Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

On 04/11/2021 at 07:38, st albans fox said:

So there was no correlation to him sitting on the front bench yesterday without a mask on whilst nearly all his cabinet colleagues wore one ??

If it was an attempt at humour then I simply don’t understand why he would try to use humour in that exchange unless he was just trying to avoid the question completely  ?? 

Because he knows that if he ignores and deflects, a significant enough number of people will love it and blindly rush in to defend him.  As we have seen.

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

There's a campaign for people to open their windows over christmass. Fvck that.

So not only does the Pfizer vaccine need storing in sub zero temperature's, you need to be freezing your tits off for it to work as well? Ha who knew 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

There's a campaign for people to open their windows over christmass. Fvck that.

I actually did this last year when it was particularly cold out of necessity due to the prep/sanding involved redecorating the hall and landing. I also stained the newly installed stair pillars, bannister and newel posts. I remained borderline hypothermic until the following May - and people are talking about the virtues of cold baths and showers on another thread. 

9 minutes ago, bovril said:

I always try to air my house as much as possible. Nothing worse than walking into someone's stuffy rooms and you can almost smell the circulating germs. 

Yes you're right. I'm always painting houses with mould growth. I try and tell people it's because they have no air circulation. Some of the bathroom ceilings I've done have thick black mould. Absolutely disgusting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I actually did this last year when it was particularly cold out of necessity due to the prep/sanding involved redecorating the hall and landing. I also stained the newly installed stair pillars, bannister and newel posts. I remained borderline hypothermic until the following May - and people are talking about the virtues of cold baths and showers on another thread. 

I was joking mate. Lighten up it's Friday :D

Actually I've got the wrong end of your point, sorry

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

You’ll probably have it mate. I didn’t test positive until 5 days after symptoms

I’d be very surprised if I don’t get it as we had the youngest sleeping with us as didn’t want to leave him on his own prob not the best idea now. See what the next few days bring 🙈

16 hours ago, Md9 said:

I’d be very surprised if I don’t get it as we had the youngest sleeping with us as didn’t want to leave him on his own prob not the best idea now. See what the next few days bring 🙈

In my opinion, you did the right thing. If you’re vaccinated, looking after the little ones like they aren’t lepers is good for them. It’s very tricky to avoid it when it’s in your house unless you have a hazmat suit 😂😂

My wife got it, then my 1 year old, then my 6 year old, then finally me. We got struck down on holiday, so there was no avoiding it for us unless we strapped my mrs to the roof rack for 4 hours on the return journey 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

In my opinion, you did the right thing. If you’re vaccinated, looking after the little ones like they aren’t lepers is good for them. It’s very tricky to avoid it when it’s in your house unless you have a hazmat suit 😂😂

My wife got it, then my 1 year old, then my 6 year old, then finally me. We got struck down on holiday, so there was no avoiding it for us unless we strapped my mrs to the roof rack for 4 hours on the return journey 😂😂😂

Worked for Chevy Chase with granny

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Might have been quieter for you if you had stuck her on the roof 😬😂 that is rubbish though getting it while on holiday. 

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2021 at 09:12, KrefelderFox666 said:

If only it was that simple. They are impacting others, frontline workers, the NHS as a whole. And eventually, if restrictions come back in, however light, it will be due to those unvaccinated. However, hopefully the UK has made enough progress to get enough vaccinated for that not to happen.

Look at Russia, a combination of low uptake and a much less effective vaccine is bringing the country down again. Australia, low uptake, lack of natural mixing and they are going to struggle (and we can all agree they have had a lot less freedom than we have). Just some examples.

The point about being able to spread it just as easily is false. It is true that double vaccinated can still spread it (and quite commonly do) but it is still less of a chance than those unvaccinated.

My view is that if unvaccinated those people should not be made to stay away from public events, but they should be tested and prove a negative result. If they are going to refuse the vaccine, then they have to jump through other hoops instead. It is their decision.

Israel are preparing for a possible fourth dose already!  What if by this time next year we are asked/made to have 6 or 7 jabs before attending certain events?

14 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Israel are preparing for a possible fourth dose already!  What if by this time next year we are asked/made to have 6 or 7 jabs before attending certain events?

It’s more than possible that anti virals will protect the majority of those who cannot have a vaccination 

hence whilst we may be advised to get jabs every 5-9 months, I doubt you’ll need proof to do anything over here but accessing other countries could be different 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

Wow, really?! I am wondering what will happen as we are booked to go to the USA in August next year. I am guessing by then the vaccine will have worn off, so current vaccine certificates wouldn't be valid. 

I got results back today and I've got it.  On top of a normal cold as well so I guess thats made it worse.

Really pissed off with where I work too.  Someone phoned in with a positive test last Monday, and it wasn't until Wednesday when we were all told (because there were two more positives that day)  so that's 3 down in a 24 man company.  They didn't deep clean but got us wearing masks and as of Sunday night there are now 6 down with a positive test (myself included)

• Sad 1

On 04/11/2021 at 03:13, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Of course JRM is an oddball but I've watched the clip several times and it was clearly a joke.

Plenty of sticks to beat the Govt with but not sure this really is one of them.

Too true.

Plus in this modern era, we are forgetting we are in UK, with our unique humour ( Sorry most,I ain't), but even our political opposites, or from different life styles,still have the Brit-wit..

And dare I say, many 2-6 generation

immigrants..

Guest Col city fan
7 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

I got results back today and I've got it.  On top of a normal cold as well so I guess thats made it worse.

Really pissed off with where I work too.  Someone phoned in with a positive test last Monday, and it wasn't until Wednesday when we were all told (because there were two more positives that day)  so that's 3 down in a 24 man company.  They didn't deep clean but got us wearing masks and as of Sunday night there are now 6 down with a positive test (myself included)

It spreads like wild-fire. If there was a 48hour window between the first positive pcr and you all being told, it’s very likely more of you will have it too.

11 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

We all know (or should know) that top-ups/boosters/yearly jabs, whatever you want to call them, are required going forward. In theory, as long as the vulnerable groups take those up regularly (just like the flu jab), then people can live a normal life and Covid impact is minimal. So as far as certification goes, it should not be a thing. However, right now we are still too early for those to be removed completely. Get over the winter and by next year we should be in a better position.

The more people get jabbed, the more people get infected, the more protection should go up too. Expect yearly Covid jabs to be as common as the flu jab though as it is here to stay and will always be deadly to certain people.

• Like 1

My youngests first day back at school today after Covid. Weirdly my eldest, my wife an I didn't contract it. Makes me wonder whether we had it previously without knowing. I did feel a bit run down in weeks prior to my daughters positive test, however I had none of the usual symptoms and my weekly lateral flows were negative.