Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gevans_97

Awful Football Opinions

Guest Col city fan

I’ve got two for you

Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a defensive midfielder

Lee Clattermole would be better for us than Esteban Cambiclasso

Col c. 2014/15/16 ish

:sweating:

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

None of those are 'far more important'. Tielemans, praet, perez cant offer the same as what maddison does to the team, he's vital to the way we play.

6 goals and 3 assists doesn’t class him as vital.

Ayoze Perez contributed more than him last season.

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

6 goals and 3 assists doesn’t class him as vital.

Ayoze Perez contributed more than him last season.

G + A arent everything, chilwell has more than pereira this year. Maddison is our best midfielder at progressing up the field with the ball at his feet, he's our most press resistant midfielder and he's our best midfielder at picking up pockets of space around the opponent's box. Tielemans is as good as him when on form imo but praet can do a similar job to tielemans which is why i said maddison is more vital, we dont have an adequate backup to him. Perez is a completely different player who doesnt really have best position for us at the moment.

I remember watching a game where we got a free kick and the commentator said Vardy has got to be one of the contenders to take this. I was raging that someone with so little knowledge of football could be a pundit. But then Vardy actually took it and made me look a right mug. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That especially does my head in when I meet people in Scotland who claim to be Man Utd, Liverpool or Barcelona supporters particularly. Bore off.

Personally I respect any fan who supports their local team or the team from where they grew up. Yes, even Cov and Florist fans. Even Man Utd fans, if they happen to be that rare thing, a Mancunian. The amount of support Liverpool and Man Utd get in Ireland and Scotland is annoying because of supposed links that haven't existed for decades.

Having said that, one of the weirdest supporting dynamics I find is in Scotland, where often people support a football team on the basis of their religion. Utterly bizarre!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Pundits saying we're good from set pieces annoys me like mad. 

33 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm guessing that's a relic from the MON days. If a pundit can say that now, they should probably rethink their career choice.

It's so annoying.

It's the equivalent to a commentator in the 1940s saying what a close knit team we were, due to the bonding they all developed pulling together to survive the Battle of the Somme.

(1916 for the less historically educated)

6 minutes ago, Walkers said:

You should be allowed to support a football club of your choice, even if you are a 10yo from Surrey supporting Man Utd, without being looked down on by other fans

It's the other way round. I think the argument is cherry picking a club is so that you can look down on other fans that support their own 'lesser' clubs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Ranieri sacking showed up a lot of pundits for being incredibly stupid. Got fed up of being told how to think as a supporter of my own club.

Understandable though. The way it appeared externally was terrible but internally completely different. 

After that Swansea away game I knew it was time for Claudio to go deep down.

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's the other way round. I think the argument is cherry picking a club is so that you can look down on other fans that support their own 'lesser' clubs. 

Probs got this wrong tbh, what I said was my opinion on it, I just think its unpopular lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

My favourite litmus test to tell if a football fan knows their stuff at the moment is to ask who is better out of Söyüncü or Evans.

The 'hipsters' will say Söyüncü.

The correct answer is obviously Evans.

Evans is of course the correct answer.

Shame the season ended so badly for both.

As for fans getting triggered by pundits, never let it stress you.

We as fans focus entirely on what we do. They get snippets from afar.

They'll rarely be in tune with what us fans think.

Then again, the vast differences in opinion on players / tactics etc within our own fanbase is pretty wide!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Evans is of course the correct answer.

Shame the season ended so badly for both.

As for fans getting triggered by pundits, never let it stress you.

We as fans focus entirely on what we do. They get snippets from afar.

They'll rarely be in tune with what us fans think.

Then again, the vast differences in opinion on players / tactics etc within our own fanbase is pretty wide!

To your pundits point.  When I read in a paper or see on tv  journos taking about something I have knowledge about I realise how thin their understanding is.  Similarly when pundits talk about lcfc it is clear they know f all.  Eg still blowing smoke up chilly when his form has been off most of the season.  This has caused me to realise that they must be talking bill ocks  about all the other clubs too.

I exclude from this people who follow all games of a club... like say piper in our case. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I can’t stand the bloke anyway, but anything that came out of Gary Lineker’s mouth in and around the time we sacked Ranieri. 

Yeah, Lineker is so out of touch with the match going LCFC fan that it’s painful at times seeing as he seems to want to be a voice of ‘the Leicester fan’ so much...

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

To give you an example of one pundit, Danny Higginbotham, he speaks to local journalists and club staff as part of his pre match prep to get a better understanding of the teams he's covering.

He's outstanding too, one of the very best.

I can’t stand him as a pundit and found his commentary on the recent football league playoff games I watched quite shoddy at times!

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Yeah, Lineker is so out of touch with the match going LCFC fan that it’s painful at times seeing as he seems to want to be a voice of ‘the Leicester fan’ so much...

I remember in a world cup not so long back a team brought on a Goalkeeper with 1 minute to go just for the penalty shootout.

Lineker said he'd never seen it in his life...

Some fan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1