Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

Just now, Col city fan said:

Are any of the members of the Amartey cult going to be big enough to admit that they have been hugely misguided? Or are we going to be hit with the ‘but he’s fifth choice’ argument. 
He’s far from being the only problem in this squad, but if anyone genuinely feels he’s a Premiership standard defender then please state it now, or forever hold your peace.

:P

Not improving the CB’s at this club have been the biggest error made by the Board I think. It started when Wes got his injury and we foolishly signed Vestergaard. 
It’s the worst defence in the division. 

FFS Col, you can take your pick of who is absolutely shit this season 

I don’t think too many (if any) have seriously suggested that he should be anything more than a fill in but our present woes don’t detract from some reasonable performances in the past albeit as what should have been considered as appearances as the 4th choice CB 

But don’t let objectivity get in the way of a personal crusade lol 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are any of the members of the Amartey cult going to be big enough to admit that they have been hugely misguided? Or are we going to be hit with the ‘but he’s fifth choice’ argument. 
He’s far from being the only problem in this squad, but if anyone genuinely feels he’s a Premiership standard defender then please state it now, or forever hold your peace.

Not improving the CB’s at this club have been the biggest error made by the Board I think. It started when Wes got his injury and we foolishly signed Vestergaard. 

Incredible 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Defence is crap, Amartey, Faes or Thomas should not be starting every game, Thomas and Faes are much bigger issues than Amartey though, nearly all our goals come down the left side.

Our style of play and manager are bigger issues though half the players in our team are completely unsuitable to play Rodgersball but he is too much of a coward and too arragant to change it.

We have zero creativity in our squad so even if our useless defence manage to keep a clean sheet every game we still will not win many games because we create nothing.

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Clearly not then 👍

I don’t understand what you want people to say or admit to? He’s a capable squad player and our inept manager picks him over his own failed signing and a guy who was in the team of the year. Him starting

doesn’t mean people who like his character think he should be. Blame Brendan rather than have a weird vendetta against him, he tries and cares but is ultimately not good enough to start for us. 

Edited by Unabomber

• 2 weeks later...

There was one rare moment on Saturday when he charged up the pitch but as he approached the oppo penalty area he suddenly stopped, looked around as if bewildered, saw no obvious pass and turned back, thus aborting the attacking momentum.

The natural thing to do would have been to plough on into the box with the ball at his feet in the hopevof panicking the defence and inducing a tackle;  possible positive outcomes could have been a collision with the ball pinging around until it fell to one of our forwards or a panicked defender giving away a penalty.  Of course, there was lso the risk of losing the ball and having to cope with a quick counter-attack,

I was just perplexed as to why he didn't just do what was natural, given the momentum he'd built up.  Was it his own lack of confidence or his adhering to instructions, or a bit of both?

46 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

His passing is a huge stumbling block when we're trying to advance up the pitch, combine that with Thomas and it's no wonder we're in this mess.

Wouldn’t want them even if we were in the championship, both terrible

28 minutes ago, deep blue said:

There was one rare moment on Saturday when he charged up the pitch but as he approached the oppo penalty area he suddenly stopped, looked around as if bewildered, saw no obvious pass and turned back, thus aborting the attacking momentum.

The natural thing to do would have been to plough on into the box with the ball at his feet in the hopevof panicking the defence and inducing a tackle;  possible positive outcomes could have been a collision with the ball pinging around until it fell to one of our forwards or a panicked defender giving away a penalty.  Of course, there was lso the risk of losing the ball and having to cope with a quick counter-attack,

I was just perplexed as to why he didn't just do what was natural, given the momentum he'd built up.  Was it his own lack of confidence or his adhering to instructions, or a bit of both?

He chose the Amartey option which was to turn around and play a simple direct pass to their player.  I think many of our defence have had their natural progressive instincts taken away at the cost of Rodgersball. I recall JJ doing this a few times and Amartey when he was playing RB. 

He has three types of passes, the pass around the defence while we slowly walk up the pitch 10 metres, the panic pass forward to a player who is being pressed as they’ve taken 25 pass to get to the half way line. The third is usually when we are chasing the game and Rodger’s has changed formation.  He will come out from the back to start attacks and play direct clean passes to the midfield high up the pitch. These usually are good passes that come off.  It’s just too little too late. 

Guest Kopfkino

He’s now played the 4th most minutes (overtaking Kasper) for us across the last two seasons. The player for whom the only ever defence of him has been that he’s alright as 4th choice. The perfect encapsulation of why we are where we are.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What your initial post? Or your quick back tracking in the subsequent posts?

I said he was going up the list of worst players. never mentionned he had reached the top. Not a difficult read, if you try.

There have been worse than Thomas. I was alluding to the fact that he seems to be getting worse rather than better

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I said he was going up the list of worst players. never mentionned he had reached the top. Not a difficult read, if you try.

There have been worse than Thomas. I was alluding to the fact that he seems to be getting worse rather than better

Definitely said heading up the table of our worst ever players, so yes you did