Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Next season

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

I know it’s raw, but does anyone else feel completely apathetic about next season?

Genuinely feels like this season was our chance to get champions league and firmly establish ourselves as a top six club. 

Not at all. Excited for Europa League albeit not the competition we could have been in. 

I just hope we make some good transfers as there's no way we do well with extra competition next season. Our squad is nowhere near good enough to realistically compete in Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League, which we should be. 

The good news is Soyuncu, Maddison. Chilwell and Ricardo will all be back too :D

• Like 3

I'm worried about next season. Can see us struggling like 16/17. 

Europa certainly won't help, and our squad is so thin. Plus the fact after our first eleven and maybe a couple other players, rest of our squad is shite.

Need to invest but can't see it happening sufficiently

• Thanks 1

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not at all. Excited for Europa League albeit not the competition we could have been in. 

I just hope we make some good transfers as there's no way we do well with extra competition next season. Our squad is nowhere near good enough to realistically compete in Premier League, FA Cup and Europa League, which we should be. 

The good news is Soyuncu, Maddison. Chilwell and Ricardo will all be back too :D

Benko straight into the team, haven't got time to piss around anymore.Thomas and Hirst into the squad . Buy Mitrovic asap.

Nope, it’s obviously not trendy right now, but all things considered I’m more than content with what we’ve achieved taking the season as a whole (not how it ended I hasten to add), the squad we have to build on, the direction the club is heading, and still having one of the best owners in world sport.

Is there work to be done? Ofcourse. Am I entirely convinced by the manager’s decisions? Not entirely, but as a whole, LCFC is in a healthy position up the top end of the table of the highest league in the country, with some of the best players in Europe.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

I know it’s raw, but does anyone else feel completely apathetic about next season?

Genuinely feels like this season was our chance to get champions league and firmly establish ourselves as a top six club. 

I dont think there will be an established top 6 anymore. Other teams are getting better and then you have the likes of Newcastle who could be bankrolled into it.

Although unlikely, we might get another shot at it in the future.

As for next season, reckon we'll be mid table and will get to either the last 32 or 16 of the europa league.

• Like 1

We simply didn’t deserve to be 4th basing on the second part of the season, especially after the covid break. Obviously I’d bite anyones hand off for the 5th if we were offered this before the season started, if anyone told me we'll finish above Spuds and Arse, but as things stand now, I can’t help but feel underwhelmed. We were hanging there on 3rd for ages, and kept losing points, losing and drawing games with teams we should be beating. 

I think we’ll need a few quality (think Ricardo, Tielers calibre) signings if we are not only to challenge for the top 4th next season but stay in top 6. BR looked like a miracle man in November/ early December but since then he proved he isn’t one. Our squad is wafer thin, and when the injuries and cards hit us we had to rely on the youngsters and the vets like Wes and Albrighton. I’m afraid we’ll struggle depth wise when the Europa League will start.

All in all it’s been a good season for Leicester. It’s only disappointing when you realize how close it was to being an amazing one :(  Just 3 points away!...

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

For the league, yes, and it’s been a growing feeling about the Prem as a competition in general for me over the last few years...it’s just “eh” at this point. 

Europa/Cups I’m fine with, be nice to come away with some silverware

No I'll be just as buzzing at the start of next season. I fully expect that we'll make a few signings and there's a lot to look forward to if we can build on our league position and make progress in the Europa league. With the new training ground opening and hopefully news on the stadium expansion there are a lot of other clubs' fans who will be looking enviously at us - not least Norwich, Watford and Bournemouth!

I just hope those behinds the scenes (Above the management), management and perhaps players themselves (Although I don't believe they're happy playing in this style) question what direction and what style of play this club is going in.

I just hope they can see that its counter productive, negative and just causes problems for ourselves.

I think we played pretty well today generally, with less (Shock) possesion, more or less even, none of this possession without purpose nonesense. I thought we were quite positive today only undone but surprise surprise mistakes by pissing about.

The one thing I can see myself getting annoyed with is if (And I think there is a very big chance of this happening) our form isn't great next season it'll be blamed on us playing in the Europa League, I can see it already.

Do I think we'll have a better chance of making top 4? Well we take it season by season, I thought we our team was good enough for top 4 this season mainly because I feel the league was/is poor, we had our chance and blew it. Those teams I felt we had a good chance of 'mixing it' with have improved and we are now a fair way off them again.

But my main issue and something I hope we learn from, change or improve dramatically is our style of play, please can the powers that be assess it and see it for what it is. Dire.

Edited by Matt