Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

9 minutes ago, Rawlings said:

Stop that!!!!

Faes (paired with Evans) let in 6 goals against Spurs 

Even on a bad day,  Big Dan let's in just 2 goals .... no matter his defensive partner or the opposition.

Don’t worry Dan I have always rated you 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Rawlings said:

Stop that!!!!

Faes (paired with Evans) let in 6 goals against Spurs 

Even on a bad day,  Big Dan let's in just 2 goals .... no matter his defensive partner or the opposition.

Can't wait until it finally dawns on these nobbers that it's actually Big Dan that is making Wout look good.  :worship:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Would this be his longest run in the side now? Been here a long time but I cannot remember him being first choice for so many matches.

So pleased for him 

Has to be surely. I think now must be the first time that if Jonny was fully fit, Dan would still start. 

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Would you offer him a new contract?

Genuinely still not sure Una.

Football is a bizarre sport where form can change like the wind. A few weeks ago, I’d estimate (if they were being honest) that 99% of the fans would have driven Amartey out of the club (just look at the comments that were written). Now…. Those same people will be more than happy if he’s offered a new contract.

Times change, form changes, confidence changes. At present, we see a rejuvenated TEAM, let alone Amartey!

But we know he can be bloody awful too. 
Faes is the difference I think. The whole team looks defensively just more confident.

Re giving Amartey a new contract, I’ll wait a while before I cast my dice. At present…? Of course. A few weeks ago… not in a month of Sundays.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Would you offer him a new contract?

Well there is a vacancy for a team leader where I work, and he'd have to go through the normal interview process, but if he can demonstrate appropriate organisational and middle management skills, and is the strongest candidate, then sure, why not? Although I believe it's being offered internally first, so he may be out of luck.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rawlings said:

Go check the line up before u write!!!

Big Dan was on the BENCH for the 5-2 loss to Brighton and the 6-2 to Spurs

Well as I said the first 4 games of the season and Brighton was the 6th and Spurs was the 7th you may want to take you own advise :appl:

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Can't wait until it finally dawns on these nobbers that it's actually Big Dan that is making Wout look good.  :worship:

Big Dan is on a Bosman at the end of the season.

If he has a good world cup, I fear what might happen.

This is a player who does not cause any ruckus on the bench .... a trait that many big teams like  

• Like 1

For me, his revelation is the hardest to explain. He’s looked so out of his depth for much of his career here, I for one have never really rated him until the last couple of games. He used to look so scared when he had the ball, he was so hesitant in his defending, but now he’s a whole new man. I really cannot explain it. 

17 minutes ago, Dusty said:

For me, his revelation is the hardest to explain. He’s looked so out of his depth for much of his career here, I for one have never really rated him until the last couple of games. He used to look so scared when he had the ball, he was so hesitant in his defending, but now he’s a whole new man. I really cannot explain it. 

"out of his depth" to mostly haters.

The fact that Breden had faith and offered him a new contract, indicates most of u don't understand football .

27 minutes ago, Dusty said:

He gets better the more games he plays in a row, he was starting to look very good 3 years ago at RB until he broke his leg, he had some very good performances last season and played a lot of games but this season he has been up there with the best in the league after a shaky start.

• Like 2

Seems silly not giving another year to someone so versatile who is also seemingly perfectly happy to be “the guy who does whatever you want even if it’s sitting on the bench”

He still gets into the national side no matter what so I’m sure that helps. 

I guess the issue might be that he wants another 2-3 years. 

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

Seems silly not giving another year to someone so versatile who is also seemingly perfectly happy to be “the guy who does whatever you want even if it’s sitting on the bench”

He still gets into the national side no matter what so I’m sure that helps. 

I guess the issue might be that he wants another 2-3 years. 

We wouldn’t offer him just a year. 2 years would be fine, always means you can sell at end of season and not leave on a free. Evans has a maximum of 18 months left, Vestegaard will be gone, Soyuncu too. Faes there will be interest in. Amartey will probably out stay all of them

• Like 1