Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much money could LCFC make from Europa League?

Regardless of where we actually finish whether its 4th or 5th I'd like to know what people think in terms of realistically how far we could go and how much revenue the club could make from the Europa League?

13 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

That's the problem with modern football, everything is about money.

I don't know when the 'big 6' armchair fan bollocks about not wanting to be in the Europa League started, but I'm not having it- there are plenty of serious away days in there and that's what it's always primarily about as a football fan. 

If that's where we end up, so be it- hopefully we get to travel because it would be an amazing experience and we would have an excellent chance of seeing European knockout football after Christmas again.

Nailed it.

• Like 1

For a comparison winning the FA Cup would get you about £8.5m in total winning the Europa assuming you win most of your matches will net you about £20m and that is just prize money there would also be TV rights on top of that.

Edited by FoxesFourLife

Manchester United earned £40m from Europa triumph according to the press!

Do well and it going to be beneficially in monetary terms.

I'd love us to win it!

Anyone who think this is small time should watch the Chelsea celebrations from when they beat Arsenal

https://youtu.be/FR_cF8MELvw

Or when they won it in 2013

https://youtu.be/D4-kCnF7gSU

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Last season, Runners-Up Arsenal earned 38m, and winners Chelsea earned 46m from their Europa League runs. This was boosted by 18m and 21m market pool payments to each team, as BT Sport pay a fortune for the rights, so the British teams get more money.

For contrast, Celtic that season, who are also part of our market pool (BT buy British rights) earned just under €10m for getting to the Last 32.

To put that into UCL perspective, Man Utd and Man City, for getting to the UEFA CL QF last season, earned €93m each.

And lastly, for more perspective, we earned €81.6m from our run in 16/17.

Edited by Footballwipe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jonthefox said:

I've  always fancied Young boys. 

:revenge:

Edit. They're Swiss aren't they lol

Be careful................. this is a Family Forum.

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

We made 100m last time we were in the cl

Yeah but we did make it past the group stage, and now the prize money is allocated using a new system, we wont make as much next time unless we progress further.  Now they have the horrible co-efficient system for the payments.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Yeah but we did make it past the group stage, and now the prize money is allocated using a new system, we wont make as much next time unless we progress further.  Now they have the horrible co-efficient system for the 

My issue is that I dont think the Europa is worth it. I would rather secure a top four finish

• Like 1