Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

16 hours ago, Rain King said:

Yeah a couple do who speak to the Mrs.

There is your mistake. 

I think a walk in evening is fine, I'd like to see the stats on people being reported, convicted and then fined. You'll be fine & stop worrying. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The Chinese are nuts

one woman at shanghai Disneyland is positive so they hold everyone there until midnight when all 34k have been tested 

If the woman has infected anyone at the park then they aren’t going to test positive within that day??

Great theme park though!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Line-X said:

Too right - just ignore it, I'm sure it will go away. And as for that climate change stuff. Much better to just get on enjoying your life and live the way you want to. Sod the rest. 

I am all for climate change the vaccine though is a completely different issue.

7 hours ago, Soup said:

I admire your stance on this to be honest. I don't worry about the virus either and I feel fine also. I do however worry about any restrictions that could be placed upon me in the future if I refuse the rolling vaccine program which looks set in motion. 

Do you not worry that all your leisure activities could be taken away from you? Holidays, football, eating and drinking out etc. Maybe even a mandate for working as well. I'd feel no guilt about not having a vaccine, even if I was looked upon as being selfish. But to lose my rights to have fun might be to much for me. Plus the missus would probably leave me and she'd take half my money and balls to that.

not really a worry for me to be honest I have travelled loads already and there are plenty of places in the UK to visit not quite the same and this might change if I had a missus but so far I have coped fine and I don't really go out drinking, eating etc and you can watch the football on TV so let them do what they want, I'm good.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

not really a worry for me to be honest I have travelled loads already and there are plenty of places in the UK to visit not quite the same and this might change if I had a missus but so far I have coped fine and I don't really go out drinking, eating etc and you can watch the football on TV so let them do what they want, I'm good.

Ok that's fair enough. I'm hoping it won't come to that but in reality it looks like it will so well have to see how it all pans out.

20 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I'm surprised there's been little to no chatter about Oz recently coming out of the longest lockdown & it's borders re-opened for the 1st time since March 2020 given it was championed on this thread to be the way the UK should have gone.

I hear if you mention what's going on over there they'll send an Aussie copper over to give you a good kicking

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

the more you read and think about the virus the worse you will be, i have just forgot it even existed now and i feel fine, i don't have the vaccine.

the more you worry about it the more damage it will do to you.

This thread had a message last week saying that an entire family had declined to have the vaccine. Then one of the children got infected, and they then infected the rest of the family. The father ended up in hospital on a ventilator. If that's not a cautionary tale, I don't know what is. And from a purely financial aspect, which costs the NHS more, a couple of doses of vaccine administered by a nurse or a patient in intensive care fighting to stay alive, having decided not to be vaccinated? Imo, people in that situation should be expected to contribute financially to their NHS hospital treatment.

• Haha 1

Driving out of Hertford this evening and there were ‘freedom protesters’ at the side of the road.  Banners objecting to jabbing kids and the denial of our freedoms.  

So I thought how many freedoms that we currently don’t have.  Are there that many things that I can’t do?  And then I thought that I bet these people aren’t jabbed.  And then I thought - what if none of us were jabbed?  And then I thought that if that were the case then we’d probably be locked down without many freedoms at all.  So if I followed the ideas of these freedom protesters, I wouldn’t have many freedoms at all ! 

wierd …….

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tommy G said:

There is your mistake. 

I think a walk in evening is fine, I'd like to see the stats on people being reported, convicted and then fined. You'll be fine & stop worrying. 

It's been one of the startling aspects of this whole fuss. How many people are governed by fear. 

Fear of catching it. And fear of being caught 'doing something wrong' - breaking quarantines, pcr test number fiddles, travelling to zone 2s, not wearing a masks, day 2 return tests, snooping neighbours etc etc. 

Whichever side of the 'argument' you are on, this culture of fear - like something out of the old east Germany- has been depressing to witness

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, String fellow said:

This thread had a message last week saying that an entire family had declined to have the vaccine. Then one of the children got infected, and they then infected the rest of the family. The father ended up in hospital on a ventilator. If that's not a cautionary tale, I don't know what is. And from a purely financial aspect, which costs the NHS more, a couple of doses of vaccine administered by a nurse or a patient in intensive care fighting to stay alive, having decided not to be vaccinated? Imo, people in that situation should be expected to contribute financially to their NHS hospital treatment.

The problem is that anyone who's against having the vaccine, for whatever reason, will just say that it's a made up story and still won't have the vaccine. It's one of those things that until they witness actual evidence, then it's not real and probably think that everyone who's had it is a mug.

41 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you work in healthcare in Leicestershire? You’d have a different view if you did 

No. I didn't realise you were talking about UHL. local cases will always vary greater than national cases.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Change the subject completely - all this talk about the environment, using less plastic etc…kind of gone out the window with all these lateral flows, wrappers swabs etc…covid not good for us or the environment. Just something I thought of while not sleeping last night. 

Agree. I find it disgusting. Literally billions of those fcking swab sticks, test tube things and squirty things 

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Change the subject completely - all this talk about the environment, using less plastic etc…kind of gone out the window with all these lateral flows, wrappers swabs etc…covid not good for us or the environment. Just something I thought of while not sleeping last night. 

And what about all those Covid-19 patients' cremations? Loads of natural gas used and CO2 emitted, and well as all that mercury going up the chimney from their fillings.