Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

This is an absolute myth, there’s some brilliant players in sides making the Europa League. Where are they all going to go?

I don’t think we’ve got many players at this club who’d be short-sighted enough to look at what this club is achieving and think we aren’t capable of more. New training ground, stadium expansions and some sexy new silverware in the cabinet. 

if they want to jump ship because they won’t dig in then bye, they’re not the characters we want here. 

Our better players are enjoying themselves too much, and are very young. They have plenty of time yet to play in the Champions League.

The Europa League is quite a slog, and needs to get rid of the CL dropouts. Apart from the insult, it makes for too many games. 

Getting used to playing midweek in Europe is good experience for the club. Rome wasn't built in a day.

And we won the FA Cup. That's worth far more than some TV money.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

And you would never have known that we've been in the top 4 all season until tonight!!!

You honestly thinking winning the FA Cup eases that pain?...

Doesn't for me at all.

Dont worry I havent forgot, the FA Cup is something I will remember for the rest of my life however 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t complain really both west brom and burnley gave it a good go. The football gods (or referees) just went against us. 

I genuinely didn’t expect more than a half ass effort from any of them 

I'd agree with this, Baggies especially were fantastic and didn't deserve to lose at all. Burnley had a crack, but can't score a goal to save their lives. The really sad thing is that both these shit teams have given Liverpool a much tougher game than Manchester United and their billion pound wastrels.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Did we bottle it or did we shift all the focus into the cup? :dunno:

Wouldn’t say we bottled this year. Last year absolutely. 

This season we have just been a little unlucky with the big clubs picking up form at crucial times. We slipped up against a Newcastle side who were bang up for it and Southampton... these games happen to everyone.

other than that, I can only think of the palace draw as a game we really messed up in. We lost to the better teams in the other games imo

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

We won the FA cup 4 days ago, aren't going to finisher lower than 5th in the prem and half of you are acting like we've been relegated back to league 1. 

Europa League 1

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

All we can do is beat Spurs and hope Chelsea or Liverpool drop points. Stranger things have happened 

Can’t see Liverpool slipping up but there is that outside chance of Villa getting something v Chelsea

We have to beat Spuds first though

Just now, orangecity23 said:

I'd agree with this, Baggies especially were fantastic and didn't deserve to lose at all. Burnley had a crack, but can't score a goal to save their lives. The really sad thing is that both these shit teams have given Liverpool a much tougher game than Manchester United and their billion pound wastrels.

Don’t get me started mate. We are going to lose out because Man U rolled over and man city’s main boy decided to kermorgant a pen. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsox said:

Our better players are enjoying themselves too much, and are very young. They have plenty of time yet to play in the Champions League.

The Europa League is quite a slog, and needs to get rid of the CL dropouts. Apart from the insult, it makes for too many games. 

Getting used to playing midweek in Europe is good experience for the club. Rome wasn't built in a day.

And we won the FA Cup. That's worth far more than some TV money.

The format changes next season. 

If you win your group, you are automatically put into the Round of 16. 

Those who finish 2nd in the groups have to play the CL dropouts. 

So if anything like this season where we win the group,  we’d have a gap of December through to March of no European football. The games would be the same amount as a run to the CL final 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We won the FA cup 4 days ago, aren't going to finisher lower than 5th in the prem and half of you are acting like we've been relegated back to league 1. 

It's such a strange place on here, some very angry/miserable people

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Anyone else think we'll beat Spurs and one of Liverpool or Chelsea will drop points on Sunday?

I can see Chelsea drawing at Villa. 

Just don't know about us. 

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I enjoy the Europa League but I don't like that half our league games are moved to Sunday 5pm.

You can argue tactics, shape, personnel, injuries, spirit, ‘bottle’ etc until you are blue in the face.

But ultimately winning football matches is down to taking your chances and not making unforced errors at the back. We have been guilty of too many of both, last night’s defeat at Chelsea a clear case in point.

I said it at the time and I still believe that Vardy’s late miss at Southampton was the turning point in our bid for the top four.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Don't panic, spurs gonna let us twat them 14-0 to keep scousers out of top 4. :cool:

Imagine they fielded such a weak team on purpose the comments from lpool supporters lol. Wont happen though as they will want to finish ahead of arsenal

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Which has been largely caused by the injuries. Once Barnes was fcuked, we lacked pace going forward. Compounded by Justin as well. 

Absolutely gotta get a winger in with the ability to take a player on. 

That back five worked at the very start of the season in part because of Barnes ability to get you up the pitch 

We certainly lack pace looking at the way that Liverpool and Chelsea break out. Barnes was a big loss. 

5 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Since we've already won a EL place with the FA Cup - if we finish in a EL spot (rather than CL) - an extra team below us should get in the EL, too, right?  This means that Spurs could have even more to play for on Sunday :(

6th will be EL 

7th will be ECL