Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Maybe finding it a bit stressful or maybe didn’t like my company he didn’t explain any further, that’s how I remember it was a long while ago. 

I feel he was much maligned unfairly on here in my opinion. People make judgements on little information. 

to be fair he didn’t help himself with how arrogantly he posted..

( people can be very different in real life to how they come across in their posts).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

MattP helped me a lot during my pro Corbyn years to kinda view politics from the other perspective even if I didn’t agree. He may have been a massive Tory but he was a Tory for the right reasons. 

I remember him as a bit of a WUM and a real 'liberal elite' bashing Brexiteer. But I know some people know him outside of the forum and he sounds a nice enough guy. I wish him well wherever he is.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

MattP helped me a lot during my pro Corbyn years to kinda view politics from the other perspective even if I didn’t agree. He may have been a massive Tory but he was a Tory for the right reasons. 

Most of us are.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, davieG said:

Maybe finding it a bit stressful or maybe didn’t like my company he didn’t explain any further, that’s how I remember it was a long while ago. 

I feel he was much maligned unfairly on here in my opinion. People make judgements on little information. 

I feel he wasn't.

The man was an out & out homophobe. If your going to wave your bigotry about on a forum you're going to get kick back from members of that community and people who love their gay relations and friends.

I grant you, he probably wasn't a racist, just a silly man stuck to using racist words and statements.

That said, he did court controversy and initiated pointless attacks like the Swan Vestas - which, to this day, still makes absolutely no sense.

"Beautiful creatures, apes."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I feel he wasn't.

The man was an out & out homophobe. If your going to wave your bigotry about on a forum you're going to get kick back from members of that community and people who love their gay relations and friends.

I grant you, he probably wasn't a racist, just a silly man stuck to using racist words and statements.

That said, he did court controversy and initiated pointless attacks like the Swan Vestas - which, to this day, still makes absolutely no sense.

1) You dirty bugger!

2) I thought that was Thracian?

3) I really lost the flow of this thread.

4) Nothing to see here.

Edited by Jon the Hat

26 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Would love to find that thread of that time when our good friend, The Mayor of Leicester’s pants fell down in front of those school kids.

Carry On Mayor - Leicester leader's trousers fall down | UK news | The Guardian :)

Funny as this was, Colin is a City fan, no doubt worked bloody hard to improve the lives of many in the City of Leicester as a councilor and has my respect for that.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I feel he wasn't.

He wasnt a homophobic or racist, i met him and davieg on match days back in the day.  He was old school relic trying to come to terms with change.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

He wasnt a homophobic or racist, i met him and davieg on match days back in the day.  He was old school relic trying to come to terms with change.

Possibly with an Alan Sheehan fetish.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I met him in the S&R many times; if he wasn't homophobic then he did an excellent impression.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, MPH said:

to be fair he didn’t help himself with how arrogantly he posted..

( people can be very different in real life to how they come across in their posts).

In my case, I hope I am the same in both. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

I met him in the S&R many times; if he wasn't homophobic then he did an excellent impression.

I met him in the Swan on a day when you were going to come but sadly couldn't make it. Councillor Col was there as well and we really could've done with you to balance things out a bit

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I met him in the Swan on a day when you were going to come but sadly couldn't make it. Councillor Col was there as well and we really could've done with you to balance things out a bit

What happened?

57 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Trouser dropping competition?

@Daggers would have probably whipped his off and swung them around his head and still claimed it was an accident!