Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

9 minutes ago, Strokes said:

A lot of the debt is spread out over a long period but it will hamper their financial clout until they can get the stadium rented out.

I don’t think they will have the summer they hope for and I’d be very surprised if Rodgers went there for next season.

Similar to arsenal with the Emirates, wrong to prioritise such a huge investment into the stadium in my view. Should have built the squad more 

That's a serious amount of Debt Spurs have 1.2 Billion Approx.

I wonder how much interest alone per year they are paying on that amount. ?

The smart move would be to sell some of their assets, Kane, Son etc and get the Debts below a Billion.

Even if it meant mid table for a season or two.

It's not like their going to be winning anything.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The smart move would be to sell some of their assets, Kane, Son etc and get the Debts below a Billion.

They are already a mid table team, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if levy knew about the ESL rubbish when putting that much into the stadium lol so much for that 

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

If the economy picks up post-covid as some financial experts reckon then interest rates will have to go up. Then we'll be hearing a few squeeky bums. 

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If the economy picks up post-covid as some financial experts reckon then interest rates will have to go up. Then we'll be hearing a few squeeky bums. 

Exactly. I think part of their great plan was to use the Stadium for Concerts which are not allowed currently.

They must be paying 5% surly in interest even on a long term loan.

Would guess that both Nuno and the Wolves hierarchy feel it has gone a little stale, so both have agreed to go their separate ways, so nothing suspect, quite honourable.

No way on Earth would even Levy get away with appointing Nuno, the optics would suck real bad, and that’s not because Nuno isn’t good enough, but more because of the latest direction of travel of Wolves results, performance and style.

Potter would be an eminently sensible choice for Spurs, although I am not sure Spurs is a sensible choice for Potter!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

In a nut shell, Spurs need to sell Kane and his body parts to the black market separately. 

Wonder how much it would cost for us to get his right foot swapped with Ayo’s? Part exchange? 

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would guess that both Nuno and the Wolves hierarchy feel it has gone a little stale, so both have agreed to go their separate ways, so nothing suspect, quite honourable.

No way on Earth would even Levy get away with appointing Nuno, the optics would suck real bad, and that’s not because Nuno isn’t good enough, but more because of the latest direction of travel of Wolves results, performance and style.

Potter would be an eminently sensible choice for Spurs, although I am not sure Spurs is a sensible choice for Potter!

Laurent Blanc is the man they need , he might even turn them into a team who can defend properly.

16 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Wonder how much it would cost for us to get his right foot swapped with Ayo’s? Part exchange? 

Ayo’s body would probably reject it due to its ability to make simple contact with a football. 

37 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's planning on taking some time out to be honest. He hasn't seemed himself for some time. 

I don’t think it’s helped with losing Jimenez for so long. I might be wrong but did he lose a close relative recently. 

I hope, for The Bears sake, that Wolves haven't just pulled a 'Charlton'.

A few years back Charlton had a manager that got them to regular Premier league top half (just) finishes but the Board, and the fans, thought that he was not the man to take them to 'The next Level'.

So they sacked Curbishley.

And they found their next (and rightful level )....

......The third division!!    (Ok, they call it League One now - but it is still the third division)

And they're still there.

And there they will remain.

Beware of wot you wish for - he had done absolute miracles getting the club to where they were. AND KEEPING THEM THERE. 

8 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I hope, for The Bears sake, that Wolves haven't just pulled a 'Charlton'.

A few years back Charlton had a manager that got them to regular Premier league top half (just) finishes but the Board, and the fans, thought that he was not the man to take them to 'The next Level'.

So they sacked Curbishley.

And they found their next (and rightful level )....

......The third division!!    (Ok, they call it League One now - but it is still the third division)

And they're still there.

And there they will remain.

Beware of wot you wish for - he had done absolute miracles getting the club to where they were. AND KEEPING THEM THERE. 

Not really, Curbishley declined a new contract and left when his existing one ended.

I think the issue with Spurs is that they built the stadium on projections of income pre covid. Now they will be earning significantly less money they could easily see the debt spiralling out of control. Also I'm sure I read that they initially only budgeted 400 million for the stadium when it actually ended up costing 1bn+ that's a huge difference. Also taking out a govt loan of 170 million shows they are struggling. This could possible be the end of spurs and no matter what we think of them it would be sad to see any football club disappear as they mean so much to their local communities. 

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I think the issue with Spurs is that they built the stadium on projections of income pre covid. Now they will be earning significantly less money they could easily see the debt spiralling out of control. Also I'm sure I read that they initially only budgeted 400 million for the stadium when it actually ended up costing 1bn+ that's a huge difference. Also taking out a govt loan of 170 million shows they are struggling. This could possible be the end of spurs and no matter what we think of them it would be sad to see any football club disappear as they mean so much to their local communities. 

Doubt they will disappear, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they end up like Leeds did all those years ago