Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gevans_97

Awful Football Opinions

That sticking someone big upfront, and hitting crosses into the box for them isn't an appropriate plan b when you need goal in the last 5-10 minutes.

5 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It's a bit if a myth though really. Yes for individual games they may attract a larger audience/crowd, but overall the other 66 clubs that are just there to make up the numbers have a far bigger audience share.

Putting these 6 teams on a constant spunkfest loop, even to the point of forcing through transfers is completely infuriating. I think many normal fans are getting so pissed off with the bias, Sky will eventually lose subscribers because of this.

no they wont..!!!

if its the only Way they can See live (highlights) football...Plus ex-players bias..are also fun,  but secondary to the Real event.....

Criticise Sky, Till the Cows come home,but they provide what some People cant get Anywhere else...and its Sports Coverage is Funny & entertaining....

Deliberate or unplanned...

Like conceited,arrogant " I know better" pundits on Foxestalk..!!! :crylaugh:

25 minutes ago, Wizerud said:

Celtic would survive in the Premier League.

Yes deffo..Then they would get The Financial Budget to compete in Top 4-6....comfortably!!

Their International following & Clout is massive..I

A few amateures on here,dont know their stuff...

Another foxestalk thread that incorrectly unknowledgably criticises... "The others".  & Not just Celtic/other clubs/other pundits....

Though my(this) post is doing just the  same....but I am putting down on the people,who Enjoy taking the piss & criticising "The others" every fking time..!!

Discussion & debate,is Not about the best critic,but the true honest observer covering the whole spectrum....before pulling the cynical-shotgun...

Edited by fuchsntf

For me Garth Crooks is the epitome of the awful, smug, pundit who actually knows very little about any clubs outside the obvious. 

I'll never forget him speaking during 2015/16 when we were emerging as genuine title contenders. Another game and another win for us coincided with a day when Arsenal lost and Crooks offered "...... I know Leicester are top, and it's nice, and it's fun, but the real story here is Arsenal ...... " patronising tw@! 

I also read somewhere that Jermaine Jenas was amongst the BBC's highest earners. Why? For trite comment of the day? There are other dreadful ones like Savage and Sutton, but they are almost beneath contempt because they only exist to seek attention. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think it was this season, a Sunday. We were playing Burnley in the first game and Liverpool and Manchester United were playing the second. There was hardly any talk about our game and even at half time it was all the other game. It didn't seem to occur to Sky that those of us watching our game might be more interested in that than Man U. 

Oh my God that happened on Supersport too.

Even when our game was 1 minute away they were still talking about united and Liverpool I laughed so much

10 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Excuse me?

Vardy.

Ricardo.

Ndidi .

Evans.

Barnes.

Soyuncu.

Kasper.

All this season have contributed more than James Madison,and like my dad always said, as a football player you're only as good as your last season

3 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Discounting this season, Arsenal have finished 5th, 6th, 5th, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd and 4th. If that's not finishing "consistently in the top 6" then what is?

Ironic to post this in this thread :ph34r:

When it comes to punditry, the problem is these guys have so many media commitments that they spend more time 'talking the game' than they actually do researching it. 

Yer ok Arsenal not the best example but still applies to Spurs though. Just hate how they never stop talking about them. 

People who are fans of the "big" clubs who, when you talk to them, it quickly becomes apparent they don't have a firm grasp on the rules of football and can't name any players of "their" team beyond the star names and they've never seen said team play beyond television coverage.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Ndidi

Vardy

Are far more important than he is.

1. Surely important and best are two separate things

2. Even if they’re not, you can have Vardy and Ricardo in there but not a chance of the rest. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

1. Surely important and best are two separate things

2. Even if they’re not, you can have Vardy and Ricardo in there but not a chance of the rest. 

I was gonna say, they are all replaceable aside from Vardy and Ricardo for me.

I must have heard 20 pundits claim that we won the League with long balls from Drinkwater to Vardy, something that also strangely caught on with a minority of our supporters. If they actually watched us that season or they spent 5 minutes watching the goals from 15/16, they'd realise that the Drink/Vardy thing happened about 3/4 times.

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

People who are fans of the "big" clubs who, when you talk to them, it quickly becomes apparent they don't have a firm grasp on the rules of football and can't name any players of "their" team beyond the star names and they've never seen said team play beyond television coverage.

That especially does my head in when I meet people in Scotland who claim to be Man Utd, Liverpool or Barcelona supporters particularly. Bore off.

I can't remember which co-commentator it was but I remember watching a Man City game once and he referred to Sterling as having "pace and power". What power does 5'7 Raheem Sterling have? Talk about unintelligent lazy stereotyping. 

7 hours ago, kingfox said:

A lot of pundits like to suck up to James Maddison, probably because he’s English. “Maddison is Leicester’s best player”.

That annoys me when we know he ain’t even top 5.

He is though.  In my opinion.  Who are the 'we' you refer to?

Under Puel, as recent as late 2018 and early 2019, we had pundits like Paul Merson and Danny Mills still referring to us as a counter attacking team. We had been a possession based team for a good 18-20 months by then.

"You know what Leicester will do. They will sit  back and use the ball over the top to Vardy" 

20200811_225814.jpg.67679092fa6dce453617c5b37dba082d.jpg

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

None of those are 'far more important'. Tielemans, praet, perez cant offer the same as what maddison does to the team, he's vital to the way we play.

What? His 6 goals a billion shots or his 3 assists? I think you're actually proving his point. I think maddison stifles Tielemans and doesn't allow him to be his best(this is evident by how much better tielemans was without him). So how is he integral if he is in a sort of way limiting our best passer of the ball

The fact most of the media didn’t have a clue who owned the club.It took his tragic death for them to even acknowledge him.Even during the title win he hardly got a mention.

Actually can’t stand the vast majority of the sports media.Great knowledge of the top six granted.Basic knowledge (at best)of the rest of the P/L.Lower than that and it’s incredibly limited to say the least.