Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gevans_97

Awful Football Opinions

31 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I think it was this season, a Sunday. We were playing Burnley in the first game and Liverpool and Manchester United were playing the second. There was hardly any talk about our game and even at half time it was all the other game. It didn't seem to occur to Sky that those of us watching our game might be more interested in that than Man U. 

Exactly this. 

22 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Keeping fans of the bigger clubs happy is all they are interested in as they know that's where the money is. I can't even imagine how much fans of clubs in the EFL must despise the PL right now.

Its  not really though is it? If every single football fan of the other 66 league clubs cancelled because of Sky incessant big six wankfest I am sure their profits would be down quite a bit. Apart from the fact gets naff all money, the coverage for the EFL is a least a little less biased, mainly because they couldn't give a shit about any of the teams!

44 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

All premier league pitches are exactly the same size 😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not true. 

KP is 114.8 yards by 74.4 yards 

Etihad 116 yards by 77 yards

I presumed that Abrasive fox is suggesting that those who say "all PL pitches are exactly the same size" are part of the awful football opinions brigade?

Edit: He's just confirmed that he did actually think all PL pitches were the same size.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Just now, Corky said:

Jason Roberts wondering if our owners expected top four when they sacked Ranieri who was 17th at the time.

The Ranieri sacking showed up a lot of pundits for being incredibly stupid. Got fed up of being told how to think as a supporter of my own club.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Garth Crooks talks crap about everything and everyone. And I get just as tired of our own fans proving their ignorance of other teams too.

I'll give you an age-old retro gripe I have. In 1994, when we finally won a play-off final, the Grauniad/Observer had a pre-season review of every team for the coming season. They proved their utter ignorance of our club by claiming that Paul Kerr was in our squad. I wrote to them to point this out, and to their credit, they printed it.

Maybe they were confused because his brother Wan was in our squad for the 93-94 season. :ph34r:

image.jpeg

• Haha 2

One of our first matches on Sky last season (think it was Chelsea away) was following the usual pre-match punditry script. After completing the Chelsea build up they came to our slot (after the adverts). First question, how do you think Leicester will cope without Harry Maguire? The next 10 minutes was spent talking about what a good player he is and how he'll fit in the ManU team. Nothing about our team selection or how we'll set up etc. Complete bollox. 

Pearson had it right when he gave the Sky 'experts' some advice after a match. 

32 minutes ago, kingfox said:

A lot of pundits like to suck up to James Maddison, probably because he’s English. “Maddison is Leicester’s best player”.

That annoys me when we know he ain’t even top 5.

The knowledge about any teams outside the "big 6" is very limited. It gets worse when its European games or International tournaments. Last night all Ferdinand could muster was "mbappe and neymar". They seem to know 1 or 2 players, usually ones that have played for a big club before and just talk about them. 

It's no suprise to me that fan TV channels are so popular on YouTube because, for all their faults, the conversation is much more detailed and with genuine knowledge of the teams.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

No consideration as to how that would impact us financially. No consideration as to how much money KP had invested into the club. No consideration as to how the clubs ambitions etc. Went beyond being a one off fairy tale. As far as they were concerned, we were lucky to be in the PL let alone champions. And most worryingly, there was no consideration from football people how much of an impact it would have on the club if we didn’t bounce back within 2-3 years - such disregard given the state of some clubs by patrons of the sport was shocking. 

And no consideration as to why we were doing badly which largely stemmed from Ranieri trying to change the ethos and style to something that didn't work and "losing the dressing room" in the process.

If we were playing well in every game but being unlucky, or if teams had worked us out, then CR would have deserved the benefit of the doubt and should have been given time to work it out, but that wasn't the case. As much as I love Ranieri for 15/16 he was just all over the place the following season and sadly had to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I get fed up of teams like Spurs and Arsenal being bummed by commentators, every time we play them, the commentators just talk about them the whole way through. 

Harry Kane is spoken about as if he is god and don't get me started on the way they over rate the spurs midfield! 

Then they go on about Arsenal, they've not even been in the top 6 consistently in the last decade! Our last 5 years have been more successful than Arsenal's!

Discounting this season, Arsenal have finished 5th, 6th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd and 4th. If that's not finishing "consistently in the top 6" then what is?

Ironic to post this in this thread :ph34r:

When it comes to punditry, the problem is these guys have so many media commitments that they spend more time 'talking the game' than they actually do researching it. 

• Haha 1

Anything that has no foundation or credibility to it and just seems to stick purely 'because' 

For instance, what is Stoke's record actually like on a cold rainy Tuesday night? 

People's expectation of how Sheffield United play before the season had even started.

People assuming we still play the same direct football because Vardy is still upfront and 'is fast'

Also, paid pundits who are supposed to be informative who feed such stereotypes and are just not useful in the slightest with their lack of research which in turn dumbs down the views and opinions of a lot of fans as this is where their information is coming from.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1