Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

11 minutes ago, Rawlings said:

"out of his depth" to mostly haters.

The fact that Breden had faith and offered him a new contract, indicates most of u don't understand football .

We also gave vestergaard and Bertrand contracts so not sure your point stands there.

Inever disliked him, but for me he so infrequently showed he was up to standard. For me he’s ahead of Evans in this form, and I could never have imagined saying that at any point in the last few years. 

Guest Col city fan
48 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Big Dan never  got a Premiership medal but was in our Premiership winning squad and made a number of appearances in that season. To me he will always be a Premiership champion.,

I think he did get a medal?

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

We also gave vestergaard and Bertrand contracts so not sure your point stands there.

Inever disliked him, but for me he so infrequently showed he was up to standard. For me he’s ahead of Evans in this form, and I could never have imagined saying that at any point in the last few years. 

Don't mix apples and oranges

Vestergaard and Bertrand's contracts have NOT been extended. 

These are signings that we got wrong.

A contract extention indicates  u have done enough to deserve extra time.

That's what Big Dan got after 3 years. Vestergaard and Bertrand can only dream of an extention

• Thanks 1

On 09/10/2022 at 00:24, Bezzanator89 said:

I take it that he has finally lost that cult hero status he somehow acclaimed. And about time too. "Big Dan" has stole a living from this club for too many seasons, and I personally have never rated him, scapegoat or not. Our defensive frailties and DA often go hand in hand.

I can personally bet Liverpool were glad they didn't go for him back in 2013 when BR was in charge, but that was only because Amartey had to reject a trial because of a hand injury. But, shock, BR found his man at Leicester anyway so that was a happy coincidence for him.

I 'half' believe that this would partially explain his proclivity for bringing on that donkey kike he did today, when it's the opposite of what we should be doing. I'll never forget Amartey coming on for Tielemans at Brighton, substitute choice of nightmares. Let's face the music, BR clearly rates him, and maybe Amartey gets a small cut when Brendan gets his multimillion severance pay.

Long story short, it's a conspiracy I tells you!

amartey-upset.gif.53e303b9e366df16356690aeebc95836.gif

• Haha 2

It’s good to look back at some of these comments in hindsight and sniff at them, but we’ve all been guilty of writing off players.

I’ll be very honest and say that when I watched Amartey in those early home games against Brentford and Southampton I wondered how on Earth he could be considered a PL footballer. I was desperate for Soyuncu to have a bit of chance at redemption and for DA to be dropped. Now, quite rightly, BR kept faith with him over a fit-again Evans. 

If someone had told me towards the end of last season that, the following season, we’d be starting games without Evans, Fofana and Cags - and that Amartey was part of a new look defence - I would have been reaching for the Whiskey. I’m still getting used to a world where that is the case. 

There is, however, nothing more beautiful in football when players you’d written off start to prove you very wrong. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 12:44, Rawlings said:

"out of his depth" to mostly haters.

The fact that Breden had faith and offered him a new contract, indicates most of u don't understand football .

What a ludicrous response !!

What percentage of the forum in your highly esteemed opinion don't understand football ?

• Haha 1

I love Dan. His is the underdog story, came as a CDM, broke his leg, spent years out of the team, brought back as a RB and then a CB. Started out at 4th or 5th choice, hardly got a game but never complained. Slowly worked his way through the team and now is the 2nd best CB at the club. Moral of the story, never give up.

• Like 3

He always looks like he's got a mistake in him and without injuries and unwanted departures he likely wouldn't have played near the amount of games he has but come on. He's a very solid defender for us and gives it everything every week. Had a massive injury and been largely bomb proof ever since which by itself is a miracle with this squad. Absolutely love him. 

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

It’s good to look back at some of these comments in hindsight and sniff at them, but we’ve all been guilty of writing off players.

I’ll be very honest and say that when I watched Amartey in those early home games against Brentford and Southampton I wondered how on Earth he could be considered a PL footballer. I was desperate for Soyuncu to have a bit of chance at redemption and for DA to be dropped. Now, quite rightly, BR kept faith with him over a fit-again Evans. 

If someone had told me towards the end of last season that, the following season, we’d be starting games without Evans, Fofana and Cags - and that Amartey was part of a new look defence - I would have been reaching for the Whiskey. I’m still getting used to a world where that is the case. 

There is, however, nothing more beautiful in football when players you’d written off start to prove you very wrong. Long may it continue. 

I like you HONESTY :appl:

Amartey was a midfielder converting to a central defender.  

It's HARD and does not take a day, expecially in the best league in the world facing some of the best strikers in the world.

BR knew what he was doing, and that's the reason he's the manager and we are all fans :)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

What a ludicrous response !!

What percentage of the forum in your highly esteemed opinion don't understand football ?

Pick your percentage!

Amartey was a midfielder converting to a central defender.  

BR knew it was a difficult transition and required time. 

Any reasonable fan, who watches him weekly & understands the game, should have also figured that out

It's not rocket science.