Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Form since Christmas - poor

*** Conspiracy theory alert***
Players have got the hump with Rodgers as he wasn’t allowed to talk to Arsenal in December, like Ranieri & Puel before him they have not given him 100%, if true sell the lot of them... 

Only a post I saw earlier... :unsure:

• Haha 1

I was a massive critic of Puel.

I now actually think we're playing worse than under him. Certainly no better, and Rodgers isn't getting anywhere near as much stick and he should do. I think Vardy is playing worse now than Puel, and his results in his last three months cannot be worse than this? I'd like to see some stats on that.

Even the wins we have had since Boxing Day in the league have been somewhat fortunate. We won two games against an absolute dire West Ham side and beat Newcastle away when they had no end of injury problems in the game. 

Even the Villa home game, if it wasn't for Reina being a prat and giving Barnes a empty goal, would we have broken them down? Couldn't do it in the EFL cup. 

The games Vs Norwich, Brighton, Wolves, Watford and after first 30 Mon today have all been like a repeat of each other and the way we go forward with such a  toothless attack. All of those have been boring with the opposition having an easy time Vs us in and around their box.

I'd like to see a different setup now, maybe wing backs or Perez more central with Vardy.

The run of form has gone on long enough now to be more than just a dip, it's now a concern potentially going into next season. We may still get over the line and finish 4th but it's an important summer if we want to take the side to the next level. With it being a shortened window I don't expect too much business. I'd be surprised if we get a better chance to finish top 4. 

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

The Norwich game halted the momentum and we've never been the same since.

Just hoping we have enough to grind it out and get the job done now. Not sure we'd be up for the top 4 chase again next season if we miss out this time. Would be so demoralising

If we miss out on top 4 this season , trust me we will not even be close to the top 4 next season. In fact Id be happy to stay in the top 10 if that was the case.

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

This happens with every manager after a purple patch. We are just cursed. If Rodgers ever leaves, the next manager will experience the same thing. 

Maybe Brendan's biggest fault is loyalty to the old guard. Maybe instead of giving Fuchs and Morgan another year to sit around he should be sweeping the decks. This lot down tools when they have had enough. Maybe Vards included. 

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Yep. They got fed up of Ranieri after a while and stopped playing, went on about how great Shakey was then performed so abjectly he was sacked, didn't like Puel and he was sacked, good seven months under Rodgers and now they look too comfortable/ bored under him as well.

Maybe we should make the players pay the compensation pay-offs in future? Then we might have someone who lasts longer than 16 months before the form becomes appalling.

What a load of rubbish. The players have nothing to do with the bizarre team selections or the even later and even more bizarre subs.

4 hours ago, Poznan34 said:

Liverpool took our soul on Boxing Day

This. We were flying. And defeats to both them and Man City just ****ed us big time. All the confidence has gone, and we’ve caved in. There’s absolutely no chance we will finish in the top four, because form like ours doesn’t just turn around, a few loses you can take as bad form, but like the OP shows, it’s gone beyond bad form, we’re completely out of form, and a losing streak/winless streak has stuck, it will take a monumental effort to turn it around, and it will take more than this squad has in it to do so. 

The bigger issue is that then the likes of Cags, Chilly and Madders could go now in the summer.

Edited by Pliskin

If we now don't make Top 4 please don't say it is still been a great season. Losing semi final League Cup. Losing FA Cup Quarterfinal then pis* away a 12 point clear lead over Chelski.  I would say there is nothing to celebrate about that. I sadly feel BR doesn't know how to stop the rot in the way we are playing. Team looks defunct of ideas, energy and most troubling, is passion. Has anyone heard how BR is around the team when things are not going too well?  I wonder if he doesn't know how to stick a rocket up their ars*s. I tend to think he is the arm around the shoulder type. Maybe wants to be their mate instead of their manager.  Really don't know anymore. Tired of all the excuses from people.

• Like 3

That Liverpool home result destroyed us mentally. We were flying and even though we'd lost at Man City the week before, I think we went into that game fully confident that we could compete with them. What happened is probably the best performance I've seen from an opponent here ever but it drained all belief out of that players.

Then a couple weeks later we lose in the league Cup semi finals in the last minute which knocked further confidence. 

I think the players have lost belief in their own ability and are nervous to take risks as we were before due to the fear that we will get taken apart like that Liverpool game. We've played too safe for too long, I'd just like to see us go back to what we were doing earlier in the season and having a go at teams.

26 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

If we now don't make Top 4 please don't say it is still been a great season. Losing semi final League Cup. Losing FA Cup Quarterfinal then pis* away a 12 point clear lead over Chelski.  I would say there is nothing to celebrate about that. I sadly feel BR doesn't know how to stop the rot in the way we are playing. Team looks defunct of ideas, energy and most troubling, is passion. Has anyone heard how BR is around the team when things are not going too well?  I wonder if he doesn't know how to stick a rocket up their ars*s. I tend to think he is the arm around the shoulder type. Maybe wants to be their mate instead of their manager.  Really don't know anymore. Tired of all the excuses from people.

Great if you finish well and build on it next year.

absolutely shocking to go from Top 3 to bottom 6 form  as you finish 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

Yep. They got fed up of Ranieri after a while and stopped playing, went on about how great Shakey was then performed so abjectly he was sacked, didn't like Puel and he was sacked, good seven months under Rodgers and now they look too comfortable/ bored under him as well.

Maybe we should make the players pay the compensation pay-offs in future? Then we might have someone who lasts longer than 16 months before the form becomes appalling.

Please tell me this isn’t a serious post.

• Like 1

It's a good strategy having young players commercially, but I think they struggle for the consistency and resilience of fully mature players. I think we just might have gone a touch to far down that route (in terms of the first XI), although the rest of this season will tell. It was notable that Perez and Praet (who is our best midfielder) improved us drastically.

At least we are improving from the first 2 games. I think we still have a shot at CL, as we don't need top 6 form, mid-table form will do, and we are still capable of that.

• Like 1

What I can’t understand is why in every single game since Norwich the players have to be told to move the ball faster. Like come on, some these guys agents are touting them out to clubs like Manchester United, Chelsea and Barcelona. And they need to be told to move it faster. Why ? I can’t understand it. The game is slow, you’re in the game and it’s been slow for a while. You move it a touch faster and we improve. How does a manager get blamed for seems like a lack of common sense. Note, I’m applying this thought process the run from Christmas, not just to today. 

I think that Rodgers ran the players to the ground in the first half of the season. First signs appeared at the Norwich game and the MCFC and LFC smashings brought everyone down to Earth, shattering the team's morale. Now with the three months pause you'd suppose that he'd somehow do something about that, but it doesn't seem to be the case. No new signings, a shockingly poor bench and stubbornly playing an out of form Vardy alone upfront and there you have it.

Don't know about a players attitude problem, but I'd hate to see us fizzling out and drop out of the top 4, as we won't compete again for the CL anytime soon, and at this rate it's more than a certainty. The rot must be stopped, a good result at Goodison Park would be a starting point.

Edited by That_Dude

Norwich were the first opponents to expose our vulnerability to the high press, and apart from a couple of exceptions we've been put under the same pressure in every game since. The whole team has become overcautious to the point where we rarely take risks now. We've lost the urge to play our way into the opposition box, instead we limit ourselves to aimless crosses, a percentage game we can't win, and the hope we can release Vardy with a long pass. We're becoming like Villa under John Gregory.

• Like 1

The way we play in the final 3rd is a complete nemesis of how we started under Rodgers.  It was in my opinion a prime factor in the upsurge of form.

Is this down to the personnel been too scared to play like this or the manager's instruction because he lost belief in it after the liverpool and man city batterings.

We really need to put everything into CL qualification. It’s vital for a club like ours. The bigger clubs can ride out a couple of under performing seasons and still sign good players (look at Chelsea and Man Utd) because they are “big clubs” and players still want to go to them. But for a team like ours it’s vital to capitalise when given the chance because if not players will leave and the whole things falls apart. We’ve done so well over the last few years and our set up is great, I have full faith in our owners and still back Brendan but we need to get into the CL so that we can actually establish ourselves. I was at  the 5-2 drubbing of Sunderland during the MON era and remember thinking “we’ve done it, we’re a top 6 team now” then watching it all fall apart. Heartbreaking. We’ve got to cling on then slowly build build build. We’re getting there, I’m still optimistic but we can’t let it slip again. X 

9 hours ago, The_77 said:

Please tell me this isn’t a serious post.

..It is a pattern that keeps raising its head!!!

Most supporters dismissed the accusations of a player revolt under Ranieri and the issues manifested under Shakespeare's administration. The performances under Puel were taking us one way and the players stated that the training was not as intense as it should have been and seriously over long. That was their reason for the slow and ponderous performances they were putting out week after week.

With Brendans' new regime, training intensified made more interesting and the players were happy, now we appear to be back in a scenario which has been played out time and time again.

At this moment Rodgers appears unable to resolve the decline, either due to his managerial short comings or unable to get the backing of his players.

This has happened too often now for it not to be deemed an issue.