Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Nigel Pearson: Here and Now

45 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

That may be true but his appeal to the certain type of fan I was referring to isn’t his interest in sports science. Generalisation or not his old school no-nonsense up and at ‘em reputation is what seems to appeal.

Can you generalise everyone who likes him as that type of fan? I think you'll find a lot like him simply because they probably started following and attending games properly during that mid noughties dross era and it was refereshing to have someone with some actual sense in charge.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

People bang on about that Reading side but I think our team would've beaten any side that's ever played in the championship. God I miss those times :cry:

Hard to argue with that when 5 of the starting XI of that Championship winning team went on to be PL winners within 2 years....

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Can you generalise everyone who likes him as that type of fan? I think you'll find a lot like him simply because they probably started following and attending games properly during that mid noughties dross era and it was refereshing to have someone with some actual sense in charge.

That’s mostly it for me. 

But also he was the first manager since MON who would have players running through brick walls for him. We was a pleasure to watch back then, even when we lost we went down fighting leaving absolutely everything out there on the pitch. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Reading, Newcastle and ourselves all got 100+ points. Reading, to be fair to them, got 106 points which won't probably be bettered.

I don't miss playing in the Championship, not at all, but I can't believe people can speak of Nigel Pearson the way they do when he turned our club around (twice). We wouldn't be in the position we are now, not even in the Premier League, without him.

I genuinely thought we'd break that record. If the team hadn't still been rat arsed for the Brighton game it would've been much closer. 

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Nah I think it’s the success he had here and the way he transformed the club from one in decline in league one, to one that was able to win the premier league. Just a shame it seems that the club is slowly losing its identity now and is on a downwards trajectory.

In that case why don’t they also idolise O Neil, Little, Milne, Bloomfield and all the others that won promotion 

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

There is that but I’m taking it on what they tend to say in their posts

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

In that case why don’t they also idolise O Neil, Little, Milne, Bloomfield and all the others that won promotion 

Do you really not get it or are you just being obtuse?

If you can't feel about the club the way Pearson (and O'Neill) made us feel about it then I genuinely pity you

Edited by MrsJohnMurphy

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

I idolise Pearson and O'Neill, but Pearson trump's it for me. The way he rebuilt the club from the ground up! Firmly stand by the league winning season still happening with him at helm. He built the style of play, a majority of the squad and built the momentum the season before. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

How many of those took us from league 1 to the premier league? How many completely transformed the club off the pitch as well as on it? Also how many were likely before a lot of peoples time? I don’t understand how you don’t get it. I assume you may be an older gentleman? 

• Like 1

Still nothing to divide the fans like a manager who once signed his own donkey son who then slept with a hooker on a club tour and managed to leave Kane, Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater variously on the bench while his team plodded away in the championship - truly a genius…….get him in 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Still nothing to divide the fans like a manager who once signed his own donkey son who then slept with a hooker on a club tour and managed to leave Kane, Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater variously on the bench while his team plodded away in the championship - truly a genius…….get him in 

ok Gary Megson

2 hours ago, seenitall said:

🤣 Made Vardy into a superstar the following season, Kane was atrocious that season, Mahrez needed time as did Drinkwater. But the following season all but one of those were doing on all cylinders and kept us up! 

Kane went back to Spurs and had a terrible season. 

Signing James was a mistake but Nige would be first to admit that.  

How anyone can question the guys talent after what he did for this club is beyond me!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let's not forget he played Vardy on the wing.

:yawn: are you still here?