Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Where was Big Dan today? Not even on the bench. 

Was he injured or dropped? It would be good if he could go back to being 4th or 5th choice, but that's reliant on Evans staying fit and redemption for Cags. 

Ill according to Brendan post match. 

Edited by Gazza M
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Great to have such a versatile player within our ranks isn’t it 

Yes great. I hope that he gets well soon so that he can provide the cover that we need. 

I also hope that Evans and Ricardo recover soon. Then Amartey can become the 4th choice CB* and 3rd choice RB, which is more befitting of his talents. 

*well, 5th choice CB if it wasn’t for Soyuncu’s exile 

40 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Great to have such a versatile player within our ranks isn’t it 

It's all well and good being versatile, but it only means something if he was actually good at it. He stinks the place out wherever he plays. I hope the club lets his contract expire this summer.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

He was great at cb during that run before the WC. Also at least he always gives his all regardless of ability. Just look at the likes of Vestergaard in terms of stinking the place out. Dan deserves respect from our fans and it’s sad that the likes of you make comments like that. 

Sad? Yes, but if he was more consistent rather that scaring the daylights out of the fans in the stands who watch him (like me), then I'd change my tune. I have no reason to.

Faes takes the credit for the run before the WC, we can all see the shift in form when Wout found his feet, whilst Dan still did his usual bumbling thing with errant passes and lapses in concentration.

Begs the question, why do you think he never plays when there are more preferred, and better, players in his position? Because he is not Premier League quality, and he is not good enough.

Also explains why you never get any clubs coming in for him, whilst Vestergaard (who also needs to leave), had Hertha Berlin and Fulham interested in his services in the last 12 months.

Now that Souttar has arrived with a decent debut showing, this is probably it for Amartey at Leicester. The cult hero, why that is I've no idea, will get no gametime here unless there is an injury. 

And it makes me sad to say this given he is one of the longer serving players at the club, but he should now leave in the summer, albeit a few seasons too late.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Sad? Yes, but if he was more consistent rather that scaring the daylights out of the fans in the stands who watch him (like me), then I'd change my tune. I have no reason to.

Faes takes the credit for the run before the WC, we can all see the shift in form when Wout found his feet, whilst Dan still did his usual bumbling thing with errant passes and lapses in concentration.

Begs the question, why do you think he never plays when there are more preferred, and better, players in his position? Because he is not Premier League quality, and he is not good enough.

Also explains why you never get any clubs coming in for him, whilst Vestergaard (who also needs to leave), had Hertha Berlin and Fulham interested in his services in the last 12 months.

Now that Souttar has arrived with a decent debut showing, this is probably it for Amartey at Leicester. The cult hero, why that is I've no idea, will get no gametime here unless there is an injury. 

And it makes me sad to say this given he is one of the longer serving players at the club, but he should now leave in the summer, albeit a few seasons too late.

Your post makes no sense. He HAS been playing when there are “better” players available such as Soyuncu. He also kept £12m valued Vestergaard out of the team…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Your post makes no sense. He HAS been playing when there are “better” players available such as Soyuncu. He also kept £12m valued Vestergaard out of the team…

Have you seen Soyuncu's form over the last two seasons? The guy has exiled and cannot be used for comparison. And £15m-valued Vestergaard has never been a first choice CB, and therefore cannot be used for comparison.

Look, I appreciate that you're in the Amartey-stay category. I get it, and I'm sorry that you don't like what I'm saying even though it is my opinion, and not without reason.

Sadly, your argument is effectively redundant, and Amartey should have no future at the club beyond the summer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Errant passes? Isn't his success rate actually very good? Good to see another poster who quite clearly doesn't understand what a cult hero is, and a point that has been raised to numerous others do you expect 4 first choice standard centre backs at the club? Additionally perhaps no clubs came in for him as we like his versatility, so don't entertain them? 

Finally most don't think he should be starting week in week out or want him to, now we have Souttar he won't and I'll be more than happy with that and when Evans is back he'll be down to 4th choice which is what everyone actually wants and believes he should be.

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Errant passes? Isn't his success rate actually very good? Good to see another poster who quite clearly doesn't understand what a cult hero is, and a point that has been raised to numerous others do you expect 4 first choice standard centre backs at the club? Additionally perhaps no clubs came in for him as we like his versatility, so don't entertain them? 

Finally most don't think he should be starting week in week out or want him to, now we have Souttar he won't and I'll be more than happy with that and when Evans is back he'll be down to 4th choice which is what everyone actually wants and believes he should be.

I can’t believe some fans still don’t understand this 

• Like 1

Amartey is a lovely bloke and he tries really hard. I get all that. 

He deserves our respect as he never makes a fuss and has stepped in at critical times for us. Largely during our injury crisis and to cover for a defender, in Vestergaard, who was one of our worst signings in history. 

The thing is though that I would step in and give my all for Leicester given the opportunity. I’d run myself into the ground for the club. Sadly I don’t have any ability in football that would suggest I should play it at Premier League level. Daniel Amartey isn’t a Premier League player either - in any position. So 4th or 5th choice CB is fine, but 1st choice should only be as a result of an injury crisis or complete FU in the transfer market 

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

He deserves our respect as he never makes a fuss and has stepped in at critical times for us. Largely during our injury crisis and to cover for a defender, in Vestergaard, who was one of our worst signings in history. 

The thing is though that I would step in and give my all for Leicester given the opportunity. I’d run myself into the ground for the club. Sadly I don’t have any ability in football that would suggest I should play it at Premier League level. Daniel Amartey isn’t a Premier League player either - in any position. So 4th or 5th choice CB is fine, but 1st choice should only be as a result of an injury crisis or complete FU in the transfer market 

Which is how he ended up a starter. We has injuries and ****ed up signing Vestergaard. The only one you'd say should have been ahead of him is Soyuncu, but blame the manager for freezing him out.

16 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I mean he isn't that bad is he, he's been here 7 years and has played under how many managers? If he definitely wasn't at all good enough for the league in any capacity he'd of been binned off by now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I mean he isn't that bad is he, he's been here 7 years and has played under how many managers? If he definitely wasn't at all good enough for the league in any capacity he'd of been binned off by now.

Exactly. Clearly all those managers saw a player who could cover injuries in a few roles. Obviously wasn't a starter, but a useful squad player. It's only down to Rodgers poor man management and failure in the transfer market, or his teams at least, that has resulted in him starting so often.

I just always find this Amartey thread a little bizarre.

You can’t express pleasure about DA being out of the starting eleven without multiple people jumping to his defence like he’s some sort of kicked puppy.

“He’s a lovely bloke…. he deserves our respect … he’s only playing because superior players are being sidelined or injured … etc … etc…” All true, but totally irrelevant. My dentist is a lovely bloke, but I wouldn’t want him to be lining up at CB in our next game either 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

4 permanent managers. 

In that time he’s mostly been either injured or back up to superior players. It’s only really this season he’s been pressed into being 1st choice - because of poor management or recruitment - take your pick.

He can stay for ever from my point of view as long as he’s around 4th choice CB and 3rd or 4th RB and we don’t pay him too much. Any extended run as 1st choice will inevitably coincide with a relegation scrap