Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Timothy Castagne Signs!

He looks like a massive upgrade on Chilwell thus far. He’s putting balls into the box that we all wished Chilwell would have when he was here. 
I still rate Chilwell though, but mainly on his engine and marauding runs. Castagne has that cutting edge though. 

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 2

Incredible engine on the lad, he seems every bit as quick after 90 minutes as he does after the first 9! Looks to be really enjoying his football here too, but then that's easy when you're winning all three of your first games, and tanking Man City.

Assuming Riccy P comes back in, and (in time) takes the right side again, what's this lad like on the left? Fantastic problem to have, but it'd be a crime seeing one of our standout performers early doors being utilised as a square peg in a round hole if he's not as natural down the left.

29 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The big question is. When Ricardo is fully fit, which 1 of the 2 plays LB?

I'd prefer Ricky P there personally, think he has more ability to cut inside and shoot.

Swap at HT maybe. 

BR must have Ricardo in mind for LB otherwise Castagne would be playing there now with JJ at RB

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

BR must have Ricardo in mind for LB otherwise Castagne would be playing there now with JJ at RB

10 minutes ago, foxpleasure said:

Or... JJ is better at LB than RB (his best performances have been on the left) whereas TC is equally good on either flank.

That's a reasonable shout. You might be right.

33 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Nah, can’t see that. BR knows Timmy is the best LB we now have at the club. Once Ricardo is fully up to speed, Justin will be benched Ricardo at RB (one of the best three Right backs in the league btw) and Castagne at LB

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nah, can’t see that. BR knows Timmy is the best LB we now have at the club. Once Ricardo is fully up to speed, Justin will be benched Ricardo at RB (one of the best three Right backs in the league btw) and Castagne at LB

The problem here is, by that time, Castagne might have a case for being in the top 3 RBs in the league also.

Moving Castagne and bringing in Ricardo means you're disrupting 2 positions essentially, but what a dilemma to have! I can't wait to see what we do with it. With JJ's versatility, we know we can ease him back in. 

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The problem here is, by that time, Castagne might have a case for being in the top 3 RBs in the league also.

Moving Castagne and bringing in Ricardo means you're disrupting 2 positions essentially, but what a dilemma to have! I can't wait to see what we do with it. With JJ's versatility, we know we can ease him back in. 

Yeah, but (by all accounts) Castagne is highly regarded at LB. Better than JJ. For me, it’s as simple as putting your best players in their best positions. Ricardo is the best RB of the three. Castagne is the best LB of the three. Time will tell.

16 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, but (by all accounts) Castagne is highly regarded at LB. Better than JJ. For me, it’s as simple as putting your best players in their best positions. Ricardo is the best RB of the three. Castagne is the best LB of the three. Time will tell.

Now Now Calm down Gents. Plenty of room for everyone at the inn. Injuries and recovery, lots of matches played in a short period and high intensity training to keep the engine humming. What a problem we have with players so versatile. Almost like it was planned. The Dutch Way.

2 minutes ago, nnickn said:

So on that logic, you would have been happier if his first 3 games had  been crap.

Then he could have only gone up.

No, I would have been happier with just a promising 3 first games. Not that good. It is worrying, but only a little bit.

Better to have a player that plays too good than too bad ;)

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Now Now Calm down Gents. Plenty of room for everyone at the inn. Injuries and recovery, lots of matches played in a short period and high intensity training to keep the engine humming. What a problem we have with players so versatile. Almost like it was planned. The Dutch Way.

All friendly debate :D I'm excited either way! 

On 28/09/2020 at 16:13, SO1 said:

The only time I've ever heard of Castagne was when it was rumored that Rogers wanted him at Celtic. In hindsight I can't believe Celtic didn't get this over the line. He would have transformed them.

Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected him to roll up to Leicester being the player that he is.

What an incredible talent. So lucky to have him.

This is why I said its a congerton signing.

7 hours ago, Mawuli said:

He would and you know it😂

Managing a team isnt just about value and technical ability of a player, this is why Claudio waited until we lost a game to make the changes he wanted to the team.  You dont mess with a winning formula unless you forced to.  If these performances keep up from both JJ and Castagne, Ricardo will have to wait I expect.   Also remember it was a nasty injury that can change a player.

Edited by Chrysalis

On 28/09/2020 at 11:28, Col city fan said:

Reminds me lots of that great full back we had on the right hand side under O’Neil’s tenure

Shows I’m getting bloody old cos I’ve forgotten his name but both players oh so very very composed

It’s smashing to see a full back with a good brain as well as athleticism

What was his bloody name?

Remembered it... Pontus Kamaark

Gotta say mate....Pontus Kamaark was some player for LCFC!  Absolutely loved him!

Definitely one of the unsung heroes in the MON era.....although i bet Juniniho still expects to see him right behind him every time he turns round even now 23 years later!!!  :D

• Like 1