Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gevans_97

Awful Football Opinions

16 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

You know what? I think that's a fuching brilliant idea. I think I might even take it a step further and open it up to the whole of the UK. Like a mini European competition "Battle of Britain" sort of thing. I think that would breathe new life into a competition that could really use it.

Maybe the early rounds could be teams of the same country then in the latter stages (when Premier league teams normally enter) anyone draws anyone. 

Final rotates every year between Wembley, Hampden and Millennium Stadium.

Would be great but can't see the FA being too enthusiastic to change :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

I don't think Celtic and Rangers should be in the English Premier League. Not that they couldn't compete but it would make Scottish football even more mediocre than it already is without their top teams there.

But I think the league cup should be revamped to create a cross border competition. 

Speaking as someone who attends Scottish football matches, it would be utterly glorious without Glasgow's two arsecheeks, thank you very much.

Everyone predicted financial armageddon without the "blue pound" when "The Rangers" were relegated, but we had several years of relative peace without the quarterly bigotfest, and the game continued.

If we could get rid of both Rangers and Celtic, Scottish football would be on a far more level playing field.

I have enjoyed attending grounds all over Scotland, but I wouldn't go back to Parkhead or Ibrox if you paid me. They are full of hate and anger. It's a terrible experience as a fan.

English football would be bonkers to consider letting them in and English constabularies, mindful of the battle of Manchester, wouldn't support it anyway.

• Like 1

Anyone who wants secretarian fans who send death threats for being the "wrong" faction of a religion in English football is weird.

They're hands down the 2 most vile clubs in British football. They make Millwall and Leeds seem likeable. No thanks. Some of the other Scottish clubs joining English football would be fine but Rangers and Celtic and their embarrassing political rivalry in which grown adults goad each other for being the wrong faction of a religion or the wrong side of some narcissistic nationalism. They'd have to clean that shit and association up before we should even consider them.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

Im sure its been mentioned but when brendan came from Celtic chris suttons “Celtic reserves are a bigger club than Leicester” really pixxed me off can’t stand the idiot . Used to love listening to 606 but now suttons on it i cant listen to it on a sat.

• Like 1

On 13/08/2020 at 15:33, Nalis said:

A lot of saved penalties are badly described as poor. There are a lot of penalties that are scored which are equally 'poor' but the goalie has just guessed the wrong way.

Oh my god praise the Lord for you saying this.

Equally 'great penalty' when the keeper goes wrong way and the ball is nowhere near the corner and at a good height.

5 hours ago, jimsmallman said:

Every single one of my non-Leicester supporting friends is convinced that Demarai Gray is a phenomenal footballer who is worth well over one hundred million pounds.

They genuinely all think he's absolutely brilliant.

Have you told them a chunk of leicester fans say he's a bag o shite that's had his chances and needs binning? 

On 13/08/2020 at 19:34, Gamble92 said:

I remember in a world cup not so long back a team brought on a Goalkeeper with 1 minute to go just for the penalty shootout.

Lineker said he'd never seen it in his life...

Some fan.

Netherlands bringing on Krul for penalties against Panama? 

• Thanks 1

On 13/08/2020 at 21:51, jeffschlupp said:

My favourite litmus test to tell if a football fan knows their stuff at the moment is to ask who is better out of Söyüncü or Evans.

The 'hipsters' will say Söyüncü.

The correct answer is obviously Evans.

I agree with this opinion, but interestingly enough, I saw this asked on r/soccer the other day and there was a very interesting answer from someone who played at centreback who said they'd much rather play alongside Soyuncu than Evans as Soyuncu's aggressive role is much more difficult to pull off and requires more skill than Evans's role. Food for thought if nothing else.

21 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Netherlands bringing on Krul for penalties against Panama? 

I remember that LVG was manager but it was not against Panama, Costa Rica possibly.

Edit - yep just googled it, Costa Rica. Brought him on in the 120th minute!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I remember that LVG was manager but it was not against Panama, Costa Rica possibly.

OH yeah Costa Rica. I knew it was one of those countries 

Edited by 420Hashish

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Had the opportunity to do it again in the next game against Argentina but chose not to. If only...

Not so much an awful opinion, more a football grinding gears thing but 5 things we learned/ you missed during a match report. Usually 5 things you saw, for example in the Sevilla v Man United game one thing you missed was Man United scoring a penalty according to one paper.