Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Col city fan
5 hours ago, knitro said:

It's one of the more pathetic things I've seen as a fan of sport for decades.

:nigel:

Edited by Col city fan

9 hours ago, Col city fan said:

A tidy game does not equate to three goals conceded. A tidy game is shutting the opposition out. But again I can see that this is falling on the deaf ears of FT so I’ll move on

Again… 😆

You seem to be mixing personal performance with team performance. 

Can’t blame anyone for the first really, but watch Soyuncu. He’s absolute muck, he’s all over the place and then in the box he’s marking Evans rather than the man behind him, which drags Ricardo in a leave a spare. Didn’t cause the goal, but that is going on all the time.

Second goal, Soyuncu loses the ball well out of position and leave a giant hole in the centre.

Third goal, Vest steps out, messes up, then leaves his man.

He ain’t perfect but he’s not personally responsible for everything.

• Like 1

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I thought he had another really good game today. Says it all that Soyuncu got carded and taken off because he might get a red, but Amartey stayed on. He's getting better and better with his ground game every week too.

Might not be a first choice CB, but he's played in every game we've won this season. Every single one!

Deserves a new contract as a valuable squad player.

agree with all of this !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Another win with Dan in the side, proving to be a really useful squad player.

Why some can’t accept that is what he is I have no idea. 

He’s been our best centre half this season. Evans obviously better but missed majority of games

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Firmly 2nd choice centre back. Well in Big Dan 

I personally wouldn’t put him in ahead of Evans or Fofana. And really he’s a different type of defender than cags. He’s a bit more nippy which we need but we do need a tall defender too… if we went to two at the back we wouldn’t  have much height  with Evans and Dan.

it’s a tough one. I really like him and I hope we keep him as he’s having a great season.

However if Newcastle bid £60m in January I might reluctantly acknowledge his request for first team football.. :ph34r:

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

I personally wouldn’t put him in ahead of Evans or Fofana. And really he’s a different type of defender than cags. He’s a bit more nippy which we need but we do need a tall defender too… if we went to two at the back we wouldn’t  have much height  with Evans and Dan.

it’s a tough one. I really like him and I hope we keep him as he’s having a great season.

However if Newcastle bid £60m in January I might reluctantly acknowledge his request for first team football.. :ph34r:

£100m and we start the conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Where's Col? 🤔🤣

I’m here! I thought we looked very shaky defensively for most of the first half, but then definitely settled down. Amartey was ok. Soyuncu definitely has become more shaky than Amartey 

He’s aggressive, committed and generally really reliable too. He sometimes looks a bit clumsy and ungainly but that’s just his style. 

I noticed today that he pulled out of a challenge in the box and the Brentford player threw his legs and went down looking for contact. He’s definitely got the experience to step in when we need him to and is arguably pushing Cags for the 3rd CB role when Fofana is back

Guest Col city fan
Just now, adam95581 said:

He’s aggressive, committed and generally really reliable too. He sometimes looks a bit clumsy and ungainly but that’s just his style. 

I noticed today that he pulled out of a challenge in the box and the Brentford player threw his legs and went down looking for contact. He’s definitely got the experience to step in when we need him to and is arguably pushing Cags for the 3rd CB role when Fofana is back

I never thought I’d say this but I’d start Amartey over Cags at present. Soyuncu has never really returned from the Euros looking confident and if there’s a defensive ‘calamity’ it’s usually coming from him 

Some twat behind me today kept saying how shit Amartey is and he should be in Rugby because all he does is pass forward. 

Absolute nonsense, he plays a solid safe game. He is criminally underrated and for me a contender for motm.

I'd like to see his pass completion stats as he doesn't give it away easily