Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, KFS said:

I want a flair player. We can be really shit against low block. That’s the difference between us and them.

Agreed. I think Under was supposed to be this player but he's been a bit shit bar one or two moments.

• Like 2

The worry is the top sides will improve a lot. Man City won't be any worse especially If they sign Kane. Chelsea will get more points and probably spend another 200 million. Liverpool will improve and man United will sign a few. Gonna be a lot harder next season. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

I can't stand the Europa League, shit competition on a shit day meaning you have shit Sunday games, an excuse for the bigger teams that have done shit to get parachuted in and win something like United. 

Imagine what the European Conference League (or whatever it's called) would be like.

42 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Problem is I can see some players leaving for CL football.

This is an absolute myth, there’s some brilliant players in sides making the Europa League. Where are they all going to go?

I don’t think we’ve got many players at this club who’d be short-sighted enough to look at what this club is achieving and think we aren’t capable of more. New training ground, stadium expansions and some sexy new silverware in the cabinet. 

if they want to jump ship because they won’t dig in then bye, they’re not the characters we want here. 

• Like 2

We can't complain that media doesn't take us serious as top 4 material when we don't even make it there despite spending 98% of the last 2 years in it.

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

We would but it ain't happening. Best chance to win is losing the group stage of the champions league, not to qualify as a losers loser. Over the past few years I think it's always been won by a champions league group stage loser, the original Europa losers not good enough.

Out of the last 5 winners only 2 have been teams who have dropped out of the CL so not strictly true.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan

Its looking dead and buried

So so disappointing if it’s gonna happen 2 times in a row

:nono:

Just now, adam said:

The worry is the top sides will improve a lot. Man City won't be any worse especially If they sign Kane. Chelsea will get more points and probably spend another 200 million. Liverpool will improve and man United will sign a few. Gonna be a lot harder next season. 

Good job we won the fa cup this season then... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

We still played it when we didn’t have injuries, defeats against Fulham, Villa and Zorya in the first half of the season when Justin and Barnes were available. Rodgers hasn’t been able to let it go since he joined, it feels like he’s wanted to change to this since he got here as he played it in his first game at Watford, towards the end of last season and then this season it’s been around 50/50.

Fulham accepted but we played a back four v Villa. West Ham we played three but we’d just beat Man City with it. Zorya was a complete dead rubber. 

I dislike the formation because I feel like it stucks all the width out of our play. However I think the decision to switch to it as been dictated by the lack of consistently performing wingers. 

26 minutes ago, copunk said:

I cannot believe the reactions in here, you would never have known we had won the FA Cup 4 days ago 😂 

And you would never have known that we've been in the top 4 all season until tonight!!!

You honestly thinking winning the FA Cup eases that pain?...

Doesn't for me at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

It's not about the games, it's keeping hold of our best players and being able to attract the calibre of talent to keep us competing. Already rumours of Youri holding off on a new contract and Gosens waiting for our champions league status 

we’ve attracted lots of talent without CL football. 

• Like 1

Ah well, probably Europa League again, which is a great achievement in itself, especially if we finish 5th twice in a row, although it's disappointing if we don't manage CL again.

3 or 4 signings, get rid of 4 or 5 deadwood players, keep the squad together and go again next year, where we should be even better, only problem is that Liverpool and Chelsea may also be better.

An FA Cup win is a huge success, but sadly we may never be able to compete financially with the big 6, and even if we can do one day, it's probably over a decade away. Although I genuinely believe if Barnes hadn't have gotten injured we'd have achieved top 4.

Not sure we'll even beat Spurs, but would be nice to end the season on a high and hopefully manage to take advantage of a LFC/Chelsea slip up in the final game.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

There’s no debating it

A month or so ago we were looking nailed on top four

We’ve bottled it I’m afraid