Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, leicesterisme said:

It's such a strange place on here, some very angry/miserable people

It’s pushing me to take a bit of a break to be honest. Not good for the old swede. 

• Like 1

Just now, Koke said:

I enjoy the Europa League but I don't like that half our league games are moved to Sunday 5pm.

Yea thats abit shit. But I'd rather be doing that than travelling to scunthorpe again so every cloud and all that :)

Just now, Bert said:

The worst thing about it is that we could actually end up missing out on goal difference. 

We are gonna miss out on GD. Liverpool will smash Palace to pieces and we will scrape a 2-1 win over Spurs.

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The format changes next season. 

If you win your group, you are automatically put into the Round of 16. 

Those who finish 2nd in the groups have to play the CL dropouts. 

So if anything like this season where we win the group,  we’d have a gap of December through to March of no European football. The games would be the same amount as a run to the CL final 

The Europa League has benefitted from the changes. We aren’t quite ready for CL yet, and could have got a stinker of a group. If we make CL great but I’m not turning my nose up at EL football 

Guest Col city fan

For all those suggesting we should be over the moon because we’ve won the FA cup and probably come 5th, you’re lying to yourselves.

‘FA cup win, yes..... amazing

League... it’s gotta be looked at in context. Given where we were,  we aren’t overjoyed that we’ve probably come 5th, we are disappointed because we’ve now probably come 5th. Huge difference

Or let me ask you this: 6 weeks ago would you have been happy to come 5th? Nah...

We have undoubtedly shot ourselves in the foot at times this season, but, as with last season, we are fighting off two of the biggest clubs in Europe with a bench that includes two players pushing 40, somebody with an average loan spell at Burton Albion, and Daniel Amartey. It was always going to be tough.

There's a reason that the same clubs qualify year in year out for it, they have resources far and away above ours. We are still living in the greatest period in the entire history of our club and we have a number of fans who can't stand the fact we're going to finish one or two places lower than we perhaps could have done. I'm sure fans of West Ham, Everton, Spurs, Arsenal and beyond would bite your hand off for our season. Not to mention our nearest and dearest in Nottingham, Derby, and Coventry.

It's competley understandable to be deflated at the deja vu of our minor implosion, but please get some perspective. We are still potentially 90 minutes away from the CL, and the worst case scenario is that we finish 5th with the second best trophy in England in our cabinet. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

If we could add Soumare, Edouard, Bertrand and a winger - we might be able to bridge that gap next season. Someone made the very salient point earlier that it took Klopp a couple of seasons of 'failure' before he cracked it.

And a shed load of money... 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

For all those suggesting we should be over the moon because we’ve won the FA cup and probably come 5th, you’re lying to yourselves.

League... it’s gotta be looked at in context. Given where we were,  we aren’t overjoyed that we’ve probably come 5th, we are disappointed because we’ve now probably come 5th. Huge difference

Or let me ask you this: 6 weeks ago would you have been happy to come 5th? Nah...

I'm actually quite happy about winning the FA Cup to be honest.

Still in Europe. Trophy and silverware to our name. That will never be forgotten. 

6 weeks ago would you have been happy to have been proclaimed FA Cup winners and be guaranteed a European spot going in to the final game of the season? I think so :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Would you have said 6 weeks ago we'd have won the FA cup in the this scenario? Because then yes. Yes I would be. Its the second most successful season we've ever had. 

• Like 2

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Would you have said 6 weeks ago we'd have won the FA cup in the this scenario? Because then yes. Yes I would be. Its the second most successful season we've ever had. 

sadly still not good enough :unsure:

It's going to come down to those awful home results against Fulham, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle...4 points from those and we're there. Galling considering we did the business in the main against the so called big 6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s pushing me to take a bit of a break to be honest. Not good for the old swede. 

Go through phases myself. Sometimes I go to post, have a scroll and just come off again as I don't wanna deal with the crap I'm reading.