Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Form since Christmas - poor

We’ve been found out. Simple as that. Losing Ricardo has weakened the team massively. We need to keep the ball to floor and play at a quicker tempo. We also need a new striker as I’m worried Vardy just seems to have lost it (I hope I’m wrong)

Edited by car1os

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

This happens with every manager after a purple patch. We are just cursed. If Rodgers ever leaves, the next manager will experience the same thing. 

I'm not sure that's true.  If you win 9 in a row and then only win a what 3 or 4 in over half a season of fooball , that poor management not a run of bad luck.  We've gotten exactly what we deserved in all these poor draws and defeats.  Rodgers seemingly doesn't know how to turn round a slump. See Liverpool .  Celtic doesn't count because even a rubbish out of form team in Scotland can canter to the title. 

• Like 4

we've been crap for a while though tbh, we've had the odd game here and there where weve done well(performance and win wise) but whats more concerning is the performances and it almost looks like the effort isnt there either

Pigeons fighting over bread put in more effort 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iamafox said:

We look like a team fighting off relegation rather than pushing for a CL spot. Only positive is that we won't go down but even that's not saying much.

I genuinely worry for us next season. If we dont make champs league and lose one or two players and fail to bring in decent replacements we could really struggle. Our starting 11 is decent. Our bench and beyond is championship level. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I think it's 17 points from the last 15 league games unless I'm mistaken.  It's probably not quite bottom 3 but it's without a doubt bottom 6 form.

Yes, definitely champions form for the first half of the season and relegation form for part two to date - or as near as dammit!

It’s Puel ball all over again and that’s the most worrying thing.

The style of play Rodgers is producing right now, is exactly what Puel produced. It’s slow, it’s boring to watch, Vardy is left isolated, wingers especially don’t offer enough and we can’t break teams down.

Is it a simple solution where a couple of new wingers will make all the difference?

Is it much more than that?

The passing build up style of play has never suited us, it ended up not working under Puel and right now it’s not working under Rodgers :mellow:

• Like 1

What’s happened to the team? Have heads been turned (Maddison, Chilwell)? Are they happy to be earning a wedge and switched off (Tielemans)? Are they past their prime or struggling with fitness (dare I say Vardy)? Or are they p!ssed off at the muppets on the pitch and feel they should be playing instead (Praet)?

Probably a combination of all if these things. I think they’re missing our fans too (and Vardy is no doubt missing opposition fans!).  This is where Rodgers needs to stand up and earn his money.  We’re in free fall and we need to turn this around ASAP

Edited by car1os

To be fair we’ve probably been punching above our weight anyway. If we are talking about a squad rebuild then who should be sold? For me N’Didi and Ricardo are the players I’d be gutted to lose, Kasper and Vardy I dares say will be here until they retire (hopefully). Are the rest expendable? It’s terrible form for sure but the overall form table has us third, even 7th isn’t the end of the world. I’m confident we will come good as shown against Villa. 

1 hour ago, lgfualol said:

This happens with every manager after a purple patch. We are just cursed. If Rodgers ever leaves, the next manager will experience the same thing. 

Yep. They got fed up of Ranieri after a while and stopped playing, went on about how great Shakey was then performed so abjectly he was sacked, didn't like Puel and he was sacked, good seven months under Rodgers and now they look too comfortable/ bored under him as well.

Maybe we should make the players pay the compensation pay-offs in future? Then we might have someone who lasts longer than 16 months before the form becomes appalling.