Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to be the plan, sold my Chelsea ticket, also had tickets to Spurs Under 23s which I have given away, and given my Legia ticket away as well lol

No symptoms at all (only symptoms I had when I was positive in October 2020 were loss of smell and taste) so I have been pretty lucky that I haven't had anything bad

1 guy tested positive at work last week, he was in a meeting with all the managers, now about 4 or 5 of us have now tested positive

Wouldn't the 10 days be finished by then?

Mate who went Leeds with me tested positive on Sunday so informed me about it.

I started feeling crap on Sunday but I thought it was just overdoing it at the weekend.

Did a lateral test and it was negative.

Gradually started to get worse including hot flushes and shaking at night, booked in fir a PCR yesterday which came back positive.

Reckon it was from Leeds away.(2 out of the 3 of us have now tested positive)

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Hope all those that have had it are recovering okay.

Have largely avoided events for two weeks as off on hols tomorrow, nervously awaiting our pcr results. No symptoms but know the event I was at 2 weeks ago a few now have it as well going to the Moscow game after. And avoided Leeds away. Aside from the odd dinner out and some trips to the gym it's been nothing.

It's so prevalent despite all the vaccines. Doing my nut in.

Austria or any other country's demos...freedom/rights...

Just a thought or twist on the unvaccinated talking about their/our freedom...discrimination against..!!

# Arent they the ones acting like Dictators

# Has a vaccinated ..isnt it that also their right to say I Dont want to be forced to Mix or work with any unvaccinated...

# We are in a pandemic, vaccination gives us Not immunity, But allows the chance of playing the percentages for most...

i) Not to have to go  into Hospital, or if so A better chance to avoid  an ICU..

ii) Not the vaccinated wont get Covid, But again , %tal, will help & protect most

iii) help Not to clog up Hospital beds,special units, rescources...

iv) allow Medical staff to get on with those " normal" Medical cases..

V) Not put Medical staff under necessary danger,because Lack of Clothing or rescource protection.

vi) Not Force Medical staff and outside services, to Double shift, Work without breaks, or Days off,or more Leaving the proffesssion..!!

Where is the vaccinated right, to hope that the Society can get back to some "normality",

I have Medical staff Friends around mainland Europe & UK...Only One fact is important...more People vor the last 6 weeks are going to Hospital because

of Covid, Not flu ( they can Now from Experience tell the difference After a very Short time)..ICUs are again getting near high levels...

Now that Tells me, there is no conspiracy, Bit something is wrong...whether The present vaccination Programmes are right or the answer...

Virologist, true experts have been up front, "they Dont know".....but it & wearing Masks will help, But no the denyist want the Perfect answer....Well tough shit there isnt one....

Everybody will most like get covid over the Coming years, some Lighter than others,

some will have after-effects, with/without vaccination...

Present Non-Political gathered  knowledge, most or the high percentage...." Have a better chance to survive through the virus"

& in lifes survival-spectrum....thats the only Thing that counts...So fvck, the right to... 'comfort-blanket' Democratic rights...

a Virus... has no Political or life angle of what is right...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Austria or any other country's demos...freedom/rights...

Just a thought or twist on the unvaccinated talking about their/our freedom...discrimination against..!!

# Arent they the ones acting like Dictators

# Has a vaccinated ..isnt it that also their right to say I Dont want to be forced to Mix or work with any unvaccinated...

Then don't leave the house and get a job working from home lol

This opinion is only forcing more and more people onto the other side, I know a few people who have had 2 jabs and are now resisiting the booster (including myself).

I can't see an end to it sadly and do feel like we're gonna have a massive divide in the country once again, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, just like remain vs. leave, all whilst the corrupt politicians coin it in and use their positions for their own gain, as usual.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This opinion is only forcing more and more people onto the other side, I know a few people who have had 2 jabs and are now resisiting the booster (including myself).

I can't see an end to it sadly and do feel like we're gonna have a massive divide in the country once again, vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, just like remain vs. leave, all whilst the corrupt politicians coin it in and use their positions for their own gain, as usual.

But that attitude will unfortunately not help anyone at this stage. I can't remember when I last had a jab (before Covid). Probably some childhood ones. And even though I am confident Covid would not hit me hard (although there is no proof of course), I still had the jabs and will continue to do so to ensure we can all have some sort of freedom back, collectively.

The more people remain vulnerable by not getting vaccinated, or not topping up (possibly yearly like the flu), the more chance of losing our freedoms such as going to the football or to pubs/restaurants.

So when restrictions are put in for the unvaccinated, I actually have no sympathy. If I decided not to get vaccinated, then I would have to live with some consequences. People have reasons not to get vaccinated and that is their choice, but they have to be able to live with consequences of their actions.

Having said that, I would hope that 1 or 2 years down the line that enough people have core protection through infection and/or vaccinations to not have to enforce unvaccinated to have different rules to vaccinated.

21 minutes ago, Soup said:

I hear Gibraltar is heading in to more restrictions, Christmas could be cancelled apparently and they had a 100% vaccine take up. Those bloody anti vaxxers letting the side down

139% Just been reading this, and considering Gibralter has a 33,500 population it's a bit odd how 40000 people have had a second jab.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/gibraltar-cancels-official-christmas-celebrations-covid-coronavirus-163444274.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAQwpXrr_oNhLJo9z-cw8hTTZtPpSvvb-gMqLCixLzSqpAPPC33sYt6YgSr4dYqYXBrDHspGemOZ3uHqyCyQx0USZZniFX3XFp0zIGCcZYqpmEoxactF9-6zYSiNNh-yPR51Z9dcPCoNME6Wq5VguD-aKFK3rJAz4JiqkgCskzw6

Edited by yorkie1999

So, i've just had a booster jab and now i've got a splitting headache, something i'm not accustomed to unless it's self inflicted, might do it in reverse and just drink it off later, anyway i thought i'd look it up and came across this

Headache is within the most frequent adverse effects following coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) immunization. It is reported by approximately half of the vaccine recipients, both in clinical trials and real-world data [1, 2]. Headache typically presents within the first 72 h post-vaccination and may be associated with additional symptoms, such as fatigue, fever, myalgia, arthralgia, or explosive diarrhea.

Out of interest, what exactly is explosive diarrhea?

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

So, i've just had a booster jab and now i've got a splitting headache, something i'm not accustomed to unless it's self inflicted, might do it in reverse and just drink it off later, anyway i thought i'd look it up and came across this

Headache is within the most frequent adverse effects following coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) immunization. It is reported by approximately half of the vaccine recipients, both in clinical trials and real-world data [1, 2]. Headache typically presents within the first 72 h post-vaccination and may be associated with additional symptoms, such as fatigue, fever, myalgia, arthralgia, or explosive diarrhea.

Out of interest, what exactly is explosive diarrhea?

No idea. However one would imagine Islamic extremists may well be interested

50 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Apparently that's down to the amount of Spanish that work there everyday, or something along those lines

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I am just Throwing other thoughts into the ring...

Instead of just hearing & seeing   Why other People are Shouting about their Freedom & their rights....Consequences other People have to carry...or not.??

What about if the vaccinated started to Demonstrate about their rights....

This Road has 2 way traffic....also with other by-ways..!!

This subject IMO...has nothing to so with the Major problem....

all whilst the corrupt politicians coin it in and use their positions for their own gain, as usual.

wewe have a virus that We has humans have Not arrested or contained.....Most of this selfish,egoistisc species still havent got it into their

thick heads...!!!  Conspiracies & Politicians are just noise...

Edited by fuchsntf

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Then don't leave the house and get a job working from home lol,

So you are forcing others to follow your ideology und approach...

If we have flu or other Carrying  illness we Stay Away from friends/Family or work....Silly argument..!!

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No we don't as many people have always continued to come into work full of sniffs and with a runny nose (rightly or wrongly). Also, someone not having a vaccine doesn't mean they have the virus, we all know double vaccinated people still carry it, so why does it matter?

Hilarious now seeing the same people on my social media who said 'It's only 1/2 jabs, just get them done for the greater good' now turning and saying 'It's only 1 or 2 jabs a year, just get them done'. Sadly unless people stand up now this will be the norm, they won't be saying in 12 months time oh don't worry about the jab this time, it'll be get the jab or stay in your house, face losing your job etc. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

These countries with the vaccine passports have fared no better than us have they? I'm happy with a two tiered society, I'll happily choose to sit with unvaccinated people, I couldn't give a toss as I've had both jabs. What's wrong is forcing these people outside of soceity purely because they won't or can't have the jabs.

We've been bombarded with a psychological warfare campaign from our own Government and most of the media outlets for the past 18 months though, it's no wonder people are scared of their own shadow and have a us vs. them mindset. Throughout all of this the rich have got richer, the corruption has been absolutely rife and infront of our own eyes, yet 90% of people aren't even bothered, they are more worried about weather someone sat on the other side of a cinema has been vaccinated.

God I sound like @Buce :o #LeftWingForLife

Anyway I haven't been in this thread for a long time for a good reason, I am now reminded whylol Have a good evening all and hopefully it's 3 points at Chelsea on Saturday!

I did say flu or other illnesses,  not just runny noses..

I agree with how Media & politicians have ran their show...But they are Not our concience, we cant always Run to the Shelter of blame...

We have to do our own homework...and not sit on the Lazy fence & expect others Spell it all out for us...

We all Love Bill n Ben The flowerpot men,but they aint telling me how to do my garden...

The abuse of Power in a pandemic is another 2nd issue, not the Biological One ,But I Doubt joe  public will throw the corrupt leading Government out...

I Hope Nobody had their jabs simply because the Government said so..& could define between Media Outlet-experts & the relevant highly qualified

Medical Organisations & institutions..experts...

On 16/11/2021 at 18:06, Col city fan said:

You don’t get ‘flu’ for one day then feel ok

If you’ve actually had flu then you’d know it knocks you out for days. Most people who get actual flu go through pretty much the same sets of symptoms. It sounds like you were getting headcolds or other viral conditions?
And proper ‘flu’ genuinely does this to most people. Of course, it can be just as lethal to those vulnerable to it, as Covid 19

This is my point I guess. The sheer variation between so many different people regarding how Covid affects us makes me think it’s not like a natural virus. The pattern to who contracts it, the symptoms they get, the severity of it is so varying from person to person. 

I always classed having flu as having a substantial amount of money left on the kitchen table.If you had a cold you would get out of bed and get it.If you had flu you simply couldn’t,as you would be too ill.I’ve only ever felt that bad once or twice in my life.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

There's a few anti vaxxers / covid conspiracy theorists on my LinkedIn feed. I haven't put them on ignore as the entertainment I get from the utter drivel they come out with is top notch. 

Going through the decade for Clothes sizes, I went up those X-scales.....Xs, XL, XL,XXL..XXXXL...

Now I have to worry about....vaXXers

Edited by fuchsntf

48 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No we don't as many people have always continued to come into work full of sniffs and with a runny nose (rightly or wrongly). Also, someone not having a vaccine doesn't mean they have the virus, we all know double vaccinated people still carry it, so why does it matter?

Hilarious now seeing the same people on my social media who said 'It's only 1/2 jabs, just get them done for the greater good' now turning and saying 'It's only 1 or 2 jabs a year, just get them done'. Sadly unless people stand up now this will be the norm, they won't be saying in 12 months time oh don't worry about the jab this time, it'll be get the jab or stay in your house, face losing your job etc. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

These countries with the vaccine passports have fared no better than us have they? I'm happy with a two tiered society, I'll happily choose to sit with unvaccinated people, I couldn't give a toss as I've had both jabs. What's wrong is forcing these people outside of soceity purely because they won't or can't have the jabs.

We've been bombarded with a psychological warfare campaign from our own Government and most of the media outlets for the past 18 months though, it's no wonder people are scared of their own shadow and have a us vs. them mindset. Throughout all of this the rich have got richer, the corruption has been absolutely rife and infront of our own eyes, yet 90% of people aren't even bothered, they are more worried about weather someone sat on the other side of a cinema has been vaccinated.

Anyway I haven't been in this thread for a long time for a good reason, I am now reminded whylol Have a good evening all and hopefully it's 3 points at Chelsea on Saturday!

Sorry - not meaning to be confrontational, but much of this is absolute crap. It's the same thing over and over again about supposed scare tactics from the same people who actually seem to be consistently preoccupied by convincing themselves and each other that they themselves are not scared. There's a common theme on this thread which boils down to one thing, denial and stoking that, the underlying fear of further restrictions.

Regarding supposed "psychological warfare" - the actual war is being waged against a very nasty and unpleasant viral pandemic which is still claiming lives worldwide. Do I fear Covid-19? - genuinely, no, not in terms of my own well being - but I'm shit scared of unwittingly infecting others and not simply loved ones or the possibility of my 88 year old parents ending up on a ventilator. I'm also very conscious of the pressure on frontline NHS staff - frankly, I couldn't give two shits if you can't go clubbing, go to a gig, have a pint at the local, watch a football match or go on holiday. 

Regarding corruption, relatively speaking, the pandemic has barely been in the news of late. The media has been all over Tory sleaze and has been relentlessly hammering both the Prime Minister and his party. It's hilarious. Watching him squirm today in PM question time was the most entertaining thing I've seen on TV since Daka's four goal demolition of Spartak. 

Anyway, have a good evening, and yeah, hopefully it's three points against Chelsea on Saturday. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You seem to be railing against the Government/scientists rather than the virus. We're all in the same team, aren't we, fighting covid? And if that means getting regular jabs then it's really not that inconvenient. Don't lose sight of the real enemy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1