Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

I think our best hope is Villa getting something off Chelsea, can’t see Palace doing owt

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Some of our fans really have lost their heads. If you can't stand it, don't watch it, don't get involved. Plenty of fans and the club will be chuffed to be in Europe again. 

I didn't watch it this year and won't. ****s me off as half the games are moved to Sunday, wank day for football when I should be eating my roast. 

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I can't stand the Europa League, shit competition on a shit day meaning you have shit Sunday games, an excuse for the bigger teams that have done shit to get parachuted in and win something like United. 

Don't understand that view at all, we have a real chance of winning the Europa League, we don't have that at all in the Champions League

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Some of our fans really have lost their heads. If you can't stand it, don't watch it, don't get involved. Plenty of fans and the club will be chuffed to be in Europe again. 

We seen how chuffed we were to be In it this year when we put half a side out. 

1 minute ago, Koke said:

We can't complain that media doesn't take us serious as top 4 material when we don't even make it there despite spending 98% of the last 2 years in it.

We complain that the media don't take us seriously full stop. I'm fine them questioning if we can hold top 4, as frankly we aren't the 4th best team. But it's the huge disrespect we get as being a top 6 club. 

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

I didn't watch it this year and won't. ****s me off as half the games are moved to Sunday, wank day for football when I should be eating my roast. 

So to confirm, you don’t like the Europa league? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Imagine what the European Conference League (or whatever it's called) would be like.

Thursday night playing some Faroe Islands team that finished 6th in their national league.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

We can't complain that media doesn't take us serious as top 4 material when we don't even make it there despite spending 98% of the last 2 years in it.

Errrrrr pretty sure finishing 5th and being in the top 4 for 98% of the season quantifies as you being taken seriously.

• Like 4

I'm over the moon that we won the cup but I'll be gutted if we miss out on Champions League.  That disappointment comes from being top 4 all season and missing out at the end again.  If we had been top 8 all season and manufactured an outside chance of making it come the end of the season, I wouldn't be so fussed.

That said, I do think Europa League is our level right now.  We should absolutely be taking the Europa League seriously.  We are a very good Premier League team and probably in the top 6 teams in the Europa League, including the Champions League dropouts.  We are well capable of reaching the semis of that competition, and from there, with a little luck, we could win it.  Qualification to the Champions League via the Europa League is a legitimate ambition for us, and another trophy too!

The biggest thing for me this season is that it's a common saying that the sign of a good team is to play badly and still win.  When we play badly, we usually lose.  We've lost, at home, to teams currently in 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th and 18th positions.  18 points available, 0 scored.  Just 4 points from those games would give a very different spin to the end of the season.  You just can't turn up for 3 games out of 5 and expect to finish top 4 and realistically I think that's what we've done.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed at the weekend but if it doesn't go our way, then it's still been a great season.  Disrupting the big 6 again and a magnificent trophy in the cabinet.

• Like 2

Can’t complain really both west brom and burnley gave it a good go. The football gods (or referees) just went against us. 

I genuinely didn’t expect more than a half ass effort from any of them 

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

And you would never have known that we've been in the top 4 all season until tonight!!!

You honestly thinking winning the FA Cup eases that pain?...

Doesn't for me at all.

Winning the fa cup doesn’t ease the pain? Wow

Since we've already won a EL place with the FA Cup - if we finish in a EL spot (rather than CL) - an extra team below us should get in the EL, too, right?  This means that Spurs could have even more to play for on Sunday :(

Liverpool will smash Palace at home with their fans there. This was always going to be the nervy one for them. 

Aston Villa are decent on their day and at home, will have a decent shot at a win/draw but again, Chelsea will be obvious favourites. 

You never know, but like tonight, I refuse to get my hopes up too much.

I'm still buzzing about the FA Cup, so that helps with this disappointment, which it no doubt is. 

We ran out of steam again and suffered from a combination of a lack of quality squad depth, key injuries and having some young inexperienced players that are great one week, but make mistakes the next.

Finish the season with a thumping win against Spurs in front of our fans, and Villa may just deliver on the day for us too. 

Anyone feeling down, I advice you to watch this... 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else think we'll beat Spurs and one of Liverpool or Chelsea will drop points on Sunday?

Villa maybe, 5% chance. 

No way a Hodgson team is gonna do anything but lay down and bend over.