Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Until he has a few bad games. We really have forgotten where weve come from. 

Cant believe half the posts in here. There are very few perfect players out there, theres not a club in the league that wouldnt welcome mads with open arms

Ridiculous ain't it?

Sell Maddison and realistically, get who else in?! 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Until he has a few bad games. We really have forgotten where weve come from. 

Cant believe half the posts in here. There are very few perfect players out there, theres not a club in the league that wouldnt welcome mads with open arms

You're right. In my time I dont think weve had such a good squad.  Even kasper while not being top 6 has the advantage that the top six dont poach him!

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

You're right. In my time I dont think weve had such a good squad.  Even kasper while not being top 6 has the advantage that the top six dont poach him!

It’s easy to forget that the squad is one of the best we have ever had simply because our form is so bad. 

The talent isn’t the issue, it’s how we’ve been using it.  What’s that old phrase ... don’t throw the baby out with the bath water

• Like 4

Did anyone else sense Rogers being a bit defensive in his news conference. I sense the pressure is getting to him and the criticism of his tactics during the Bournemouth game.

A clanger like Kasper’s could have happened at any point. Credit to him he would have probably saved the rebound had n’didi not stuck his long leg out. Freaky. As to how we folded so badly after that under the Bournemouth pressure we will never know.

anyway, I’m sure the lcfc hierarchy are as pissed off as we fans are that we’re in this predicament. Rogers knows he has to get results now or atleast show what he can do to save our season. Anymore embarrassing capitulations and he will be gone whether we agree or not ( my 2 cents). Let’s hope our fortunes change and we can fall in love with this guy again.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s easy to forget that the squad is one of the best we have ever had simply because our form is so bad. 

The talent isn’t the issue, it’s how we’ve been using it.  What’s that old phrase ... don’t throw the baby out with the bath water

We shall see each others buttocks when we get out of the river

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Did anyone else sense Rogers being a bit defensive in his news conference. I sense the pressure is getting to him and the criticism of his tactics during the Bournemouth game.

A clanger like Kasper’s could have happened at any point. Credit to him he would have probably saved the rebound had n’didi not stuck his long leg out. Freaky. As to how we folded so badly after that under the Bournemouth pressure we will never know.

anyway, I’m sure the lcfc hierarchy are as pissed off as we fans are that we’re in this predicament. Rogers knows he has to get results now or atleast show what he can do to save our season. Anymore embarrassing capitulations and he will be gone whether we agree or not ( my 2 cents). Let’s hope our fortunes change and we can fall in love with this guy again.

When we hired him I liked all the talk of his scientific method....now he looks like he believes in his own magic like all the other managers.   I hope he can get back to logic soon

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ridiculous ain't it?

Sell Maddison and realistically, get who else in?! 

That's for our great scouting network to decide, but if you can get £80 million do it, the boys head has been turned, an as with Mahrez we know, it's just delaying the inevitable if you don't, we are basically where Everton were when Rooney went to Man utd a 6th-10th prem team that needs another 2-3 years, to be consistent challengers, if we able to turn this season around and get it back on track great, but even if we lose the last 3 games, although it won't feel like it, we will still of taken steps forward from 5 years ago when we were considered relegation fodder, we are now a top 10 prem team, but need a stronger squad to consistently finish top 6, let alone top 4. 

Edited by Beachyboy

18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I get your point regarding a clanger for Shmeichel can happen at any point, but I think whatever went on at half time and the sudden laboured negative defensive approach start of second half is the reason for the numerous mistakes. Mistakes usually happen when not concentrating and the whole second half we were extremely sluggish for whatever reason.

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

We’ll have to wait and see if that pair can pull off a few decent transfers in the coming weeks, with the few rumours banding around I’d certainly take a couple as quality signings ?

But like some have said Brendan hasn’t really helped his cause with a few comments last few days it’s one minute we’re not good enough to chase or play Champions League football then on the other comment The champions League fate is Still in our hands?

we've had a few too Many Jekyll & Hyde performances this season god knows why is it we’re just not strong enough mentally to finish some teams off I don’t agree with some pundits who have stated that Leicester have been punching above their weight this season with our lofty position in the league that we’ve held onto since around September last year, so what is the reason for these Fuched up displays where we should have won is it the lack of quality in the squad do we rely on players far too much or is it Brendans tactics substitutions or what does Brendan need to show he can bring in some quality in the transfer market ?

Weve enjoyed some amazing performances this season and being in 3rd place for most of the season giving us hope of visiting the European Holy Grail of Champions League football certainly whets the appetite, but honestly at the moment can you say we’re ready for such an adventure or do we have a chance of being Royally embarrassed as this squad isn’t in Brendans words not good enough and not ready for Champions League ?

Only time will tell now over the last 3 games to see if we can turn that embarrassing defeat against Bournemouth into 3 quality end of season finishes to try and salvage a Champions League spot but with Man City some how getting away with a solid ban that should have been upheld were in dyer need of maximum points in last 3 games and hope other results go our way so we can creep back into 3rd?

Nobody ever said it would be easy being a Leicester City fan a definite RollerCoaster of emotions at times but with the ups and downs we follow this amazing football club to the end, hoping Brendan is the right man to take us forward build our football club into a quality football club we all know it’s capable of ?

We do have to wait but unfortunately I dont have much faith in their signings. Celtic fans warned us, Liverpool they did sign Coutinho and Sturridge, but then wasted 100+ million. they have signed JJ, Praet, Bennett and Perez + confirming Tielemans. Perez I can not understand at all. I do think he is a decent player in played behind Vardy. But I can not understand why sign him to play rw when he has no attributes for a winger, skill, crossing, speed for instance. Surely sign a rw for the role. 

I get your Jekyll and Hyde comment, however 19 games of excellence followed by 20 of lifeless displays leaves a lot to be desired. If it was a bad 3-5 games I can understand, everyone has a slump, almost ( bar Liverpool this year) but for 19 second half of the season matches when it matters to perform such a low standard something has gone on. Injuries have not helped, but Until Ricardo injury v Villa we had injury free and we were still losing then. 

I don't get being in 3rd place gives us hope of Champions league football in the future. I am sorry, but for me this is our only and best chance. We were 14 points ahead, All the other top 4-6 sides can spend millions and we are back to mid table. This is why I am so frustrated at our second half. It is not just the bad form now, it is the knock on effect for the next few years. Chelsea already sent 80million, Man City we know what they will do, Man Utd will spend fortune and then we can not compete. I can not see a chance like this again and for Rodgers to let it slip is extremely poor. Lack of signings in January cost us and potentially his job. 

There was a show called Dream Team going back years now, I always felt we are the real life vision of this. It is certainly never dull supporting our side and as you said full of a roller coaster of emotions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Total inferiority complex. I'm not having any of that. We were miles ahead of Manchester United.

What excuse is there to lower our own standards?

You'll never get anywhere if you place a glass ceiling above your head.

Not happy with this either - it's retrospective justification of the current slump. Can't imagine someone like Nuno or even Wilder talking like that. It's just defeatist. To be honest, I thought he looked really twitchy, none of the usual smiles and charm. Something not right at all. 

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

It seems like years ago now when everybody was screaming he should play for England and was so much better than Grealish and Mount .Not me though , playing for England f***s Leicester players up big time , like James for instance.

Wait what? Matty James has barely played for Leicester let alone England. You must be talking about someone else. 

No-one will pay anywhere close to 80m for Maddison, if they offered that I'd definitely accept. Realistically we'll get about 40m and that's not even worth the hassle, keep him and let him develop into a better footballer. He's definitely overated by some, but he's still a good player and he's only young.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I genuinely think it's our mentality though. We got to Old Trafford and bottle it, every season. It's as though the players go and think WTF it's Manchester United!!

I knew there was a reason our performance and result there wound me up so much. Actually makes a lot more sense now.

5 hours ago, Unique FC said:

We do have to wait but unfortunately I dont have much faith in their signings. Celtic fans warned us, Liverpool they did sign Coutinho and Sturridge, but then wasted 100+ million. they have signed JJ, Praet, Bennett and Perez + confirming Tielemans. Perez I can not understand at all. I do think he is a decent player in played behind Vardy. But I can not understand why sign him to play rw when he has no attributes for a winger, skill, crossing, speed for instance. Surely sign a rw for the role. 

I get your Jekyll and Hyde comment, however 19 games of excellence followed by 20 of lifeless displays leaves a lot to be desired. If it was a bad 3-5 games I can understand, everyone has a slump, almost ( bar Liverpool this year) but for 19 second half of the season matches when it matters to perform such a low standard something has gone on. Injuries have not helped, but Until Ricardo injury v Villa we had injury free and we were still losing then. 

I don't get being in 3rd place gives us hope of Champions league football in the future. I am sorry, but for me this is our only and best chance. We were 14 points ahead, All the other top 4-6 sides can spend millions and we are back to mid table. This is why I am so frustrated at our second half. It is not just the bad form now, it is the knock on effect for the next few years. Chelsea already sent 80million, Man City we know what they will do, Man Utd will spend fortune and then we can not compete. I can not see a chance like this again and for Rodgers to let it slip is extremely poor. Lack of signings in January cost us and potentially his job. 

There was a show called Dream Team going back years now, I always felt we are the real life vision of this. It is certainly never dull supporting our side and as you said full of a roller coaster of emotions. 

Oh dear,  I share your fears for all the same reasons. 

• Like 1

Would Top pull the trigger if we miss out on Champions League Football? it would be harsh but nothing surprises me anymore, tbh I think Rodgers saving grace was the cup competitions had we won one I think his job would be secure even if we finished in the Europa League.

The pressure is certainly on let’s hope he and the team rises to the challenge

On this thread (and others) a lot of people are mentioning the mistake by Kasper......am I the only one who also saw him at fault for the second goal too? 

It was such a weak save it trickled into the net! We all know what happened next. 

Sounds like Brendan has given Cags a talking to....not sure it's worth it as the next time he plays is in September. 

On the day Evans looked equally as crap and is probably exhausted from all of the games....but he should have hopefully spoken to people individually as if his job depends on it. 

Guest An Sionnach
8 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Wait what? Matty James has barely played for Leicester let alone England. You must be talking about someone else. 

I will have to stop using James its getting  too common with us . I will call him "The Quiff" from now on.