Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

5 hours ago, Line-X said:

The point is that the momentum shifts. We saw the covid pandemic snare the 5G lunatics. We also saw the QAnon perpetrators who pushed the 'plandemic' suddenly u-turn upon the realisation that selling ivermectin was highly profitable. As the article correctly says, conspiracy theory uses fear and outrage via multiple vectors to further agenda, usually linked to personal freedom, agency, citizen versus state, and the perceived loss of traditional lifestyles. This is why it's so prevalent in the USA. 

As a lucrative industry, it has a product line - and usually, those that buy into one conspiracy theory, will naturally subscribe to another. The people that manufacture this know that they can harvest stupidity. 

What will they do with the huge surplus?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Conspiracy though this may sound, I remain convinced c19 is a man made virus that has ‘gotten out’ of a lab either intentionally or unintentionally.

It’s just like no other virus… it affects people differently, the symptoms differ across people, some get it, some don’t get it (when exposed to it)

When I had it, I just felt ‘weird’. I didn’t feel Ill particularly, just tired and strange for about 24 hours. I also had a sensation of something crawling on my forearms for about 6/7 hours, which then just vanished.

The vaccines have affected people totally differently too. Some have had zero symptoms, some people (as fit as a butchers dog) have been flattened by it

Viruses genuinely affect people in pretty much the same way. Eg if you get flu, you get flu.

But with Covid, the differences across people are just bizarre 

I think it was likely intended for germ warfare personally

That is utter nonsense,  though a not uncommon belief.  Flu is very similar to Covid in the variety of symptoms those infected may get and many don't get symtoms at all.  https://www.popsci.com/story/health/asymptomatic-vs-pre-symptomatic-influenza-transmission/

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Conspiracy though this may sound, I remain convinced c19 is a man made virus that has ‘gotten out’ of a lab either intentionally or unintentionally.

It’s just like no other virus… it affects people differently, the symptoms differ across people, some get it, some don’t get it (when exposed to it)

When I had it, I just felt ‘weird’. I didn’t feel Ill particularly, just tired and strange for about 24 hours. I also had a sensation of something crawling on my forearms for about 6/7 hours, which then just vanished.

The vaccines have affected people totally differently too. Some have had zero symptoms, some people (as fit as a butchers dog) have been flattened by it

Viruses genuinely affect people in pretty much the same way. Eg if you get flu, you get flu.

But with Covid, the differences across people are just bizarre 

I think it was likely intended for germ warfare personally

If you altered one word to say "it's just like every other virus" you would be a lot closer.

It's an interesting theory that if Mr Smith gets flu, then Mrs Smith and Master Smith and Miss Smith will all get it too with exactly the same symptoms.  But it's a very easy theory to disprove in practice.

On 29/10/2021 at 20:15, RobHawk said:

A girl in work with me, her and her family all decided not to get vaccinated. I'm not really sure the reason, I know there wasn't a good reason so assumed they'd either swallowed some anti-vax nonsense or just thought it wouldn't happen to them but I left it there as that's there choice, not mine. 

Husband caught it, brought it home and now they all have it. All except one of them are really I'll and the husband's now in hospital on a ventilator. 

Im finding it really weird being in a position of obviously hoping he pulls through and is ok but also feeling a bit like "well derrrr, what did you expect?"

My colleagues just had the call to go into hospital as he's bleeding from his lungs. She's always said the only way they go in to see him is if its to say goodbye. 

Really doesn't look good. He's only 43 and they are a lovely family. They've made a stupid and misguided decision to not have the vaccination and are now paying the ultimated price.

If anyone is reading this in that same unvaccinated boat, just get it done, seriously what's really going to happen, whereas covid unvaccinated could kill you or a loved one. Its really not worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

My colleagues just had the call to go into hospital as he's bleeding from his lungs. She's always said the only way they go in to see him is if its to say goodbye. 

Really doesn't look good. He's only 43 and they are a lovely family. They've made a stupid and misguided decision to not have the vaccination and are now paying the ultimated price.

If anyone is reading this in that same unvaccinated boat, just get it done, seriously what's really going to happen, whereas covid unvaccinated could kill you or a loved one. Its really not worth it. 

The vaccine nearly killed my brother in law. He’s now on blood thinning medication for life. 

I’ve had both vaccines so I’m not some sort of anti vaxxer. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

The vaccine nearly killed my brother in law. He’s now on blood thinning medication for life. 

Was that the Astra zeneca vaccine? That was the one that was reported to have blood clot related side effects, whereas the current booster jabs are Pfizer, where the bad side effects have been allergic reaction, or myocarditis. At least that's what I gathered from reading the yellow card stats, I couldn't see any clot related side effects for the Pfizer.

34 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

43 seems so young, Christ, I'm older than that :(

22 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

This is a really difficult one. 

People who've followed this thread know that I know people who have died from Covid, and also people who have died from the vaccine. My youngest two children have been vaccinated, but my eldest, who's 21, doesn't want it. It's become increasingly difficult to argue for it either way, but without checking I'd guess you are more likely to die from the disease itself rather than the vaccine. 

Obviously I sympathise with your brother in law and his circumstances, but equally there will be millions of people worldwide who suffer the effects of long covid, which can also be life changing. 

What a rubbish time we are all living in. 

18 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Was that the Astra zeneca vaccine? That was the one that was reported to have blood clot related side effects, whereas the current booster jabs are Pfizer, where the bad side effects have been allergic reaction, or myocarditis. At least that's what I gathered from reading the yellow card stats, I couldn't see any clot related side effects for the Pfizer.

I’m not sure what vaccine he had as they live out in Dubai.

35 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m not sure what vaccine he had as they live out in Dubai.

Ah, I suppose that means it could have been AZ, or even other vaccines like Johnson and Johnson then. Sorry to ask, I assumed it was in the UK where we had problems with AZ, and switched to Pfizer for younger people as a result. Regardless, very sorry to hear about your brother in law.

Anyway, my general point is there are several vaccines in circulation, and side effects vary, so if people are worried, to check out the yellow card data - I was reassured by the Pfizer numbers, as it seemed all the worst side effects were associated with other vaccines. Of course, people could have allergies to specific ingredients, so it's best to check these things out ahead of time and make an informed decision.

Edited by orangecity23

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

That's a load of rubbish. Every illness affects people differently based on their genetics and their general health (and age etc.). I rarely got ill, every now and then I would get the flu. I would be out for a day, take some tablets, sleep and suddenly feel better the next day. Some people are down for days, sometimes even weeks. Even "just" the flu.

So seeing the same effects for Covid is not that much of a surprise. The only difference is that Covid is much more lethal and has covered the news so it is something you spend time on. Imagine if this much effort was spent on reporting and analysing the flu every year. Maybe after years of exposure and vaccinations, the symptoms might generalise a bit and a pattern may develop as to who gets more seriously ill and who doesn't.

You don’t get ‘flu’ for one day then feel ok

If you’ve actually had flu then you’d know it knocks you out for days. Most people who get actual flu go through pretty much the same sets of symptoms. It sounds like you were getting headcolds or other viral conditions?
And proper ‘flu’ genuinely does this to most people. Of course, it can be just as lethal to those vulnerable to it, as Covid 19

This is my point I guess. The sheer variation between so many different people regarding how Covid affects us makes me think it’s not like a natural virus. The pattern to who contracts it, the symptoms they get, the severity of it is so varying from person to person. 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

43 seems so young, Christ, I'm older than that :(

This is a really difficult one. 

People who've followed this thread know that I know people who have died from Covid, and also people who have died from the vaccine. My youngest two children have been vaccinated, but my eldest, who's 21, doesn't want it. It's become increasingly difficult to argue for it either way, but without checking I'd guess you are more likely to die from the disease itself rather than the vaccine. 

Obviously I sympathise with your brother in law and his circumstances, but equally there will be millions of people worldwide who suffer the effects of long covid, which can also be life changing. 

What a rubbish time we are all living in. 

I mean I don’t know anyone directly who has died or even had a bad reaction to the vaccine. There was that awful case of the young mother from Leicester who died after the AZ vaccine but really if you want to take your chances against covid without a vaccine then I’d say you need to seriously reconsider. You WILL catch covid at some point unless you’re a complete recluse. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If you’ve actually had flu then you’d know it knocks you out for days. Most people who get actual flu go through pretty much the same sets of symptoms. It sounds like you were getting headcolds or other viral conditions?
And proper ‘flu’ genuinely does this to most people. Of course, it can be just as lethal to those vulnerable to it, as Covid 19

This is my point I guess. The sheer variation between so many different people regarding how Covid affects us makes me think it’s not like a natural virus. The pattern to who contracts it, the symptoms they get, the severity of it is so varying from person to person. 

Surely Col..

If you have a Virus that Breaks down the immune system, it seems obvious to me..different People will be effected differently

The imune System by every individual, will be attacked according to the different and various individuals weak points..

Only an example..but thyroid glands help ones metabloism...Regulate many Body functions...but some People suffer from over function, others under function..

cause or creating different problems..go different areas

Take any organ & though millions suffer problems with the same organ, they Don t have the same problems..

I have had kidney/lymph/lung cancer, Tumor gone ,But due to certain cells being Let loose, I have an incurable with a Short inevitability spread of Metastase...

The little beasties doing more Expeditions & settling, Leaving little bairns all over the place, travelling even more than their Bloody owner.:jump:,Bit

So I Dont see the Whys & therefores of different symptoms difficult to explain...

We make kids in all different fashion, Bit no Major New Karmasutra inspirations....The paths stay the same....and the brats  all come out different

Only Thing in common...they can be a Bloody nuisance...but any simularities disappear for ever over Football forums...

We are surrounded  by all types of Physical, & biological Big bangs...Covid has us somewhat stumbling  & spread-eagled...

Virologist have been up front......we  learn by each Step & phase, But....... we are still in the Dont know bracket

Guest Col city fan
55 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Surely Col..

If you have a Virus that Breaks down the immune system, it seems obvious to me..different People will be effected differently

The imune System by every individual, will be attacked according to the different and various individuals weak points..

Only an example..but thyroid glands help ones metabloism...Regulate many Body functions...but some People suffer from over function, others under function..

cause or creating different problems..go different areas

Take any organ & though millions suffer problems with the same organ, they Don t have the same problems..

I have had kidney/lymph/lung cancer, Tumor gone ,But due to certain cells being Let loose, I have an incurable with a Short inevitability spread of Metastase...

The little beasties doing more Expeditions & settling, Leaving little bairns all over the place, travelling even more than their Bloody owner.:jump:,Bit

So I Dont see the Whys & therefores of different symptoms difficult to explain...

We make kids in all different fashion, Bit no Major New Karmasutra inspirations....The paths stay the same....and the brats  all come out different

Only Thing in common...they can be a Bloody nuisance...but any simularities disappear for ever over Football forums...

We are surrounded  by all types of Physical, & biological Big bangs...Covid has us somewhat stumbling  & spread-eagled...

Virologist have been up front......we  learn by each Step & phase, But....... we are still in the Dont know bracket

I’m talking about symptomology mainly 

Mumps, measles, rubella, smallpox, novovirus, common cold, chickenpox, shingles, flu…the list goes on

These viral conditions generally demonstrate a very similar set of symptoms.

The extent to which the individual gets affected by these viruses of course, depends on many different factors such as immunology, physical fitness, co-morbidity etc..

But essentially, the viruses themselves follow a typical pattern in terms of symptomology

This is the thing that fascinates me about Covid 19. The fact that it can kill physically strong, young adults, yet might not have the same effect on an elderly person with different ailments? Sure, ON AVERAGE, more older people suffer with it than do younger people Just in terms of vaccines, I personally know of many younger people who have really impacted upon by the vaccines, whereas they’ve hardly seemed to touch many older people i know.

So in terms of the symptoms themselves, the progression of the disease, people’s reactions to vaccines and the such like, it seems quite random with C19

It doesn’t seem ‘natural’ for want of a better term. Whereas with measles, mumps, shingles etc you pretty much know what you are going to get.

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m talking about symptomology mainly 

Mumps, measles, rubella, smallpox, novovirus, common cold, chickenpox, shingles, flu…the list goes on

These viral conditions generally demonstrate a very similar set of symptoms.

The extent to which the individual gets affected by these viruses of course, depends on many different factors such as immunology, physical fitness, co-morbidity etc..

But essentially, the viruses themselves follow a typical pattern in terms of symptomology

This is the thing that fascinates me about Covid 19. The fact that it can kill physically strong, young adults, yet might not have the same effect on an elderly person with different ailments? Sure, ON AVERAGE, more older people suffer with it than do younger people Just in terms of vaccines, I personally know of many younger people who have really impacted upon by the vaccines, whereas they’ve hardly seemed to touch many older people i know.

So in terms of the symptoms themselves, the progression of the disease, people’s reactions to vaccines and the such like, it seems quite random with C19

It doesn’t seem ‘natural’ for want of a better term. Whereas with measles, mumps, shingles etc you pretty much know what you are going to get.

I suppose because we havent yet got an answer, and total Lack of trust is running wild, every Part of Covid for laymen like me & yourself  is rife for all thoughts & perceptions...Und question in " man made"  may Need to travel & Ride their course...

I also wouldnt yet Park the idea...because some other better informed laymen will nonsense it....

Also I Don t  Think its worth yet trying to work out the Hows & whys..because  the various dominators at present are too scraggy & obscure, that we poor

devils should out think ourselves...

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Lucky for them that they were vaccinated - otherwise ‘rather poorly’ may have been ‘on a ventilator’. 

no proof that this is the case but as col says, some people are flattened by this whilst others aren’t. 

I know someone who caught it a couple weeks after his second jab. He was that poorly that the hospital told him that had he not had the jabs it would have killed him. He’s young and healthy too, thankfully recovered now. 

You can have flu and not even know it, 1 in 3 cases are asymptotic. 

• Like 1

That's a complete myth.  Flu is a virus, and like with most viruses, if you get a large dose of it you feel worse than if you get a small dose of it.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Watch Chelsea and Legia Warsaw from home 😂

Hope you get a mild case mate

Seems to be the plan, sold my Chelsea ticket, also had tickets to Spurs Under 23s which I have given away, and given my Legia ticket away as well lol

No symptoms at all (only symptoms I had when I was positive in October 2020 were loss of smell and taste) so I have been pretty lucky that I haven't had anything bad

1 guy tested positive at work last week, he was in a meeting with all the managers, now about 4 or 5 of us have now tested positive

Edited by moore_94

7 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to be the plan, sold my Chelsea ticket, also had tickets to Spurs Under 23s which I have given away, and given my Legia ticket away as well lol

No symptoms at all (only symptoms I had when I was positive in October 2020 were loss of smell and taste) so I have been pretty lucky that I haven't had anything bad

1 guy tested positive at work last week, he was in a meeting with all the managers, now about 4 or 5 of us have now tested positive

Very lucky, pleased to hear you’re not too bad. I had loss of taste and smell for 5 days, headaches, and just generally a feeling of having a cold. The worst part was the pain in my sinuses and phantom smells when the senses were returning. I missed Brighton, Arsenal and Spartak - that was the worst part 😂

Edited by phoneticerror

On 15/11/2021 at 19:48, Paninistickers said:

On a side note, has anyone else not had it? I couldn't have tried harder to get it. 

I've got kids who've been surrounded by classmates riddled with it. Sleepovers, parties, sports clubs. They live with me at mine and their mums at hers.  Neither of us gives a shit about it. Ive been on planes, Holidays, bars, restaurants, supermarkets, work in a stuffy office with 100 people, sit on stuffy trains, attended trade events with 4000 people inside and shook the hands of 100+ punters. I've hit on birds, got drunk with strangers, go to football, had freinds to stay, had Airbnb punters to stay. Meanwhile, their Mum works at a hospital which is teeming with it. 

None of us have caught it. Andndont tell me asymptomatic....at leastnone of us would've showed signs.  Madness really.

Edit to clarify I'm not a conspiracy theorist etc. Nor was making a point, other than almost annoyance I can pick up a cold at a drop of a hat but cannot catch this it seems  

My brother ha done a lot what you’ve listed, been fine. Double jabbed. 

His other half starts a job at a school; within two weeks he’s caught it. Thankfully after a couple of days with flu/head cold symptoms, it’s just his taste and smell now. He’s already five days in. His other half hasn’t got it but she’s had her second jab relatively recently and he works with my dad who hasn’t either but he recently had the booster. 

Proves the effectiveness of vaccines IMO