Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest Col city fan

I have a genuine feeling if Villa turn up on Sunday, they could beat Chelsea.

‘I also wonder however if we might not beat Spuds

Just now, Tuna said:

It's going to come down to those awful home results against Fulham, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle...4 points from those and we're there. Galling considering we did the business in the main against the so called big 6.

And Palace away 

• Like 1

Just now, Tuna said:

It's going to come down to those awful home results against Fulham, Villa, West Ham, Newcastle...4 points from those and we're there. Galling considering we did the business in the main against the so called big 6.

But then Liverpool could say they wouldn't normally lose to Fulham, Brighton, Burnley at home, draw with West Brom.

Every team below the top two will say they had great chances.

Looking on the bright side....

We go into the final game with a realistic (if now minority) chance of getting CL. We also have EL guaranteed and will be able to parade the FA Cup.

Barring a spectacular cock-up by West Ham......Arsenal, Spurs & Everton have now missed out on even Europa League and will be fighting to qualify for (or avoid?) this new Euro-Conference thingy....

This is not over yet.  Yes Liverpool are home and hosed now for me, but if we do what we have to, and beat Spurs on Sunday, Villa are more than capable of getting at least a draw in front of their returning fans on Sunday, and after this last week of seeing Chelsea up close and personal, it would feel extra sweet to take the champions league place ahead of them!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I have a genuine feeling if Villa turn up on Sunday, they could beat Chelsea.

‘I also wonder however if we might not beat Spuds

Imagine that. Chelsea lose. Liverpool stumble to a draw and we get dicked at home by Spurs. Stuff of nightmares that. 

Edited by ARM1968

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

For all those suggesting we should be over the moon because we’ve won the FA cup and probably come 5th, you’re lying to yourselves.

‘FA cup win, yes..... amazing

League... it’s gotta be looked at in context. Given where we were,  we aren’t overjoyed that we’ve probably come 5th, we are disappointed because we’ve now probably come 5th. Huge difference

Or let me ask you this: 6 weeks ago would you have been happy to come 5th? Nah...

It's possible to be disappointed for not finishing top 4 yet happy at the direction the club is heading imo.

We've come up short again and it sucks, but this is the second most successful season in our history. There's bigger teams out there (and plenty of smaller ones!) who would kill to have had the season we've had. :dunno:

• Like 4

Ugh well that Alison header at the weekend pretty much sealed their place in the champs league then which is a bit gutting but we have had a few to many players off form or injured and not many players who can step in and make us just as strong. Vardy finishes off a few off his chance he has missed recently we could have got more points. But missing barnes pace hasn’t helped Ricardo taking a long time to look anything like him self, Justin being out for so long when he was playing so well and looking like the he could break into the England squad. Madders injury ruined him for the season not looked anything like he was, Perez has had moments but we could do with better next season if we want to push on.it’s not over for us yet we are back to being the under dog for the last game in the run in so that may help us get what we need. Would love nothing more for chelsea to miss out and lose their final.

To be so close again but miss out will be horrible but that didn’t stop the lads from coming back this season and putting in another very very good season so I am hopeful that if we do miss out again we will be back stronger next season with a few new quality players to give us the final push to get into the top 4 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Genuine question. 

Do some of you seriously not take joy from the cup win if we don't finish fourth?? Does that 'spoil' it for you? 

I think the two are completely separate. Everyone loved the FA Cup win and will continue to. A lot of people will be disappointed with the ending of the league season for the second year running. We will be laughed at for it for a few years to come. We are not quite Spurs level though because we actually won some silverware.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Great resilience and belief by Liverpool and Chelsea, they both deserve the position that they are in.  We are 5th for a reason.

They've got that depth of squad and quality player that £££ buys. We can't compete on that front.

Alan Smith with a "well done boys" for Arsenal earlier. 

I wish Sky would stop referring to him as a former Leicester striker as though he has any affection for the club at all.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
1 minute ago, Babylon said:

We were only 5 points clear of 5th 6 weeks ago and just lost two of our three best players of the season to injury, and everyone knew we had a difficult run in and others an way run in.

Sounds to me like some people got ahead of themselves and are now disappointed. Perhaps there is a lesson to learn there.

Yes, you could be right 👍