Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Were Leicester fans this unhappy under MON?

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our injury problems have increased under Rodgers, we are sometimes referred to as a poundland Arsenal under Wenger and they were renown for never addressing their injury issues. Wonder if its the fitness regime? Balsom is still involved so hopefully he still has a say in the sports science.

It’s still the same team on sports science. Balsom is more on the innovation side now - he’s trying building this virtual reality simulation with IBM. 

There was a podcast around the turn of the year where Balsom said Rodgers was very supportive of their team and wanted it to develop. Wasn’t necessarily the case under Claudio

Fair question I guess, but under MO'N, we were never this soft/nice to play against. 

And he wouldn't have played a high line with those slow centre backs against someone like Spuds with the pace they possess... mind boggling decision making at times.

Ok the football wasn't always great under MO'N, but I rarely felt watching his side the players didn't give everything and were well organised/well drilled (most of the time). Similar to Pearson, and not once did I ever want him sacked... 

• Like 2

Expectations went through the roof after 2015/16, and this is a very different climate. I will never forget telling my two sons (late teens) when we went up in 2014 to be careful what they wished for. I remembered those hard days in the top/premier league, and how it was under lesser managers who failed and under MON who created the grinders that got us our level of ‘success’. Very much a workman like outfit, but with some lovely skill too. In some ways it’s sad that we aren’t enjoying this like we should,  or at least it appears some aren’t, but it was inevitable after that season.

We can never replicate it, it was so so special. I think even if we do go on to win it again it’ll never be as sweet, never be as special.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting question to follow on who would you rather have:

O’Neill or Rodgers

Keller or Schmeichel 

Kaamark or Ricardo

Elliott or Evans

Walsh or Soyuncu

Guppy or Chilwell

Lennon or Ndidi

Izzet or Madison 
Savage or Tielemans 

Heskey or Vardy

Cottee or Perez

Impey or Barnes

How do the teams compare and how does that affect our perspective? Our expectations.

Note: I realise that not all of these players are like for like, but comparing two different teams and formations. Both the regular best XI

l

BBAABAABBAB

Always felt we could get something late in a game under MON, but don't feel the same under Brendan. 

Our lack of drive towards the end of the Everton and Arsenal games were pretty poor imo. 

Yesterday, I thought we had bad luck with the opening goal, piss poor corner taking and a suicidal back line when spurs broke, two incredible finishes from a top class striker and a goalkeeper in inspired form (who can also be awful) 

We're all a bit down as we've blown a fantastic opportunity to get top 4 whilst other clubs have been out of sorts. 

Still great to be amongst them though👍

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wahahahahahahaaaa Impey? Are you insane? Barnes for all his wild finishing and inconsistency has 14 goal contributions in the PL this season, Impey's goals and assists record for a winger was an absolute disgrace.

It was a question not a statements. On the left was O’neils team on the right the current team. 
No where did I answer the question, it was just a comparison of the starting X1 then and now.

I was brought up to believe that foxes never quit.

Since 1990 I always seen fight in a Leicester city team always even if we didn't play well.

However since hiring Puel and also BR we have no fight in us. 

I genuinely belive that we need to hire atleast 6 attack coaches and sack the ones currently at the club.

27 shots against spurs and not a single goal and this isn't the first time this season

9 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Always felt we could get something late in a game under MON, but don't feel the same under Brendan. 

Our lack of drive towards the end of the Everton and Arsenal games were pretty poor imo. 

Yesterday, I thought we had bad luck with the opening goal, piss poor corner taking and a suicidal back line when spurs broke, two incredible finishes from a top class striker and a goalkeeper in inspired form (who can also be awful) 

We're all a bit down as we've blown a fantastic opportunity to get top 4 whilst other clubs have been out of sorts. 

Still great to be amongst them though👍

Yet no side in the league can better us in the last 15 minutes of games.

19 goals scored and 8 conceded. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Yet no side in the league can better us in the last 15 minutes of games.

19 goals scored and 8 conceded. 

They probably could on this half of the season and that's where we've come unstuck. 

I know it's on the whole season though👍

22 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting question to follow on who would you rather have:

O’Neill or Rodgers

Keller or Schmeichel 

Kaamark or Ricardo

Elliott or Evans

Walsh or Soyuncu

Guppy or Chilwell

Lennon or Ndidi

Izzet or Madison 
Savage or Tielemans 

Heskey or Vardy

Cottee or Perez

Impey or Barnes

How do the teams compare and how does that affect our perspective? Our expectations.

Note: I realise that not all of these players are like for like, but comparing two different teams and formations. Both the regular best XI

l

Schmeichal

Ricardo Elliot Soyuncu Guppy

Lennon Ndidi Tielemens

Izzet

Vardy Heskey

Bench: Flowers, Evans, Maddison, Chillwell, Perez, Barnes, Gray, Cottee.

On 19/07/2020 at 22:25, Stevosevic said:

Genuine question. 

In the previous two seasons we've finished 9th which was MONesque and this year we are going to finish 5th. 

Under MON let's be honest, we played quite turgid Burnley style football and we also went on some pretty bad runs that involved losing to the dross of the league.

Maybe it was the cup runs that prevented the moaning but I don't remember our fans being as unhappy as they are now.

Or is it the title run that means top half finishes are no longer that satisfying?

Other than the initial disquiet from some, I'm pretty certain we were not. The widespread nature of social media, 24/7 sports news cycles and their more poisonous elements  did not impact things as they do to today..... 

Edited by Jacnah

15 hours ago, Fox85 said:

I was brought up to believe that foxes never quit.

Since 1990 I always seen fight in a Leicester city team always even if we didn't play well.

However since hiring Puel and also BR we have no fight in us. 

I genuinely belive that we need to hire atleast 6 attack coaches and sack the ones currently at the club.

27 shots against spurs and not a single goal and this isn't the first time this season

And yet we're guaranteed European football for only the 5th time in our history, despite suffering more injuries to key players than I can remember for many years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Schmeichal

Ricardo Elliot Soyuncu Guppy

Lennon Ndidi Tielemens

Izzet

Vardy Heskey

Bench: Flowers, Evans, Maddison, Chillwell, Perez, Barnes, Gray, Cottee.

Not to sure i’d stick gupppy at left back, yes he could whip i good ball, but you would no way put him there with 4 at the back

The game has changed beyond all recognition even in the short space of time (for some) since Martin. 

The greater scrutiny, the presence of social media and its instantaneous nature, our endless need to be seen to be relevant.

It all adds to an increasing culture of dissatisfaction and instant gratification.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2020 at 23:25, Stevosevic said:

Genuine question. 

In the previous two seasons we've finished 9th which was MONesque and this year we are going to finish 5th. 

Under MON let's be honest, we played quite turgid Burnley style football and we also went on some pretty bad runs that involved losing to the dross of the league.

Maybe it was the cup runs that prevented the moaning but I don't remember our fans being as unhappy as they are now.

Or is it the title run that means top half finishes are no longer that satisfying?

People have Short memories...MON took hell of alot of unwarranted, incompetent stick from some fans,during his tenure...

Some whining,cynical  City fans just have History & tradition,they Pop up every season.....!!

Thank God there is a more balanced ,Knowledgable , but a Quieter majority of fans,  in the Postal corridors of foxesforum

16 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Fair question I guess, but under MO'N, we were never this soft/nice to play against. 

And he wouldn't have played a high line with those slow centre backs against someone like Spuds with the pace they possess... mind boggling decision making at times.

Ok the football wasn't always great under MO'N, but I rarely felt watching his side the players didn't give everything and were well organised/well drilled (most of the time). Similar to Pearson, and not once did I ever want him sacked... 

Others Posted different,so one can only take the mean difference between the varying opinions...I

In his days...the worst Performance ever seen, bunch of disorganised yahoos, The squad has Red cards althrough them....Worst,illogical Substitutions ..!!!

Worst Player ever in a blue shirt....!!!

Some things Never Change ,do they...:crylaugh:

Your just trying & applying another twist..!!

I don’t think we can discount the fact that last couple of seasons some of the so called top six have been absolutely shocking and it’s no surprise that some see us as their equal now at least.. that was never the case in the MON era.. we were never on the same footing so anything between 7th-9th was seen at a major achievement. Loved Lennon but don’t think we can say we stumbled accross the arguably best in the world in his position ala Kantè or savage as important as he was, wasnt ever a ballon d’or contender like Mahrez... Much as i loved Heskey, he was never getting 100 prem goals ala Vardy.

but that’s what made the success so enjoyable under MON. we proper gatecrashed the partly.

Now, partly due to the incompetence of others  we feel we are top 6 on merit..

On 19/07/2020 at 22:30, davieG said:

There doesn’t appear to be a do or die attitude from the team or the manager. Everyone seems so comfortable. 

We may have played some turgid football under MON but you knew they were all giving it their all not that our current football is all 90mins sexy.

I think this is overlooked quite a bit. There have been Leicester teams in the past that have been worse but they’ve given it their all and it was appreciated and the fans gave them some slack.

The current team doesn’t appear to be fighting for the shirt as it where, the slightest sign of pressure and they completely collapse. There is only so long that will wash with most fans regardless of position or ‘sexy football’.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

And yet we're guaranteed European football for only the 5th time in our history, despite suffering more injuries to key players than I can remember for many years.

Jesus christ.

Some of you lot are happy to remain a mid table side.

I for one want us to be the best we can be, give everything from start to finish until the job is done.

We have been lacklustre since the end of December, its unacceptable.

Yes we have done well but we blew a 14 point lead on champions league football. Unacceptable.

But let's just accept this piss poor form and keep this mid table mentality and be happy because we may achieve europa league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Jesus christ.

Some of you lot are happy to remain a mid table side.

I for one want us to be the best we can be, give everything from start to finish until the job is done.

We have been lacklustre since the end of December, its unacceptable.

Yes we have done well but we blew a 14 point lead on champions league football. Unacceptable.

But let's just accept this piss poor form and keep this mid table mentality and be happy because we may achieve europa league.

You accused the team of 'lacking fight' compared to the MON team; I pointed out they are on for one of our highest finishes of all time, higher than the team that apparently had more fight in them. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I don’t think we can discount the fact that last couple of seasons some of the so called top six have been absolutely shocking and it’s no surprise that some see us as their equal now at least.. that was never the case in the MON era.. we were never on the same footing so anything between 7th-9th was seen at a major achievement. Loved Lennon but don’t think we can say we stumbled accross the arguably best in the world in his position ala Kantè or savage as important as he was, wasnt ever a ballon d’or contender like Mahrez... Much as i loved Heskey, he was never getting 100 prem goals ala Vardy.

but that’s what made the success so enjoyable under MON. we proper gatecrashed the partly.

Now, partly due to the incompetence of others  we feel we are top 6 on merit..

Heskey got 110 PL goals in his career. Albeit from far more games, of course.  

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Heskey got 110 PL goals in his career. Albeit from far more games, of course.  

yes i really did mean during their time with us and how they were seen by the wider football community whilst with us - kantè, mahrez and Vardy can genuinely be described as world lvl footballers yet i don’t think Lennon, Savage and Heskey were...

Edited by MPH