Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I presume as time goes on, they'll develop stronger vaccines and longer-lasting ones at that, therefore only requiring them yearly.

Just like the flu jab...

Actually I think that as time passes, almost everyone will catch it (even if they don’t realise they’ve caught it) and natural immunity combined with vaccine immunity will mean the virus becomes generally non threatening to the vast majority. Much like the flu. 
my concern is obviously those who are vulnerable and simply cannot be jabbed. We must find a way to protect them - will anti virals be used in these cases ??

3 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Colleague's partner died of it today. Awful, awful, awful

Sorry to hear that .

Some grim figures today.

230 deaths and 1,000 on ventilators sadly.

Hopefully this booster really does help and those not vaccinated fully yet are able to be if they want to .

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sorry to hear that .

Some grim figures today.

230 deaths and 1,000 on ventilators sadly.

Hopefully this booster really does help and those not vaccinated fully yet are able to be if they want to .

Yeah, it's proper bleak. I'd met them but didn't know them well, but I know their partner pretty well and whilst it would be awful for anybody, I know how devastating this is going to be for those left behind.

Given how many have died already, it still shocks

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

more on the bangladesh mask study - by el gato malo - bad cattitude (substack.com)

It appears that there are questions being raised over the Bangladesh case study you've highlighted here in your third link.

Here's an interesting one:

Mask mandates: bad and harmful – HART (hartgroup.org)

Two sides of the same coin and all that goes with that.  

Thank you for the response.

Problem with the other studies, too?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

more on the bangladesh mask study - by el gato malo - bad cattitude (substack.com)

It appears that there are questions being raised over the Bangladesh case study you've highlighted here in your third link.

Here's an interesting one:

Mask mandates: bad and harmful – HART (hartgroup.org)

Two sides of the same coin and all that goes with that.  

Hart group… 

https://www.logically.ai/articles/hart-files-anti-vaccine-myths-westminster

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 11-05-02 The HART Files Inside the Group Trying to Smuggle Anti-Vaccine Myths into Westminster.png

Edited by jgtuk
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Precisely this.

At what point do we go for a quadruple, quintuple, sextuple, septuple, octuple (...ad infinitum) of booster jabs?  

They haven't asked you to do it forever, they've currenty asked the most vulnerable to get the booster. Just like they do the flu, EVERY YEAR. 

What we will end up with, as they suggest is just like they Flu. The most vulnerable get the jab and others can get it when they want. But, how about we just let the experts make the decision as to when we're reaching that point. 

Are we barred from going on a foreign holiday for missing the quintuple booster for example?  

How many more times does it need saying that a negative test or proof of immunity can also be provided. Also, that's also up to the country you are visiting, you have no rights to go there.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

We know of three cases within our daughters class (Year 2) and the school haven’t even notified us. 

I feel like society as a whole, just wants to sweep this under the carpet. 

My youngest has Covid (shes 4). My eldest, my wife and I are all ok so far. We notified her school and within an hour they sent out an email notifying everyone in their class about a positive case. I think if the parents of those who have tested postive in your daughters class have notified the school and they haven't at least shared this to other parents, then that's shocking. They surely have an obligation to help protect the kids and help stop the spread.

Sadly there's an onus on the public to be honest.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

They haven't asked you to do it forever, they've currenty asked the most vulnerable to get the booster. Just like they do the flu, EVERY YEAR. 

What we will end up with, as they suggest is just like they Flu. The most vulnerable get the jab and others can get it when they want. But, how about we just let the experts make the decision as to when we're reaching that point.

I do like your optimization mate, I'll have a bottle of what you're swigging. 

Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the coin which is unusual as I'm pretty optimistic about most other things. When it comes to men in power and the money men behind them I go all Fox Mulder :D

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

My youngest has Covid (shes 4). My eldest, my wife and I are all ok so far. We notified her school and within an hour they sent out an email notifying everyone in their class about a positive case. I think if the parents of those who have tested postive in your daughters class have notified the school and they haven't at least shared this to other parents, then that's shocking. They surely have an obligation to help protect the kids and help stop the spread.

Sadly there's an onus on the public to be honest.

How’s your daughter coping with it? My youngest is 5 and he has it started with a bad headache Friday and then temp sat which has been up and down since. Bunged up and generally feels rubbish. Not got much appetite today by the sounds of it. Have the same thing that the rest of us are ok but my wife has been isolating with him me and the other kids have kept our distance from them. I doubt we will all avoid it though 

22 minutes ago, Md9 said:

How’s your daughter coping with it? My youngest is 5 and he has it started with a bad headache Friday and then temp sat which has been up and down since. Bunged up and generally feels rubbish. Not got much appetite today by the sounds of it. Have the same thing that the rest of us are ok but my wife has been isolating with him me and the other kids have kept our distance from them. I doubt we will all avoid it though 

Currently you wouldn't think she had been ill at all. She had a temperature Thursday night and was up and down until Monday evening. Since then it's been a struggle to get her to understand why she can't go school or see anyone. Seems to have developed a slight cough but fingers crossed that doesn't get worse.

We've been testing reguarly and both the wife and I are working from home. Effectively we are isolating although given the current "rules" we are technically fine to carry on as normal as we are double jabbed and negative.

We have had a few at work who have had it but their family didn't. Fingers crossed you are in the latter. Hope you and the family ride this out.

16 hours ago, Soup said:

It was but now it's 'do as we say' or **** off

Nothing will happen until a prominent Tory politician or one of their backers dies of Covid. Considering that most politicians are from the older generation, and quite a few well-known people have died from Covid they have been extremely lucky that nobody on the Tory benches has snuffed it.

... But of course, nothing will happen, because as Rees-Mogg says 'we are all friends'.

32 minutes ago, Rain King said:

My son was positive 14 days ago, I was positive 7 days ago.

My partner and youngest son are expecting it today!

I shall brace myself this weekend then.

I'd been run down for two weeks prior to my youngest getting it. I'd done 2 PCR tests and numerous lateral flows but all negative so put it down as a cold. Had none of the usual symptoms of Covid but felt really fatigued and a head cold (sinuses). Finally feeling better so I bloody hope I don't get covid next!

37 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Currently you wouldn't think she had been ill at all. She had a temperature Thursday night and was up and down until Monday evening. Since then it's been a struggle to get her to understand why she can't go school or see anyone. Seems to have developed a slight cough but fingers crossed that doesn't get worse.

We've been testing reguarly and both the wife and I are working from home. Effectively we are isolating although given the current "rules" we are technically fine to carry on as normal as we are double jabbed and negative.

We have had a few at work who have had it but their family didn't. Fingers crossed you are in the latter. Hope you and the family ride this out.

Thanks . Fingers crossed for you she will hopefully be over it soon then. We have been doing tests at home and have ordered a pcr one to do as well.  wife is isolating with him as her work said she needs to isolate but I still have to go work. She is now triple jabbed so hopefully is she gets it it’s not to bad 🙈

He is mainly bothered now about not being able to go and play with the other 2 but just have to ride it out think he gets it just boredom for him 

• Like 1

I’m on day 9 today.

Kicked almost all symptoms now. Smell and taste began to return yesterday but I’m getting the worst feeling with it. It began in the middle of the night. Sinus behind my nose is so tender and sore, but I’m getting a weird phantom smell. Hard to explain, but it’s kinda like somebody is frying onions with rubber and plastic without any oil, and then at the same time I’ve been sprayed up the nostril with neat chlorine. Really uncomfortable. Anybody else experienced this kind of thing?

Kids and wife didn’t get this and they’re all back to normal now. 

On 03/11/2021 at 14:00, st albans fox said:

How did mogg avoid the fall out from making that statement ??

How do they avoid fallout from everything else they do?

Tame press, apathetic electorate - take your pick.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I’m on day 9 today.

Kicked almost all symptoms now. Smell and taste began to return yesterday but I’m getting the worst feeling with it. It began in the middle of the night. Sinus behind my nose is so tender and sore, but I’m getting a weird phantom smell. Hard to explain, but it’s kinda like somebody is frying onions with rubber and plastic without any oil, and then at the same time I’ve been sprayed up the nostril with neat chlorine. Really uncomfortable. Anybody else experienced this kind of thing?

Kids and wife didn’t get this and they’re all back to normal now. 

This sounds like a case of phantosmia. Olfactory dysfunction of this type is likely to be temporary damage to the sinonasal epithelium, which should disappear within 30 days of onset. However, medical opinion seems somewhat divided as to the cause of long-term anosmia, parosmia and phantosmia, some believing it to be a neurological or even a psychological condition.

Edited by String fellow

1 hour ago, Soup said:

I do like your optimization mate, I'll have a bottle of what you're swigging. 

Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the coin which is unusual as I'm pretty optimistic about most other things. When it comes to men in power and the money men behind them I go all Fox Mulder :D

We are currently living the above scenario, so I'm not sure it's that wildly optimistic. 

15 minutes ago, String fellow said:

This sounds like a case of phantosmia. Olfactory dysfunction of this type is likely to be temporary damage to the sinonasal epithelium, which should disappear with 30 days of onset. However, medical opinion seems somewhat divided as to the cause of long-term amnosmia, parosmia and phantosmia, some believing it to be a neurological or even a psychological condition.

It’s an interesting one. My workmate hasn’t been able to smell for 13 months now. So I’m grateful to have taste and smell back, but this is so bizarre.

The weird smell is intermittent, but the stinging sensation at the back of my nose is constant.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1