Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

On 06/11/2022 at 22:03, Leeds Fox said:

It must be a weight off of his shoulders playing with someone who defends on the front foot. It stops (limits) the attackers opportunity to play a quick one-two or a quick ball through. In a similar way, playing with someone who genuinely plays progressive passes, not constantly rolling it around at the back (in turn creating further opportunity to be pressed, misplace a pass etc). 

That’s not lumping all the praise on Wout, just highlighting he’s clearly a CB partner that suits Big Dan. 

....what are the chances of finding a player that is the right fit for Amartey!!!

16 hours ago, Col city fan said:

.....................when he’s confident he can be excellent. He’s ‘all effort’, he’s strong and pretty quick.............................................Whether we give him a new contract, for me I’m unsure. If the rumours are true that he’s earning 60k per week, I wouldn’t re-sign him on that level of salary.

End of 20 season I remember Big Wes and Ryan Bennet playing during Bournemouth collapse and after. If fit, he was unused 5th choice CB

Spurs, end of 21, Mendy on for Fofana injury, Ndidi moved into back four and Amartey not trusted off the bench..... Shame because he looked pretty confident getting the yellow whilst also not playing the game before......

All ifs and buts but a little more trust in our 60,000 per week squad filler might have got us champions league......

Not the perfect defender but considering our ideal starters seem to get old, sold, injured or ignored......... I reckon we need him

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what are the chances of finding a player that is the right fit for Amartey!!!

Well, it looks like we’ve managed to find a player that suits him. I’m not saying we looked for someone that suited him, but it’s a bonus. 

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Go on... rate the two of them out of 10 for their passing

It not FIFA, its just a opinion 

I feel Evans has a better range of passing short and long, when full fit and on song.

Unfortunately he hasn't been full fit for a long time. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

It not FIFA, its just a opinion 

I feel Evans has a better range of passing short and long, when full fit and on song.

Unfortunately he hasn't been full fit for a long time. 

Perhaps, but this is a ways off your original 'not a chance'

8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Perhaps, but this is a ways off your original 'not a chance'

Not really, when both players are full fit I would still say no chance still.

Nothing wrong with you having a difference of opinion, if you feel he's better.

On 23/10/2022 at 11:16, Lambert09 said:

our most underrated player by a considerable distance. in a similar way to mendy, he seems to make us a better team without actually putting in amazing displays. They both add a balance. If we had listened to fans requests to bin we’d probably be bottom now and may have been relegated last year or close to it 

On 05/11/2022 at 18:56, Lambert09 said:

repeat repeat repeat 

repeat repeat repeat  repeat 

(i see the laughing faces turning to likes ;)

"Amartey can't play in a back 2"

"Amartey isn't good enough for Leicester"

"Amartey is at best a squad player"

All of the above were true at some point, but not any more! The word I would use to describe him today would be "imperious." Great performance again from him.

Give him a new deal! He's one of us now.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Who knew Evans was the problem all along?

I'm half joking but we seem to have improved defensively with the current defensive pair, I don't expect Jonny to get his starting place back anytime soon.

On 06/11/2022 at 23:38, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest, you writing off the first 4 games of the season he started were we conceded 10 goals in 4 games?

Go check the line up before u write!!!

Big Dan was on the BENCH for the 5-2 loss to Brighton and the 6-2 to Spurs

• Like 1

Evans can't get a look in right now and quite right too - Amartey looks like a different player. So pleased for him. I remember when he suffered that horrific leg break a few years back. So thrilled to see him playing with such confidence.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rawlings said:
  • Benching Big Dan: 14 goals in 5 matches, i.e. an average of 2.8 goals/game 
  • Starting Big Dan:  1 goal in 6 matches, i.e. an avarege of  0.16 goals/game  

Haters, Pick your poison!!!!!!!

Similar stats to that Big Ben you were posting about lol

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Faes is having the same effect on Amartey as Huth had on Morgan. 

Stop that!!!!

Faes (paired with Evans) let in 6 goals against Spurs 

Even on a bad day,  Big Dan let's in just 2 goals .... no matter his defensive partner or the opposition.

• Thanks 1