Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

45 minutes ago, Goober said:

Everton, West Ham and Wolves lol

They all have a greater net spend then us in the last 5 years 

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

Echoes of when certain someone said this:

Maybe because it is true, we are trying to compete at the top with a net spend of 20m each year!

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

Only two players I would take from Man.Utd. are Rashford and Greenwood who cost sod all . Fernandez is very good but Maddison in form is nearly as good. James should be watching our Portuguese friend and thinking its time I got my act together.

Edited by An Sionnach

53 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Total inferiority complex. I'm not having any of that. We were miles ahead of Manchester United.

What excuse is there to lower our own standards?

You'll never get anywhere if you place a glass ceiling above your head.

I genuinely think it's our mentality though. We got to Old Trafford and bottle it, every season. It's as though the players go and think WTF it's Manchester United!!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'd disagree about Maddison and Fernandes. JM is overrated and BF has hauled Utd up the table with a serious of fantastic performances. I'd wager he's been involved with more goals in the last 10 than Maddison in the last 20.

Fernandes has been involved in the same amount of goals in the past 1 game as Maddison has in the past 12.

In the last 2 games, Fernandes has been involved in the same amount of goals that Maddison has in the past 18.

Fernandes is world class. Maddison is a good player. That's the difference atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Fernandes has been involved in the same amount of goals in the past 1 game as Maddison has in the past 12.

In the last 2 games, Fernandes has been involved in the same amount of goals that Maddison has in the past 18.

You could argue that the difference between the clubs since Fernandes arrived comes down to his performance vs Maddison's.  Madders has gone pretty much AWOL over that time frame - and this club badly needs him to find his first half of season form - assuming of course that they can get him on the pitch.

Rodger's certainly deserves huge credit for the exciting, slick passing style of play that enabled us to destroy teams until Christmas. However, with a small squad made up almost entirely of youngsters and a handful of players past their prime, it soon became obvious that the tactical approach (assisted hugely by Vardy's otherworldly strike rate) that had been working so well was unsustainable. Unfortunately, aside from constantly tinkering by making slight tactical alterations and switching personnel, which also contributed significantly to our slump in form, Rodger's showed considerable reluctance to implement a simpler game plan to maximize the strengths of his threadbare squad. He also failed to instil a squad mentality to grind out the necessary results to get us over the line. Our lack of investment to add much needed depth to the squad was also a major contributory factor for which Rodger's cannot be solely blamed. I think Rodger's is a purist with a stubborn streak and his failure to adapt to achieve even mid-table levels of performance have cost us dear. I also think that he is, by nature, a little too cautious and, as we have seen numerous times since Christmas, far too reactive. A more positive, proactive coach would surely have managed to accrue the 6 or 7 extra points we ultimately needed to secure third spot. Top will have to weigh up whether the best way forward for the club is to allow Rodger's the time to build on the successes of the first part of the season and hope that he will learn from the mistakes made in the second half that have resulted in such a massive missed opportunity. As I've said elsewhere, big decisions lie ahead to ensure that we do not regress from here; no small task. I do, however. have faith in Top, as our owners have proved many times over the years that they have the nous and courage to make the big decisions that are vital in order to ensure that we continue to progress as a club.

7 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

I like us when he is nit playing - ps his corners are crap

I do rate Maddison, but agree his corners are poor. Interesting to see since his injury we have been closer to scoring and tried to vary our set pieces. Fuchs cross / shot from a short corner was good to see. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Maddison is the player we should cash in on if possible. 

It seems like years ago now when everybody was screaming he should play for England and was so much better than Grealish and Mount .Not me though , playing for England f***s Leicester players up big time , like James for instance.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Only two players I would take from Man.Utd. are Rashford and Greenwood who cost sod all . Fernandez is very good but Maddison in form is nearly as good. James should be watching our Portuguese friend and thinking its time I got my act together.

LOL

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

They all have a greater net spend then us in the last 5 years 

Maybe because it is true, we are trying to compete at the top with a net spend of 20m each year!

We’re in the same league as those clubs in terms of revenue at the end of the day so to say we can’t compete with them is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can’t disagree with the facts but it’s a bit of an unfair comparison. Fernandes has joined United just as various players are hitting form, although the two probably aren’t mutually exclusive.

When you’ve got Rashford, Martial and Greenwood moving around you, you’re bound to create and score. We’ve been so static and predictable these last few months that it’s hardly surprising that Maddison’s stats are so poor.

Edited by adam95581

Great man manager but his tactics and subs have to be questioned especially when we have a team that can attack and score goals it's bizzare to then turn into a defensive mentality the nacho sub somes it up perfectly not to mention other games where we have gone ultra defensive mainly against the bigger teams

Still if we manage to make the champions league he has done his job and put us in a position others have recently failed at since the title win

Edited by whoareyaaa

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Maddison is the player we should cash in on if possible. 

You surely can't be serious. Maddison is a very good player but is going through a difficult time this season.

Maybe it's because he's had his head turned by England and the Man Utd. interest.

He is still very young and still learning the game at the highest level.

While these may be valid reason's for his loss of form, I believe he's being miss used by Rogers.

He's not the quickest over the ground yet expected to get back and forward. That's not making the best use of his talent.

He needs to be used like David Silva of Man City. Playing on the edge of the box where his intricate skill will trouble defenders. While also picking out good passes for Vardy and chipping with a few Goals.

The best is yet to come from him.

• Like 4