Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Guest Kopfkino
56 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

If you have average CBs with limited ability on the ball, don't ask them to play like Franz Beckenbauer.

He has a pass on here (without seeing his view or the tactical cam view we can’t see what else is down the right) but he chooses not to play it and then he’s in a potential trap with Perreira pressing him and narrowing options. The pass to Castagne doesn’t ask him to be Beckenbauer.

C08C4BAC-721D-4508-9BB1-EF94B1603C50.thumb.jpeg.6055ca46484a825c200c0471c87e7956.jpeg

Harrison Reid does well and does exactly what we didn’t first half to force the mistake. Tbf if Ndidi does make the pass to Tielemans, or Tielemans is squarer, Palhina is not close enough to him and he has the quality to make the pass round the corner to Perez who has space. That’s sort of the risk v reward of it but Amartey turns back into a situation he can’t see and ends up in a trap.

866FE832-795D-4664-B460-993BE977F347.thumb.jpeg.af290e9c58cbf5189040067fb9ad4b71.jpeg

Im more concerned by what we do when we lose it tbh

Really poor from Ndidi but the decision making and poor pass from Amartey was a lot worse.

I think the players have been told to do this tactically so fingers have got to be pointed at BR too. Ndidi struggles with the short technical side of the game soo why are we setting him up to fail. Mendy should be in if this it’s BR’s plan.

Anyway, drop Dan and let the perm twins play together!

Should have done better with the 1st goal but Albrighton, Castagne and Ndidi should not be letting Burn run into the box completely unchallenged.

Overall I thought he was our best defender again tonight and did a very good job of keeping Wilson quiet but the problem is Amartey is a squad player and should not have to be our best defender every game but Faes and Castagne have been shocking since the world cup and Thomas should be a squad player at best.

Guest Col city fan

Another shite display from fans cult hero Big Dan.

To be honest though, our whole defence is woeful. Thomas shouldn’t be anywhere near it and Faes looks like a bomb scare.

Utter garbage.

I see the usual suspects who defend him like he’s their dad are conspicuous by their absence at the moment though.

Edited by Col city fan

14 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Should have done better with the 1st goal but Albrighton, Castagne and Ndidi should not be letting Burn run into the box completely unchallenged.

Overall I thought he was our best defender again tonight and did a very good job of keeping Wilson quiet but the problem is Amartey is a squad player and should not have to be our best defender every game but Faes and Castagne have been shocking since the world cup and Thomas should be a squad player at best.

I can’t believe you can pick any of them out as ‘best defender.’ They were collectively very very poor. We only lost 2-0 but realistically we were absolutely smashed. Defensively we were shambolic. As an attacking force we were non-existant. Utterly humiliated. The manager and the team should be embarrassed. As fans we certainly are. 

Just now, funkyrobot said:

I can’t believe you can pick any of them out as ‘best defender.’ They were collectively very very poor. We only lost 2-0 but realistically we were absolutely smashed. Defensively we were shambolic. As an attacking force we were non-existant. Utterly humiliated. The manager and the team should be embarrassed. As fans we certainly are. 

Only one defender can say they had a good game today and that’s Ward. I know he’s a keeper but he’s part of the defensive line. The others were all embarrassing. 

we made Newcastle look like prime Barca. 

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

I agree with all that the problem is all we do is defend because of how negatively Rodgers sets us up.

Just now, knitro said:

He's not the biggest problem, but he's not the answer either.

He's certainly one of the 3 or 4 biggest problems though. The fact Ward, Amartey and Thomas are all starting when none are clearly anywhere near PL level is absolutely one of our biggest problems.

• Thanks 2

Guest Col city fan

Are any of the members of the Amartey cult going to be big enough to admit that they have been hugely misguided? Or are we going to be hit with the ‘but he’s fifth choice’ argument. 
He’s far from being the only problem in this squad, but if anyone genuinely feels he’s a Premiership standard defender then please state it now, or forever hold your peace.

:P

Not improving the CB’s at this club have been the biggest error made by the Board I think. It started when Wes got his injury and we foolishly signed Vestergaard. 
It’s the worst defence in the division.