missus would probably leave me and she'd take half my money and balls to that.

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

the more you read and think about the virus the worse you will be, i have just forgot it even existed now and i feel fine, i don't have the vaccine.

the more you worry about it the more damage it will do to you.

Too right - just ignore it, I'm sure it will go away. And as for that climate change stuff. Much better to just get on enjoying your life and live the way you want to. Sod the rest. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Too right - just ignore it, I'm sure it will go away. And as for that climate change stuff. Much better to just get on enjoying your life and live the way you want to. Sod the rest. 

It's just a shame that the laws of the natural world, unlike other problems caused by humans,  don't bend to people's denial. 

• Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 06:04, fox_favourite said:

That sounds like the Norovirus. It’s doing the rounds at the schools, which, for the record, isn’t unusual for this time of year. Trust me, I’ve been working in education for nearly 15 years and it’s the same each year. Sept-Xmas is the time it runs it’s course. Year before covid was pretty bad for it. 

Sickness bugs have definitely made the rounds, it ripped through us (probably picked up at school/nursery) and knocked us about. One day our youngest just slept all day (she is 2 but normally has 1 nap). She also threw up once on holiday and again at home a few days later one night. She wasn't right for a couple of weeks. Me and the wife had it but no sickness although we both had bad stomachs and some flu like symptoms.

There is just so much in circulation right now which was to be expected and we were warned about. A tough winter ahead but it should equip us better for next year.