Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Fair enough mate, I never seen it but happy to stand corrected in light of that. We're no different to any other club in that we have a brainless minority.

I agree with your last sentiments however Celtic seem to have a hell of a lot more than other clubs. Especially when it comes to the pro IRA singing too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Fair enough mate, I never seen it but happy to stand corrected in light of that. We're no different to any other club in that we have a brainless minority.

Sorry pal but you're a lot different to "any other club."

Every club has idiots that let it down but most are a genuinely fractional minority, even Forest and Leeds fans singing about "Pakis" at Leicester we'd have to be honest and say is a tiny bunch of idiots that the rest are ashamed of. 

Not sure you can really claim the sectarian knuckle draggers that get involved with the Old Firm are just like any other club. Minority? Yeah sure and I don't doubt good folk like you still find it embarrassing. 

But it's a much bigger minority than the idiots at "any other club", certainly in the UK. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Went up for the friendly and they were holding Russian flags up because of what happened in Marsielle. 

Actually can't stand septic

Blokes waving Gibraltar flags in the Atleti away end when we went there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Blokes waving Gibraltar flags in the Atleti away end when we went there.

I was sat not too far in front of that particular group. Complete and utter twats who I hope got banning orders. Spent the entire game singing about Gibraltar, goading the surprisingly restrained police and vandalising the stadium. Completely and utterly embarrassing and their 'support' is not welcomed by me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If this does happen then hopefully it's behind closed doors so we don't have to suffer our ends turning it into some weird Rangers love-in.

Exactly both Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other. Hate them both equally as I do any other club that think it's acceptable to be sectarian. It makes me ashamed that people still think that way in Britain in 2020

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I agree with your last sentiments however Celtic seem to have a hell of a lot more than other clubs. Especially when it comes to the pro IRA singing too. 

I don't think that's a very informed statement, I've been a season ticket holder and haven't heard any pro-IRA singing, at home games anyway in most of that time. Fact we have 60k fans every week maybe highlights the brainless minority more but that's not a football thing it's a society thing, similar to the racist issues we're still seeing at grounds in England.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Exactly both Rangers and Celtic are as bad as each other. Hate them both equally as I do any other club that think it's acceptable to be sectarian. It makes me ashamed that people still think that way in Britain in 2020

Like I said it's a society thing though, Celtic in particular have done a lot to rid the club of this element. Same way we still see racist abuse at grounds in England, it's not the clubs fault but society's.

5 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I was sat not too far in front of that particular group. Complete and utter twats who I hope got banning orders. Spent the entire game singing about Gibraltar, goading the surprisingly restrained police and vandalising the stadium. Completely and utterly embarrassing and their 'support' is not welcomed by me. 

Yep I lost my mates when we were trying to find our seats. Ended up going up the wrong stairs when this bloke passed me a plastic wrapped flag. I was more than half cut so it took me a moment to realise what it was but I just dropped it. I thought it might have been a club thing before I realised what they were but these blokes were handing them out out of a ruck sack.

Clearly something that they intended to do. Sat there laughing about it.

Proper embarrassing stuff. Not like they were kids either. Must have been 40+

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry pal but you're a lot different to "any other club."

Every club has idiots that let it down but most are a genuinely fractional minority, even Forest and Leeds fans singing about "Pakis" at Leicester we'd have to be honest and say is a tiny bunch of idiots that the rest are ashamed of. 

Not sure you can really claim the sectarian knuckle draggers that get involved with the Old Firm are just like any other club. Minority? Yeah sure and I don't doubt good folk like you still find it embarrassing. 

But it's a much bigger minority than the idiots at "any other club", certainly in the UK. 

Your entitled to your opinion but your off the mark, maybe years ago it wasn't so small a minority but now it is tiny and I'm saying that from experience.

For example has anyone on here actually been to a Celtic game in the last 5 or 10 years?

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Like I said it's a society thing though, Celtic in particular have done a lot to rid the club of this element. Same way we still see racist abuse at grounds in England, it's not the clubs fault but society's.

I agree that there is still in issue in England with racism in football and society and I obviously condemn that as well. However from the outside looking in the issue seems to be a whole lot worse in Scottish football than English football. There are whole clubs in Scotland where it seems to be built into the culture which I don't believe is the case in England. I'm not going to pretend I'm a Scottish football expert (I'm certainly am not) it's just the impression I have of it. I'd be more happy to be corrected. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yep I lost my mates when we were trying to find our seats. Ended up going up the wrong stairs when this bloke passed me a plastic wrapped flag. I was more than half cut so it took me a moment to realise what it was but I just dropped it. I thought it might have been a club thing before I realised what they were but these blokes were handing them out out of a ruck sack.

Christ on the proverbial bike. To some people it's just a bloody land grab, crazy backward looking stuff to a less than glorious empire. 

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah all middle aged men from what I saw, probably all have kids, shocking to say the least. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

I agree that there is still in issue in England with racism in football and society and I obviously condemn that as well. However from the outside looking in the issue seems to be a whole lot worse in Scottish football than English football. There are whole clubs in Scotland where it seems to be built into the culture which I don't believe is the case in England. I'm not going to pretend I'm a Scottish football expert (I'm certainly am not) it's just the impression I have of it. I'd be more happy to be corrected. 

Well that's the issue I have people are perhaps not close enough to it to judge and are forming opinions here on widely held beliefs and beliefs that were justifiable 10-20 years ago. The whole catholic/protestant thing really isn't all that much of an issue now, certainly not at games anyway. You have your idiots on social media etc who still have their platform of course but the whole religon aspect is generally not a big thing anymore.

I’d look forwards to this game. 

I always see Celtic a bit like Newcastle. Massive fan base, constrained by being not that attractive to go to.

By being not that attractive to go to, I mean weather wise, it isn’t London etc. No different to Leicester, we aren’t attractive from that point of view either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’d look forwards to this game. 

I always see Celtic a bit like Newcastle. Massive fan base, constrained by being not that attractive to go to.

By being not that attractive to go to, I mean weather wise, it isn’t London etc. No different to Leicester, we aren’t attractive from that point of view either. 

Don't you like horizontal rain and driving wind 11 months of the year? You don't know your born son :P

Agree with the general point though.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Well that's the issue I have people are perhaps not close enough to it to judge and are forming opinions here on widely held beliefs and beliefs that were justifiable 10-20 years ago. The whole catholic/protestant thing really isn't all that much of an issue now, certainly not at games anyway. You have your idiots on social media etc who still have their platform of course but the whole religon aspect is generally not a big thing anymore.

If that's true that is certainly positive progress and I'm glad things are moving in the right direction. 

I think part of the issue will be that I like a lot of people don't follow Scottish football regularly so only take notice when incidents do happen. In the last couple of years I can remember incidents with Kyle Lafferty as well as the whole IRA song about Rodgers which have really shocked me. But I accept that those kind for things are probably happening less than in the past. It is unacceptable none the less. 

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Don't you like horizontal rain and driving wind 11 months of the year? You don't know your born son :P

Agree with the general point though.

Funnily enough! It isn’t for me! :D

I think you’d have the potential to grow, should you be in the Premier League. I’m not sure how well adapted the current squad would be, as I think you lack the quality of previous generations currently. I don’t get the impression that Lennon is the greatest Manager either, so I wonder if that also constricts you. 

• Haha 1