Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

On 18/11/2022 at 11:27, Jobyfox said:

No not really.

That’s often the problem with forums like these. Everything is so absolute and people forget about the vagaries of form and fitness. 

DA is finally getting an extended run in the team in his best position and playing well. That doesn’t alter the fact that he failed to convince in so many of his other performances before this. 

I remember a few years ago the legendary player Steve Walsh. Everyone now remembers that he was one of our best ever CBs, but forget he was bloody awful when he first joined us from Wigan. 

Things can and do, change! 

Aha, so you want to jump the queue ,to get your extra portions.

mind you it took me a few years before I became a loved,desired,artistic-abused

FT-favourite..:yahoo:

Big Dan having a very solid game today. Good first half. 

2-0 up at half time. That’s doesn’t reflect the reality that in the first part of that Hal Korea were all over them and wouldn’t be in it except for some great defending especially amartey and salisu. 

Edited by Supergray22

5 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Big Dan having a very solid game today. Good first half. 

2-0 up at half time. That’s doesn’t reflect the reality that in the first part of that Hal Korea were all over them and wouldn’t be in it except for some great defending especially amartey and salisu. 

Glad it's all working out for him now. I am as guilty as the next person for writing him off at times, but he hasn't had an easy time of it, in and out of the team and played in various different positions, and then of course a really horrible injury. 

17 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Glad it's all working out for him now. I am as guilty as the next person for writing him off at times, but he hasn't had an easy time of it, in and out of the team and played in various different positions, and then of course a really horrible injury. 

I’m sure many people think the same thing. He has had more comebacks than take that. A nice guy off the pitch and a warrior on it. 

I'd keep him as a reserve/squad CB but I wouldn't offer him a new contract based on him starting for us over the next few years. 

Sorry, I know this is the Amartey spaff-your-pants thread and he's a lovely guy and certainly now a far more solid a footballer than he ever was for us and better as a CB than any kind of midfielder, but he's not a long term starting player at CB for Leicester in my opinion.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When will people just admit he's good, without caveats? 

Because he's okay - not great and not particularly good?

God love him but there has to be caveats with any player who's positioning and lack of awareness consistently falters in the 90.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I'd keep him as a reserve/squad CB but I wouldn't offer him a new contract based on him starting for us over the next few years. 

Sorry, I know this is the Amartey spaff-your-pants thread and he's a lovely guy and certainly now a far more solid a footballer than he ever was for us and better as a CB than any kind of midfielder, but he's not a long term starting player at CB for Leicester in my opinion.

Even those who like him such as myself wouldn't award him a new deal based on him starting week in week out for the next few years.