Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not even but bias but I reckon that promotion side was one of the best championship teams I've ever seen. Remember that Derby game where we completely battered them

Easily. We got over 100 points which no other team has done since.

In fact in the last 20 years, since 2002/03, only three sides (including us) have reached 100 points.

As you say, battered Derby (wasn't it 4-0?), and they finished third lol

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Easily. We got over 100 points which no other team has done since.

In fact in the last 20 years, since 2002/03, only three sides (including us) have reached 100 points.

As you say, battered Derby (wasn't it 4-0?), and they finished third lol

People bang on about that Reading side but I think our team would've beaten any side that's ever played in the championship. God I miss those times :cry:

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Not even but bias but I reckon that promotion side was one of the best championship teams I've ever seen. Remember that Derby game where we completely battered them

A family friend of ours was close with an Ipswich player and I remember him saying we were the best side he’d ever played. 

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Of course it was, it had about 10 players in it who won the Premier League 2 years later plus Wood and Knockaert both of whom won the Championship player of the year within the 3 years that followed.

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

People bang on about that Reading side but I think our team would've beaten any side that's ever played in the championship. God I miss those times :cry:

Me too that was my favourite Leicester side of all team. Even including the title winners, for some reason just really felt so connected during that season and loved the football we played!

Matty James was an absolute beast that season and Nugent and Vardy were such a good partnership up top.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Me too that was my favourite Leicester side of all team. Even including the title winners, for some reason just really felt so connected during that season and loved the football we played!

Matty James was an absolute beast that season and Nugent and Vardy were such a good partnership up top.

Connected is right. I remember being genuinely sad after Doncaster because things would change from being so connected, to moving to the global stage. Don’t get me wrong, the Prem win was incredible, but that Championship winning side will always be ‘my’ team. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

There wasn't a weakness in the side. Solid centre halves, Konchesky and De Laet could both defend and get forward. Drinky and James bossing it in midfield. Dyer and Mahrez tearing it up on the wings and Vardy and Nuge had an amazing partnership. I loved that team!

Yep, with Schmeichel, Morgan and Wasilewski as the rocks at the back too.

The fact Chris Wood, who probably would’ve walked into any other Championship side in history, couldn’t even get into the side through no fault of his own but solely because of how good Vardy and Nugent were speaks volumes too.

That 2013-14 is a strong nomination for the greatest Championship side of all-time, can’t believe anyone would call that side “mediocre”

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yep, with Schmeichel, Morgan and Wasilewski as the rocks at the back too.

The fact Chris Wood, who probably would’ve walked into any other Championship side in history, couldn’t even get into the side through no fault of his own but solely because of how good Vardy and Nugent were speaks volumes too.

That 2013-14 is a strong nomination for the greatest Championship side of all-time, can’t believe anyone would call that side “mediocre”

Yeah for the life of me I couldn't remember who Morgan's most regular centre back partner was out of Liam Moore and Wasyl. Even players like Schlupp contributed

We barely missed when it came to recruitment back then

Edited by foxfanazer

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah for the life of me I couldn't remember who Morgan's most regular centre back partner was out of Liam Moore and Wasyl. Even players like Schlupp contributed

I think from memory Moore started the season but Wasilewski became the regular starter around October time.

King and James also rotated a bit as Drinkwater’s partner in midfield I think. 

No one has even mentioned some scruffy winger we signed from France for £400k in January yet either, who while still a little naive, looked unplayable when given time on the ball.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Dean Hammond, Taylor-Fletcher and Kevin Phillips also contributed massively when needed with their experience. As others have said already, I loved that squad, it was so perfectly balanced. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Such a lazy generalisation of him. As you say the practices he implemented at the club with the sports scientists etc as well as his man management set up everything that was to come. I find the setup at the club now far more archaic 

That may be true but his appeal to the certain type of fan I was referring to isn’t his interest in sports science. Generalisation or not his old school no-nonsense up and at ‘em reputation is what seems to appeal.