Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Form since Christmas - poor

Team I can liken us to most at the minute is Bournemouth. No cutting edge going forward. Not terrible at the back but always likely to concede the odd goal. Its a recipe for disaster if you look likely to concede at least one, but never look like scoring. We seem to have lost balance in the team. And we seem to be passing the ball for passings sake, often playing the receiver into trouble, where they get tackled or they have to make some half arsed attempt to flick the ball on and we lose it immediately. Look at most other teams, not just Man City, but Wolves, Chelsea, Man Utd etc, thr passing in calm and considered  with aim to shift the opposition around, and then when they spot a chance, they speed up. They also know when to launch it and not play out from the back. We back ourselves into a corner so often and then struggle to pass the ball out and invite pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont think the players revolted under Claudio, but we very likel had a drop in morale.

Think of the situation.

We lose a key player in kante in the summer, that would have fractured the unity the squad had.

We lost the first league game to a promoted side, which simpson confirmed shattered confidence.

Players who were used to a guaranteed spot in the team, were suddenly been rotated.  Was that right? most teams in europe "do" rotate their players.

During the title season players like ulloa have publicly said they let the lack of game time slide due to how well the campaign was going but expected things to change in the following season, this is squad management Claudio had to deal with.

So yes morale dropped, but I dont think we had a revolt aka leeds under clough.

• Like 1

For me, apart from those that are obvious,  Praet and Perez need to start next game. Praet’s probably been our best performer over the last 6 games or so and I know he gets stick but I just feel we play better when Perez plays (much like Okazaki) and his link up play and pressing from the front is important to the way we want to play. The difficulty is trying to get Maddison and Tielemans into the same team without shoving one out of position. I’d be tempted to go with the team that started against Chelsea as we did look good first half. Other than that it’s a change of formation to get them in but doubt that will happen. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

At the end of the day. If the players are being *****.

As a manager you show your balls and you drop the ones that are being twats to the under 23s. Now is the time to do it if thats the case. Flush them out and start a fresh next season. If they wont perform for the manager they have no place in this club, that should be clear. A strong manager will make that point, big Nige got rid of Mills, Beckford etc. 

If players are acting up bring the young lads in now, lets face it they cant do much worse than the absolute tripe served up since Christmas. Players that are proud to wear our shirt, if they get beaten they get beaten giving 100%. I never mind us being shit or getting beaten if we try hard, what I can not stand is when it looks like noone gives a toss that the best chance we have of breaking into the top six is slipping away from us pathetically without a whimper. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 minutes ago, M0901 said:

No, I just said we're third :)

So you understand then, why people are worried?  3rd today. 4th in a few days time. 

when should we be concerned?  6th, 7th?

throwing away a golden opportunity is baffling. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

So you understand then, why people are worried?  3rd today. 4th in a few days time. 

when should we be concerned?  6th, 7th?

throwing away a golden opportunity is baffling. 

If there's a time we're out the top 4 this season, I'll share every fans worry. I can't help feeling positive. For now, while we're in third or fourth, I'm happy. 

Granted we're going through an uneven spell, but every team will hit one. We can't be quality all the time. It's one of those things where if we won, say, 3-0 on Wednesday, i think everyone will forget about the last 3 games. It happens. 

Something will need to click though. What that is I'm not entirely sure. 

7 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

The way we play in the final 3rd is a complete nemesis of how we started under Rodgers.  It was in my opinion a prime factor in the upsurge of form.

Is this down to the personnel been too scared to play like this or the manager's instruction because he lost belief in it after the liverpool and man city batterings.

teams have realised that defending somewhat deep and packing the centre midfield in front of the backline means we pass to ineffectual wingers or just pass slowly sideways and swing an aimless cross in. the slick fast triangles to cut through them died at Christmas sadly.

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Team I can liken us to most at the minute is Bournemouth. 

Sadlylol This sums it up. Bournemouth are absolutely tragic and heading for the Championship. Where we will be heading next year if we are not careful.

I hope Rodgers can turn it around, the only time I have seen form this bad and in a completely irreversible and terrifying way was when Peter Taylor was here. 

2 hours ago, M0901 said:

We're third, bloody THIRD. This is Leicester City Football Club, in THIRD place! We've got a top manager with an exciting squad and the sheer overreaction here is absolutely astonishing 😐

In simple terms, I think we need to see the distinction between certain things. There’s the team’s Position, Form, Performances and Results. 

Position: 3rd, with a 6 point gap to 6th. This is objectively good. No one is contesting that. 

Form: Our form is bad and has been for 15+ games. We have the same record as Newcastle and a worse record than Watford in that timeframe. 

Performances: Very mixed for a long time. And 3 poor games since the restart. Toothless in attack, creating hardly any chances and not looking like scoring. 

Results: 4 points dropped in winnable games which we should have been targeting to get us further ahead. And now out of the cup. What is it now, 5 wins out of the last 16 in the league? 

So simply saying “stop being negative, our Position is good” isn’t much of a counter argument when people are concerned about our Form, Performances and Results. 

Never mind the fact that Sheffield, Spurs, Chelsea, Man U and Wolves have all taken 5-9 points more than us since Christmas. 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, The_77 said:

Please tell me this isn’t a serious post.

About the pay-offs? Of course not.

About the pattern of the squad having poor runs around the same time under several managers? Absolutely. I think it's bigger than just one manager and why Ranieri and Puel weren't the only reasons to blame at the time.

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

The biggest concern I have is I don’t even want to watch us play, so boring and predictable. 

I’ve just said this to my old man, honestly can see us finishing 7th we desperately need two wins on the spin just can’t see it happening unless we somehow get lucky and score a couple before half time or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, M0901 said:

We're third, bloody THIRD. This is Leicester City Football Club, in THIRD place! We've got a top manager with an exciting squad and the sheer overreaction here is absolutely astonishing 😐

We're third because we had a blistering start to the season and won 8 on the spin.

First 16 games = 38 points

Last 15 games = 17 points.

That's a fall off the cliff by anyone's standards. 

About time this top manager and exciting squad pulled their fingers out their arses.

3 hours ago, M0901 said:

Yes we are third, but I think people are worried for how long!

I don’t know if BR has too much faith in our first   11 after our great start to the season or not enough faith in the rest of the squad but I think we are now paying the price for a lack of depth.

Whilst I don’t agree with making wholesale changes every week I think it would have helped us now if a few of our players had played less games. It’s also massively beneficial to have game changers on the bench.

Lastly, if there is no competition for places the players are bound to get complacent. The vast majority of our team know they will play the next game if they play well or not. 

I'm as baffled as everyone else with what's happened to our form in 2020.

We've taken 13 points from 11 games since Jan 1st.

Keep  that up and we won't finish  top  6.

We seem so  dull and negative (a couple of games notwithstanding).

We stuffed Soton 9-0 last year, and we blew them off the park.

On  Saturday i saw them  roll over Watford with ease playing almost EXACTLY like we did against them.

Go  figure.