Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, adam said:

Granted we've had our fair share of injuries but we could of at least attempted the formation that worked so well in the first half of the season. Keeps sticking with this back 5 that doesn't work. 

Yeah at times it has looked pretty ropey, but without playing full backs as wingers in not sure what other choice we had. Vardy wide left? 

In certain games I like the three CBs, often against clubs at the top end of the table who can win the midfield battle vs Youri and Wilf. Despite last night we have a good record vs. Those sides and many were with a 3. Isn’t the record with Evans, Fofana and Soyuncu actually very good? Might have won all games with that lineup I think....

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Better than getting beat by some Ukrainian and Czech farmers on a Thursday in the losers league.  Generally gets won by the Champions league  group stage losers. 

Jeez, you've already got us losing to some fantasy team you've just made up. Maybe you should do less of the imagination stuff of things you don't know and just enjoy the ride.  

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

As a pot 4 team we would have been lucky to have got third in the group stage, meaning we would have probably dropped into the EL anyway after Christmas. Some of the trips in the EL will be as good if not better for the people actually going, fvck the air hair fans and football twitter virgins.

I agree we could have had a couple of amazing away days in the EL this year.

If we could add Soumare, Edouard, Bertrand and a winger - we might be able to bridge that gap next season. Someone made the very salient point earlier that it took Klopp a couple of seasons of 'failure' before he cracked it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which has been largely caused by the injuries. Once Barnes was fcuked, we lacked pace going forward. Compounded by Justin as well. 

Absolutely gotta get a winger in with the ability to take a player on. 

That back five worked at the very start of the season in part because of Barnes ability to get you up the pitch 

We still played it when we didn’t have injuries, defeats against Fulham, West Ham and Zorya in the first half of the season when Justin and Barnes were available. Rodgers hasn’t been able to let it go since he joined, it feels like he’s wanted to change to this since he got here as he played it in his first game at Watford, towards the end of last season and then this season it’s been around 50/50.

Edited by Mark

34 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Problem is I can see some players leaving for CL football.

Yes they might want to go but we'll probably only allow 1 to go and we'll be paid a lot of money for them which we can use to reinvest into the squad. 

Guaranteed we have a plan to replace any player that leaves. It might not work but week have a plan. This club learns as it goes along and this is something they'd have thought about.

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think we would all take a European Cup whethers its the Europa or Champions league

We would but it ain't happening. Best chance to win is losing the group stage of the champions league, not to qualify as a losers loser. Over the past few years I think it's always been won by a champions league group stage loser, the original Europa losers not good enough.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

If we could add Soumare, Edouard, Bertrand and a winger - we might be able to bridge that gap next season. Someone made the very salient point earlier that it took Klopp a couple of seasons of 'failure' before he cracked it.

Having a normal season wont hurt either. 

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes they might want to go but we'll probably only allow 1 to go and we'll be paid a lot of money for them which we can use to reinvest into the squad. 

Guaranteed we have a plan to replace any player that leaves. It might not work but week have a plan. This club learns as it goes along and this is something they'd have thought about.

We these days either get great money for a player or they don’t go... 

4 minutes ago, adam said:

Granted we've had our fair share of injuries but we could of at least attempted the formation that worked so well in the first half of the season. Keeps sticking with this back 5 that doesn't work. 

Problem with  that nacho would not have started a lot of games so no fa cup win and proberly finished below 6th place.we know Rodgers has made mistakes in some games tactical but a genious in others

10 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Some of you lot seem to just want some big sexy away days, we’d get humped as a bottom seeded team. 

One step at a time. 

It's not about the games, it's keeping hold of our best players and being able to attract the calibre of talent to keep us competing. Already rumours of Youri holding off on a new contract and Gosens waiting for our champions league status 

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I want a flair player. We can be really shit against low block. That’s the difference between us and them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We would but it ain't happening. Best chance to win is losing the group stage of the champions league, not to qualify as a losers loser. Over the past few years I think it's always been won by a champions league group stage loser, the original Europa losers not good enough.

still makes no difference to us going on to win it, we had no right to win the league but we did

2 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

Jeez, you've already got us losing to some fantasy team you've just made up. Maybe you should do less of the imagination stuff of things you don't know and just enjoy the ride.  

I can't stand the Europa League, shit competition on a shit day meaning you have shit Sunday games, an excuse for the bigger teams that have done shit to get parachuted in and win something like United.