Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Let's face it our best CB pairing is big Dan and Faes.

Hopefully Brendan doesn't meddle with that for no reason.

why would he?

He never listened to the fans or else B ig Dan would have been at Stoke

14 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Faes and Evans have only played 3 PL together....

Spurs A, Forest H and Bournemouth A.

Correction

• Benching Big Dan: 14 goals in 5 matches, i.e. an average of 2.8 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Dan:  1 goal in 5 matches, i.e. an avarege of  0.20 goals/game  

Haters, Pick your poison!

Edited by Rawlings

Guest Col city fan
4 hours ago, Rawlings said:

Correction

• Benching Big Ben: 14 goals in 5 matches, i.e. an average of 2.8 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Ben:  1 goal in 5 matches, i.e. an avarege of  0.20 goals/game  

9604C4C1-6DB7-41C0-A936-7B7D3A6F2BBD.jpeg

5 hours ago, Rawlings said:

Correction

• Benching Big Dan: 14 goals in 5 matches, i.e. an average of 2.8 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Dan:  1 goal in 5 matches, i.e. an avarege of  0.20 goals/game  

Out of interest, you writing off the first 4 games of the season he started were we conceded 10 goals in 4 games?

• Haha 1

Remember the debate, a couple of years ago, about who'd be last man standing from the title squad of 2016?

Kasper was the favourite, though there were takers for Vardy and Albrighton.......well, the odds must be shortening on Big Dan.

Am I right in thinking he's out of contract next summer? If so.....sign him up!

Ideally, we'd bring in a better centre half as first choice, as Dan does have his limitations. But if money's tight and our transfer priorities are in other positions, we could do a lot worse than renew Dan's contract and play him regularly.

I find it impressive the way he keeps coming back and winning back a place in the team after being injured, dropped etc. Suggests he has a very good attitude.

His performances also seem to benefit greatly from getting a decent run in the team. When he plays regularly, he rarely seems to make the gaffes that he's occasionally prone to when brought in for the odd couple of games.

So pleased for Big Dan. I think the guy is a diamond and have stood by him even when many were dismissing him as shite. Yeah he has a mistake in him, most players do, but the honesty, passion and love for our club the guy has is immense. He doesn’t let us down in terms of effort, commitment or attitude. 

Playing alongside Faes seems to have steadied him up. It’s almost like a double signing. He seems much more relaxed and confident.You love to see it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

'A mistake' now and then is okay - the problem with Amartey was that he tended to make three or four absolute howlers per match! If he can keep on not doing that, then he's a decent player. Fingers crossed!!

This is surely an exaggeration, 3 or 4 howlers per match! An example would be nice. 

5 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

'A mistake' now and then is okay - the problem with Amartey was that he tended to make three or four absolute howlers per match! If he can keep on not doing that, then he's a decent player. Fingers crossed!!

When did he last make a mistake that directly lead to a goal? 

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

This is surely an exaggeration, 3 or 4 howlers per match! An example would be nice. 

Yeah, it's an exaggeration! Of course it is.  For comic effect.

But I would say you used to be able to rely on him to make at least one dangerously awful mistake most games. More power to his elbow if he can carry on not doing that!

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Absolutely, but I still think it's worth asking. It's a lazy comment like saying Hamza and Wasyl were "walking red cards", completely baseless. 

Disagree. It's a cheap comment, sure, but it's hardly baseless. Or are you going to suggest that Amartey hasn't made heart-in-mouth mistakes, like gently passing to the opposition on the edge of our box, in a way that Evans, for example, just doesn't tend to?

18 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Disagree. It's a cheap comment, sure, but it's hardly baseless. Or are you going to suggest that Amartey hasn't made heart-in-mouth mistakes, like gently passing to the opposition on the edge of our box, in a way that Evans, for example, just doesn't tend to?

When was the last time it lead to a goal? 

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When did he last make a mistake that directly lead to a goal? 

Have to agree here. We have looked far more solid with Amartey and Faes at CB. Dan has made mistakes and can make them,  but we seem far better with him than without him. 

Some people just seem I myopic when it comes to this lad. They can’t seem to let go of anything and see him for what he is, a solid professional who loves the club and has never let us down. One of my favourite players frankly. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

Evans does it a lot. He'll also pass the ball directly to their midfield in tons of space, letting them run at our backline. It not even obvious what pass he's looking for. If someone told me he intended to give the ball away, I'd believe them.

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When was the last time it lead to a goal? 

Missed a clearance header on the halfway line a few games ago? Few on here called him out for it.

His game has massively improved but let's not try and rewrite his 'career' as a CB, in the main he was poor, he isn't anymore but I doubt Barca or RM will be knocking in January.

If Faes and Knudson can improve him that mucg in seven games imagine how impressive a good CB would look.

Edited by hackneyfox