Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Form since Christmas - poor

We over achieved in the first half of the season. We have not got a plan b for some strange reason.

What bothers me most we pay our management team a fortune to work out systems and formations to win us games. We have become predictable, Rodgers needs to have a rethink try something different.

The wingers at the club have been a big disappointment this season all of them. If we scrape into the champions league I would re build our forward line so we don’t have just Vardy scoring all our goals.

There's a possible parallel to the 2013 end of season under Pearson, that went into a complete tailspin, stumbled and bumbled into the play offs to the catastrophic game at Watford. 

We walked the league the next year. A much more battle hardened set of players

Sometimes teams need pain

11 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Team I can liken us to most at the minute is Bournemouth. No cutting edge going forward. Not terrible at the back but always likely to concede the odd goal. Its a recipe for disaster if you look likely to concede at least one, but never look like scoring. We seem to have lost balance in the team. And we seem to be passing the ball for passings sake, often playing the receiver into trouble, where they get tackled or they have to make some half arsed attempt to flick the ball on and we lose it immediately. Look at most other teams, not just Man City, but Wolves, Chelsea, Man Utd etc, thr passing in calm and considered  with aim to shift the opposition around, and then when they spot a chance, they speed up. They also know when to launch it and not play out from the back. We back ourselves into a corner so often and then struggle to pass the ball out and invite pressure.

Exactly, when pressed we just seem to panic and give the ball away

6 hours ago, Corky said:

About the pay-offs? Of course not.

About the pattern of the squad having poor runs around the same time under several managers? Absolutely. I think it's bigger than just one manager and why Ranieri and Puel weren't the only reasons to blame at the time.

Puel hasn’t exactly been fantastic run since he left. It was clear he couldn’t communicate any tangible goals and directions to the players, staff, media, and supporters.

And, as painful as it was, we all know Claudio lost the plot. Shakey was never a PL manager. 

It is bigger than one manager but not in the way you’re imagining it. 

Sometimes love turns sour, and sometimes you gotta get through a few rebounds before you find the right one. 😜

Edited by The_77

8 hours ago, M0901 said:

No, I just said we're third :)

Been 3rd 31 games in doesnt mean anything though, where we are at the end does.

Tell norwich they had a great season in 1994-95 as they reached second place.

Edited by Chrysalis

Sure it must have been posted somewhere on this forum but I have't seen it.... why the **** did we not strengthen in the winter? I know we still knew how to win games back then but it wasn't as though we knew we were limited with our options on the wing