Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Possibly the worst post I've ever seen on here, congratulations.

This love affair with a former manager, some of you need to move on. He wasn’t the messiah and I should know I’ve followed a few.

Grown (?) men acting like love sick teenagers.

He was helpful to the progress of the club but wouldn’t have won the league.

It would be a backward step to bring him back and thankfully it won’t happen.

22 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There's so much wrong with this post:

• A difficult man - Nigel was loved by all the players almost to a man. He may have been difficult to journalists but he wasn't managing them. I assume you loved Ian Holloway? He loved a good laugh with journalists, he also took us down to league 1 for the first time in our history.
  • Idolatry - because he took us from league 1 to the Premier league. All LCFC fans should idolise him. The others you talk about can enjoy reminiscing about the glory days of the 1970s or whatever, a bygone era that is completely irrelevant to today.
  • 'Witless' - an ironic choice of word given the drivel you posted above.
  • 'Non nonsense' - see above
  • 'Not a modern manager' - Oh you mean like the young progressive Ranieri they appointed after he left (remember him?)
  • Not a manager KP wanted - he was here twice, TWICE during their tenure. I think it's fair to say they have a lot more love and respect for him than you clearly do.
  • Not the future of any top flight club - I think Bristol City fans will beg to disagree.

Thanks for your contribution. :frusty:

Hi Nigel!

22 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

There's so much wrong with this post:

• A difficult man - Nigel was loved by all the players almost to a man. He may have been difficult to journalists but he wasn't managing them. I assume you loved Ian Holloway? He loved a good laugh with journalists, he also took us down to league 1 for the first time in our history.
  • Idolatry - because he took us from league 1 to the Premier league. All LCFC fans should idolise him. The others you talk about can enjoy reminiscing about the glory days of the 1970s or whatever, a bygone era that is completely irrelevant to today.
  • 'Witless' - an ironic choice of word given the drivel you posted above.
  • 'Non nonsense' - see above
  • 'Not a modern manager' - Oh you mean like the young progressive Ranieri they appointed after he left (remember him?)
  • Not a manager KP wanted - he was here twice, TWICE during their tenure. I think it's fair to say they have a lot more love and respect for him than you clearly do.
  • Not the future of any top flight club - I think Bristol City fans will beg to disagree.

Thanks for your contribution. :frusty:

Thanks for this: saved me trying to write something similar, but your post is better than I’d have managed.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2022 at 19:49, StanSP said:

Hello is it me you're looking for?

Cause you know just what to say, and you know just what to do

Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?

Tell me how to win your heart for I haven't got a clue 

But let me start by saying, I love you

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Hello is it me you're looking for?

Cause you know just what to say, and you know just what to do

Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?

Tell me how to win your heart for I haven't got a clue 

But let me start by saying, I love you

Think my accounts been hacked lads :ph34r:

Shame it all ended so quick at watford. A bit more time and unlucky injuries otherwise I think he could have kept them up. He’s still got some chops but coming back to Lester to manage might be a bridge too far but stranger things have happened. Maybe 1 season to keep us up in case Rogers really sinks us? Good to have in the back pocket as a last resort option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seenitall said:

The same Pearson we sacked after a player revolution kept his nosediving team up in the last 9 games after he spent years having us play mediocre football in the championship and then went on to fail at Derby and a host of other clubs while ending his career in obscurity? That one? 

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

6tl4ik.jpg

7 haha reactions to these two posts for entirely different reasons! Showing the versatility of haha. 

Thanks @Sharpe's Foxfor putting that fool in his place. 

Obviously half the people on here haven't done their own research on our Nigel.

Remember before you read below that it's ok to admit you were wrong, takes courage, it's admirable to hold your hands up and say yes I didn't know all the facts, now i do, and you were right 🙌🙌🙌

Nigel Peason once fought off a pack of wolf dogs. 

1 minute ago, Heskey2011 said:

Obviously half the people on here haven't done their own research on our Nigel.

Remember before you read below that it's ok to admit you were wrong, takes courage, it's admirable to hold your hands up and say yes I didn't know all the facts, now i do, and you were right 🙌🙌🙌

Nigel Peason once fought off a pack of wolf dogs. 

A pack of morons on Foxestalk shouldn't bother him too much then

• Like 1

Just now, Daggers said:

Dear Jim’ll Fix It,

I want Nigel Pearson to cuddle me and tell me everything is going to be OK.

Hope you can fix it for me. Thank you.

Signed,

Daggers, age 50something

Erm....I don't know how to break this to you mate but Jim wasn't who you thought he was. Awkward!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Erm....I don't know how to break this to you mate but Jim wasn't who you thought he was. Awkward!

Desperate times call for desperate measures - and it can’t get much more desperate than to appeal to the ghost of the UK’s most notorious paedophile.

I think that pretty much encapsulates our current position.

• Haha 2

Just now, BrummieFOX said:

Always gets billed as old school/no-nonsense yet built one of the most progressive behind the scenes set-ups in the country where we literally had clubs from all over the world coming to hear about our practices.

Unfortunately that's all slowly been dismantled by the managers that came after him. 

Such a lazy generalisation of him. As you say the practices he implemented at the club with the sports scientists etc as well as his man management set up everything that was to come. I find the setup at the club now far more archaic 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1