Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 minutes ago, Beliall said:

we have progressed though. a lot. this post was aimed more at those that are angry and dissapointed we screwed up another top4. i mean, did we really though? if chelsea and liverpool had started like they were expected too, we wouldn't have been top 4 for as long as we were

Very true, but they did start badly, and we took advantage to put ourselves in pole position to finish in top 4. And even if it was above expectation, there's no doubt that we messed up.  We all were very much aware of the difficulty of the last few games so knew that we had to sew it up earlier.

But never mind, it is what it is, and it's not done & dusted yet. And you're right, we have progressed by winning the cup.  Cross fingers for the finale :fc:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

But... so did we! Crippled with the cost of a new stadium we couldn't afford without the TV money.

Not the same as what we are discussing.

RE Champions League money v FA Cup Win

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

What was to learn..especially for ones who would have been recovering from Major injuries...

Tell me, I am so thick, I have no idea how & where we're lost ground...

Cheap Lazy shot..fella, but then again ,its only my opinion

Well, allow me to enlighten you. Throughout this season we have been second and for most of it in third place. Now at the business end of the season we are fifth by allowing others to not only catch up but overtake us. That, to my mind, is how we've lost ground. I fail to understand what you mean by "cheap lazy shot" but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert Fill said:

I know, right?

We really should have improved on last season by getting more points and winning the FA Cup.

It’s a disgrace.

Set aside the FA Cup triumph as this thread is all to do with the Premier League. I agree in terms of points we have improved but in overall position unless something drastically happens on Sunday we haven't. And why use the word disgrace, completely inappropriate.

Guest Bert Fill
11 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

And why use the word disgrace, completely inappropriate.

Eh?

Is it possible to view us as having both succeeded and failed twice in two seasons (should we finish 5th)?

Should be disappointed and criticised for not finishing 4th but also a victim, I suppose, of our own improvement.

Guest Bert Fill
13 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Set aside the FA Cup triumph as this thread is all to do with the Premier League. I agree in terms of points we have improved but in overall position unless something drastically happens on Sunday we haven't. And why use the word disgrace, completely inappropriate.

If you really can’t see how mentioning the FA Cup win alongside an improved points total and an (at worst) equal league position is justifiable and relevant in a reply to someone saying we’ve ‘lost ground’ then I doubt I’ll be able to explain it in a clear enough way for you.

Guest Bert Fill
18 minutes ago, Bert Fill said:

If you really can’t see how mentioning the FA Cup win alongside an improved points total and an (at worst) equal league position is justifiable and relevant in a reply to someone saying we’ve ‘lost ground’ then I doubt I’ll be able to explain it in a clear enough way for you.

Sorry, that’s a bit mean and unpleasant. I really should count to ten before posting stuff. But I do think it is relevant. We’ve (at worst) maintained our league position while getting more points and winning the FA Cup. That’s improvement, no?

41 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

David... let's save this argument till Sunday. 

That's how close it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

we have progressed though. a lot. this post was aimed more at those that are angry and dissapointed we screwed up another top4. i mean, did we really though? if chelsea and liverpool had started like they were expected too, we wouldn't have been top 4 for as long as we were

But they didn’t? Which gave us an exceptionally good chance to get CL with 4 points from Newcastle and a 10 man Southampton.  And we failed. Surely it’s very easy to understand why people are disappointed with this. You can guarantee Brendan and the players will be, so why shouldn’t the fans?

14 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Reference the FA Cup win....who remembers Wigan winning it?
and

Who remembers them being relegated the same season?

I remember us losing it and getting relegated in the same season.

https://www.football365.com/news/every-premier-league-club-statistical-player-season-fernandes-kane-ryan-mount

Every Premier League club’s statistical player of the season

LEICESTER CITY: Wildred Ndidi
F*** yes. As we wrote in March: ‘This is the one. Wilfred Ndidi is precisely the kind of player clubs with more sense than money will covet and teams with more money than sense will overlook. He is the Leicester lynchpin that is overshadowed by bigger characters and personalities.’ He is quite simply an elite-level ball-winner. No other Premier League player makes more successful tackles per 90 minutes.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-liverpool-chelsea-champions-league-5437275?fbclid=IwAR2iwMsiUtQIMJgJQf6BbQFM_aol4k2NvvgzJH6WmQi4y8k9s7HjpxSI_Ng

Kasper Schmeichel addresses Leicester City 'bottlers' accusation over Champions League race with Liverpool and Chelsea

When the accusation of ‘bottling’ was put to Schmeichel, he said: “That means that you’re listening to other people and I don’t listen to other people.

“If we’d lost to Newcastle in the fourth game of the season, would people be using those kinds of terms? No. It’s just because it’s at the end of the season that people say this, that and the other.

“Listen, you can lose games quite simply. That’s the reality of football. Whether you lose it on the last day or the second last day or two days into a season, a loss is a loss.

“That’s not the kind of mindset we use. I don’t think anybody really pays attention to what's said on the outside because it’s very easy to throw terms like that about and they’re not going to help us. So I don’t think anyone really pays attention.”

At Wembley on Saturday, Schmeichel became one of six players to win both the Premier League and FA Cup with City, along with Wes Morgan, Jamie Vardy, Christian Fuchs, Marc Albrighton, and Daniel Amartey.

He believes the club are in a stronger position now than they were when they were champions.

“I think undoubtedly the club is in a fantastic position,” he said. “The infrastructure is now in place to go and kick on and really begin to build.

“It's always going to be difficult for a club like Leicester to go and break into the so-called big six but here we are again trying, working really really hard and doing everything we can.

“Whether it can be in my playing time that we'll be considered in those conversations or if it will be 10-15 years down the line, what I do know is the commitment to progression and the commitment to excellence is there.

“I don't have any doubt with the leadership we have that Leicester will be considered one of the top clubs in the country.”

We could do worse than getting Kasper an exec role at the club when he’s done like Czech has done. Has shown intense loyalty, knows quality around the little things and speaks confidently.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-liverpool-chelsea-champions-league-5437275?fbclid=IwAR2iwMsiUtQIMJgJQf6BbQFM_aol4k2NvvgzJH6WmQi4y8k9s7HjpxSI_Ng

Kasper Schmeichel addresses Leicester City 'bottlers' accusation over Champions League race with Liverpool and Chelsea

When the accusation of ‘bottling’ was put to Schmeichel, he said: “That means that you’re listening to other people and I don’t listen to other people.

“If we’d lost to Newcastle in the fourth game of the season, would people be using those kinds of terms? No. It’s just because it’s at the end of the season that people say this, that and the other.

“Listen, you can lose games quite simply. That’s the reality of football. Whether you lose it on the last day or the second last day or two days into a season, a loss is a loss.

“That’s not the kind of mindset we use. I don’t think anybody really pays attention to what's said on the outside because it’s very easy to throw terms like that about and they’re not going to help us. So I don’t think anyone really pays attention.”

At Wembley on Saturday, Schmeichel became one of six players to win both the Premier League and FA Cup with City, along with Wes Morgan, Jamie Vardy, Christian Fuchs, Marc Albrighton, and Daniel Amartey.

He believes the club are in a stronger position now than they were when they were champions.

“I think undoubtedly the club is in a fantastic position,” he said. “The infrastructure is now in place to go and kick on and really begin to build.

“It's always going to be difficult for a club like Leicester to go and break into the so-called big six but here we are again trying, working really really hard and doing everything we can.

“Whether it can be in my playing time that we'll be considered in those conversations or if it will be 10-15 years down the line, what I do know is the commitment to progression and the commitment to excellence is there.

“I don't have any doubt with the leadership we have that Leicester will be considered one of the top clubs in the country.”

Kasper can say what he likes,.I love him, but this is PR

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's also correct, we've got more points than Liverpool over the last 19 games (half a season). So all that tells you is they were ahead of us at some point and we caught up. Yet we're the bottlers? Leicester with a fraction of the budget, weaker squad, loads of injuries, ahead of Spurs and Arsenal, living in Chelsea heads, equal on goal different with the champions of Europe and a couple behind a team in the champions league final, with an FA cup win and premier league title and WE'RE bottlers?

The "Bottler" stuff is shite spouted by virgins on twitter, with usernames like "MoneyMase", and shite reporters. 

Again, this press release is because we're most likely because we're not going to make top 4, so it is PR.  They could focus on the progress of a great cup run.

We all know the situation with the squad, budget and squad, nothing new.  BR has always stated that we will always be competitive where we can.  

The PR machine has come out to give it's take on a very sad end to the business end to the Premiere League.  Twice we have failed, we have improved and won the cup which is magnificent.

Having Kasper do this kind of interview is cheap, it only adds to the bottler theory, which in fairness has substance, and he is only adding to that substance by acknowledging on media.  The capitulation at the business end twice is rightfully examined, you only have to look at the stupid mistake and the goals we have let in recently, that is not the BR team pre Xmas.

47 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's also correct, we've got more points than Liverpool over the last 19 games (half a season). So all that tells you is they were ahead of us at some point and we caught up. Yet we're the bottlers? Leicester with a fraction of the budget, weaker squad, loads of injuries, ahead of Spurs and Arsenal, living in Chelsea heads, equal on goal different with the champions of Europe and a couple behind a team in the champions league final, with an FA cup win and premier league title and WE'RE bottlers?

The "Bottler" stuff is shite spouted by virgins on twitter, with usernames like "MoneyMase", and shite reporters. 

Bayern Munich in our league? :ph34r: 

Did we bottle last season ?

we took 9 points from last 9 games and most accepted we had. 

so far we’ve taken 10 points from the last eight games so a defeat on Sunday would gives us pretty much the same return as after the restart last season. 

does that mean a defeat on Sunday makes us bottlers bit a win doesn’t  ???

• Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Reference the FA Cup win....who remembers Wigan winning it?
and

Who remembers them being relegated the same season?

also

Who remembers who qualified for the Champions League that season?