Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

17 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Much prefer to keep Kelechi and spend the money on a RW

Something tells me that Brendan doesn’t really rate Kelechi, with him keep taking him off and strangely slating him for the Bournemouth game when he played well I can see him moving on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Something tells me that Brendan doesn’t really rate Kelechi, with him keep taking him off and strangely slating him for the Bournemouth game when he played well I can see him moving on.

Whilst that's true, it's important to remember that Kelechi has had this renaissance of his under Rodgers, so clearly something is working there. I hope Brendan gets over it because it's clear Iheanacho has something about him.

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Firstly, he did not have a good game against Bournemouth, even for our goal he nearly tripped himself up. He was having a stinker and couldn't trap a bag of cement that day 

Secondly, Brendan has always put him in for the bigger games, if he didn't rate him I doubt he'd put that much trust in him

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dayday said:

Played well 😆 

The dream is to have 3 class strikers, especially if we go 352 more often. I'd hate to see Kelechi leave, his conversion rate is excellent and we do need to accept that Vardy won't be around forever.

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Firstly, he did not have a good game against Bournemouth, even for our goal he nearly tripped himself up. He was having a stinker and couldn't trap a bag of cement that day 

Secondly, Brendan has always put him in for the bigger games, if he didn't rate him I doubt he'd put that much trust in him

He wasn’t having a stinker at all the general feeling with the supporters was Brendan cost us the game when he was substituted,  Ake goes off injured, we take our striker off.

Time will tell if Rodgers rates him, but I don’t think he does, he keeps saying that Vardy needs help, yet Kelechi is used sparingly.

Im happy to be proved wrong 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Would take him over Nacho all day long. If Nacho leaves and the net spend is circa £10m, it’s a no brainer for me.

Controversial but I agree.

If we could get Edouard in for £30m and sell Iheanacho for £20m then that's probably good business. 

Iheanacho to Villa would be my guess. He's got good stats this season and has impressed against Villa which probably sticks in Dean Smith's mind. 

• Like 2

Don't know enough to comment on this guy. He's a decent record but in a bang average league. What is the case is we simply can't go into next season with so few attacking options. Any serious injury to Vardy and we are completely stuffed.

It is where the money needs to be spent as strikers of quality won't come cheap.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

Controversial but I agree.

If we could get Edouard in for £30m and sell Iheanacho for £20m then that's probably good business. 

Iheanacho to Villa would be my guess. He's got good stats this season and has impressed against Villa which probably sticks in Dean Smith's mind. 

If we do sell Iheanacho then we better get the money back that we paid and then some. He's proven to me that he has quality and goals. He may not fit into our style of play but that doesn't mean he won't fit into anyone else's(ditto Gray). Goals = money. We better get paid.

2 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

To me it’s clear that Kelechi is nowhere near fit enough to complete 90mins (pressing as BR would want). He’s a great impact sub but with a style of play that is dependant on work rate he’s not going to fit in 

I think you're right here, I've thought the same about Kelechi's fitness. I also get the impression that Brendan likes him but is frustrated by how many chances he misses, I love Nacho but bloody hell he misses a lot of chances. I think his strength lies in his hold up play, that has improved under BR im my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Well there you go. If this is true, what do we reckon we will get for him?

£18 million and then add ons?

I notice Edouards value has suddenly risen from circa 30 to 40 million!

Edited by Nick

10 minutes ago, Nick said:

Nacho needs a move and to be playing every week. Oddly enough, a move to Celtic would probably suit him down to the ground but he may be on too bigger wages for them?

He will be but we would have to take that hit on the fee to cover the difference over the remainder of his contract 

17 minutes ago, Nick said:

Well there you go. If this is true, what do we reckon we will get for him?

£18 million and then add ons?

I notice Edouards value has suddenly risen from circa 30 to 40 million!

Hasn't he just signed a new contract? That could account for the extra £10m.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Can see us having 3 strikers in our squad next year....

Perez and Vardy will be 2 so could see kelechi going. Barnes could also play up there if need be.

17 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Hasn't he just signed a new contract? That could account for the extra £10m.

Some Scottish Football expert on Talkshite claimed it was unlikely Celtic will do business with Rogers/Leicester.  There are probably better/much cheaper  options to be had around European Leagues that have higher UEFA co-efficient Rankings than the SPL.  Surely our scouting team look outside of old BR boys?? Hopefully.....

The concern I have for a striker from Celtic or Rangers for that matter is that they play in an environment where there is no real pressure. Neither club expects any progress in Europe and generally scoring goals for a decent professional footballer is easy given the difference in resources with comparison to the rest of the league. 

Goalscoring under pressure in the big league is a test. We need to be sure, if he is in fact a target, he has the mentality to play under the pressure at this club, in this league. It’s a big step up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. There is more pressure playing for the old firm than any team one the EPL, without a shadow of a doubt. 

At Rangers and Celtic, they are expected to win every single week. They are compared to past teams when they were european giants and are held to that standard and every single move their players make are not only on the back pages of the papers every day but often the front aswell. 

Unless you have experienced the culture up here with regards to the old firm then you can't u understand it but the intensity of scrutiny that these guys are under up here is utterly absurd and I doubt there are very many similar environments in world football. 

Are you new to FT? :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I'm struggling to think of SPL players transfered to PL clubs that have been successful in recent seasons. Obviously Van Dijk but others?  Tierney (although I think the jury is still out)? So talk of signing an SPL player for £30m is reckless (which I think would be a record?). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Sorry mate but this is nonsense. There is more pressure playing for the old firm than any team one the EPL, without a shadow of a doubt. 

At Rangers and Celtic, they are expected to win every single week. They are compared to past teams when they were european giants and are held to that standard and every single move their players make are not only on the back pages of the papers every day but often the front aswell. 

Unless you have experienced the culture up here with regards to the old firm then you can't u understand it but the intensity of scrutiny that these guys are under up here is utterly absurd and I doubt there are very many similar environments in world football. 

The quality of the opposition means that where a half decent player is going through a bad spell, it’s easier to come out of that spell then say a player in the premier league. That eases pressure. Take Kelechi here, good player but when he hit that run last year, there was no easier opposition in the prem for him to get a bit of a free hit. 

Facing the scrutiny of the old firm, the rivalry etc. doesn’t come into it. There have been many superstars in Scotland who have failed in England because the opposition is a step up. What I’m saying is £40 million for a striker, I would expect 20 goals. Does he have the mental strength to come through a bad patch of form (I’m not saying he does or doesn’t), we need to be sure of that. I would expect the same level of scrutiny of a player coming from Portugal for example - we’ve had our fingers burnt twice from acquiring players for considerable sums from that league.