Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Next season

Really concerned about next season for a number of reasons. 

If our form is due to tiredness we have less of a break than lockdown before the next one starts and I can’t see us signing loads of players that will improve us as I can’t see us having the money to spend. 

Or if the team have been found out and Rodgers doesn’t have a plan B then I fear we are in for a slog.

Personally I can’t see us having much to spend and I think if we have a tough start Rodgers might be gone by Xmas. 

Think we should still be targeting the wrongs of this season and aim for the top 4 spot. If we fall then so be it but that has to be the target. 

Europa League is a new avenue but looking at English clubs in recent years, there's no reason why we can't go far.

Will be an interesting season but still a strange one until we have fans back in the stands.

1 minute ago, Blue ROI said:

Ryan Bennett the only newcomer since January.

Really whets the appetite for what Congerton has in store for next season.

Bennett was a desperate signing, but we needed cover.

I need to see some good activity in the transfer market, personally. There needs to be more intent with players we’re signing. Unless we bring in some genuine quality we’re just going round in circles I’m afraid. I’m not sure how finishing 5th is going to impact our summer business, I don’t think it plays too much of a part because when we won the league we hardly signed anybody who set the world alight but I’d like to think (really really hope) Brendan has an idea of what he wants and the club can back him and we can attract those targets. 

17 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think we will lose players like Ricardo and Maddison as a result of not qualifying for the CL. We could find it hard going. 

They’re not going anywhere while injured. Out till October aren’t they?

16 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I think we will lose players like Ricardo and Maddison as a result of not qualifying for the CL. We could find it hard going. 

The biggest concern for me is replacing them. Even though we already have Justin, I don't think he's good enough, yet. As for Maddison, we don't have anyone more creative.

City gained 24pts from their final 22 PL matches. Averaged over an entire season, that would equate to 41pts. with 10 wins, 11 draws and 17 defeats. That would be mean finishing in the bottom six. Finishing 5th from the top is a fantastic achievement, but based on their form since mid-December, next season they could easily finish 5th from bottom!    

I think a lot depends on how we respond to the mistakes made in the second half of the season. If we can learn the lessons then this team is a bloody good team, if we're still making brainless individual errors then it's going to be very tough.

A lot also depends on our recruitment. We have a first hugely talented first 11 and very little quality beyond that. We need to spend some good money on some good players.

Edited by Paddy.

I have to say that after so many years, I've never been so despondent. I  was even more hopeful after our drop into the 1st division. I just see the club in the hands of a media hyped fraudster that is going to piss our money away and it's effectively going to take years to recover. First time I've been tempted not to renew my season ticket but then I  realised that managers don't stay forever and unless his ineptness completely cons Top into bankruptcy, the club will always regroup and return yet again. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I have to say that after so many years, I've never been so despondent. I  was even more hopeful after our drop into the 1st division. I just see the club in the hands of a media hyped fraudster that is going to piss our money away and it's effectively going to take years to recover. First time I've been tempted not to renew my season ticket but then I  realised that managers don't stay forever and unless his ineptness completely cons Top into bankruptcy, the club will always regroup and return yet again. 

F**king hell god knows you would have felt if we had got relegated 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow

Just now, copunk said:

F**king hell god knows you would have felt if we had got relegated 

I've been through relegation several times over the decades with this club, sadly it's gone with the territory and sometimes for valid reasons ie we weren't good enough due to the size and monetary input of the club. We have a very decent talented young squad now and this feels different somehow, it feels as if we're being conned.

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I've been through relegation several times over the decades with this club, sadly it's gone with the territory and sometimes for valid reasons ie we weren't good enough due to the size and monetary input of the club. We have a very decent talented young squad now and this feels different somehow, it feels as if we're being conned.

Compared to the clubs above us, that's still the case.

Edited by Webbo

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

If you don't want your season ticket hand it over! There are plenty of us that would love one!