Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

20 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because Jermain Jenas and that French woman said so. Nothing to do with Salisu losing his man twice.

The standard of commentating and punditry from Jenas (as well as others) has been horrendous across the tournament. Tactically lacking knowledge and then stirs up drama surrounding decisions through his lack of knowledge around laws of the game. I half expect that he’s asked to say stuff to build drama for the viewers but for me he comes across poorly.

• Like 1

On 28/11/2022 at 09:32, Nick said:

I'd keep him as a reserve/squad CB but I wouldn't offer him a new contract based on him starting for us over the next few years. 

Sorry, I know this is the Amartey spaff-your-pants thread and he's a lovely guy and certainly now a far more solid a footballer than he ever was for us and better as a CB than any kind of midfielder, but he's not a long term starting player at CB for Leicester in my opinion.

nobody expects that. He was our 5th choice cb, it’s not his fault that he’s better than the other options 🤷‍♂️

If he’s happy to stay as our reserve cb then we truly are lucky! 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Simply has to be offered a new contract. We aren't getting a better (in an ideal world) back up defender for essentially nothing and wages of only around £50-60k a week. 

fully agree but the bigger issue is whether his agent will point to the last few years and demand a starting cbs salary 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

He won’t get the coin he’s getting here anywhere else. 

i think he would tbh. He’s been solid for a long while and is only 27.  if the relegation teams wanted vestergarde they’d snap your hands off for big dan :dunno:

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I’d say the problem is more what sort of CB do we look for in January. 

There’s no way he should lose his place and Evans is pretty much done for. 

I think it gives us the chance to target the 20-23 age range and buy a rough diamond, knowing they won’t expect first team straight away and it’s Dans place to lose. 

We already have Nelson who will be almost 19 by the end of the January window. Recall him from his loan and let him compete with Dan. 

9 hours ago, Fox on the Rox said:

We already have Nelson who will be almost 19 by the end of the January window. Recall him from his loan and let him compete with Dan. 

30 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

its just a real shame Nelson didnt get a decent run of games on his loan :(

If he can't get a run of games at Rochdale do you seriously think he's good enough for PL football?

Just now, hackneyfox said:

If he can't get a run of games at Rochdale do you seriously think he's good enough for PL football?

What I meant was, Nelson needs to play at a level and gain experience before being considered for the first team.

I find it strange he isn't selected for Rochdale, and yes, if he isn't good enough for them then clearly he is way off the level we need.

Sometime a loan doesn't work out, but it's not that the player isn't good enough, and I believe Nelson is an example of this.

It's weird because Rochdale wanted him in ! (I believe the manager has since changed which may explain ?)

1 minute ago, ParkerPen said:

What I meant was, Nelson needs to play at a level and gain experience before being considered for the first team.

I find it strange he isn't selected for Rochdale, and yes, if he isn't good enough for them then clearly he is way off the level we need.

Sometime a loan doesn't work out, but it's not that the player isn't good enough, and I believe Nelson is an example of this.

It's weird because Rochdale wanted him in ! (I believe the manager has since changed which may explain ?)

Apologies, my question was more aimed at Fox on the Rox, who thinks he should compete with Amartey, I used your post to point out that if he can't get  a run with a League Two outfit then he's well nowhere near close to PL standards, yet.

• Like 1