Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Fact is it looks like we aren’t good enough for CL football again but that isn’t anything to be ashamed about it is another season of progression. A cup win and top 5, build in the summer and we can continue moving forward. I’m disappointed with how this is looking like ending up I still have some hope but I’m not going to be ashamed of the team or say they are bottles after another fantastic season 

It's not a question of being ashamed or anything like that. The fact of the matter is that we haven't been outside the top 3 until it really comes to matter and not for the first time.

Just now, surrifox said:

That could have been a defence last season when we had to deploy clowns like that wolves loanee in defence but we’ve got a deeper squad this season to the extent that the likes of Praet, Ricardo and others   Haven’t had game time . We have just played poorly in key games once again 

Praet hasn’t done anything, Under was a flop, we’ve been plagued with injuries. The other sides have got million pound fire power to bring in which we don’t. I’ve said it, I’m gutted mate but what can you do

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Super League scum in the top 4 places.

We've only got ourselves to blame but for them to do what they did, and get away scot-free, it's just all wrong. 

Would be funny if Chelsea and Liverpool celebrate finishing top 4 on Sunday and then on Monday UEFA reveal their punishment for the SL is a ban from the Champions League next season. Will never happen because these authorities have no backbone and are driven as much by money as the owners of these "big" SL clubs.

• Like 2

Just now, chapero82 said:

I don’t think we will have much to spend again next season without it as like most clubs we are skint 

We will be skint with CL too... I doubt we will be shopping in the same market as Chelsea, Man City and the like because we have CL football. It would be nice and open the gap more to West Ham, arsenal, Everton but it isn’t everything. 

5 minutes ago, KFS said:

We aren’t good enough lads. Simple fact. We don’t have the squad depth compared to the clubs we’re up against. I’m as gutted as anyone but it’s a simple fact of the matter. The way the ESL clubs have it set up they basically have their monopoly anyway. 

On that basis we will never qualify for CL. Last season and this season was the easiest to qualify. The big teams were average. At some point they will be strong again. Finishing in EL two seasons in a row is still more than OK. Let's see if we can consistently challenge for Top 6.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

Scenes when chelsea lose their last game, we beat spurs and liverpool win then chelsea lose the champs league final. Wishful thinking.

The way we end seasons it's more likely that Chelsea would drop points but we wouldn't beat spurs.

• Haha 1

Guest ttfn

A lot of white flag waving here, still 3 games to go after this one. We need 2 results to go our way, that’s it. And we have control over one of them.

I think if we’re totally honest with ourselves, we’re not that bothered about missing out on CL football, as much as we’re worried that our best players could start leaving as a result of that…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's a strong taste of deja vu to last season. A sort of collapse over the line and falling short to the school bullies. You could write it to music of cavallero rusticano like raging bull 

Edited by oxtonfox

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

On that basis we will never qualify for CL. Last season and this season was the easiest to qualify. The big teams were average. At some point they will be strong again. Finishing in EL two seasons in a row is still more than OK. Let's see if we can consistently challenge for Top 6.

It’s a matter of being really fvcking hard to do. Hence why it feels like a glorified closed shop.

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We will be skint with CL too... I doubt we will be shopping in the same market as Chelsea, Man City and the like because we have CL football. It would be nice and open the gap more to West Ham, arsenal, Everton but it isn’t everything. 

The shopping list goes from Gosens to Bertrand and that’s the difference 

• Haha 1

Just now, ttfn said:

A lot of white flag waving here, still 3 games to go after this one. We need 2 results to go our way, that’s it. And we have control over one of them.

So far it is 3/3 for Liverpool... can’t see them not beating palace, but I do hold hope that Chelsea can slip up still 

Just now, oxtonfox said:

There's a strong taste of deja vu to last season. A sort of collapse over the line and falling short to the school bullies

Doesn’t taste too sour to me, still our second best season ever. 

• Like 1